hghppjfan
tennis47

Harry Potter or Hunger Games?

hghppjfan

hghppjfan

Pro

opponent picks side, here are the rules:

1. no cursing
2. no bullying
3. have fun

here are the rounds:
1. Pro: tells rules Con: tells side
2. Pro: opening arguments Con: opening arguments and rebuttals
3. Pro and con: arguments and rebuttals
4. Pro: closing arguments and rebuttals Con: rebuttals
tennis47

Con

It's actually THE Hunger Games. Good luck and happy New Year's! ;)
hghppjfan

Pro

My arguments for Harry Potter:

1. Harry Potter has more books=more money=better quality=better series
2. Harry Potter author wrote more books for her famousity in the Harry Potter Series
3. Harry Potter has less flat characters than Hunger games
tennis47

Con

My rebuttals for Pro's arguments:
1. Just because Harry Potter has more books, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's better.
2. The Hunger Games does NOT have flat characters.

My argument:
1. The Hunger Games series has only 3 books vs. Harry Potter's 7, and still it overtakes Harry Potter on the bestselling list.
2. The Hunger Games is just better. What's so special about Harry Potter? It's just a whole bunch of ALAKAZAM! and DUMBLEDORF! and other idiotic sayings like that.
3.The Hunger Games has more fans, and even though Harry Potter has been around longer.

Face it, dude, the Hunger Games is the new Harry Potter ;)
hghppjfan

Pro

My rebuttals for Pro's arguments:

Rebuttal : Look at my equation again. more books=more money=better quality=better series

Rebuttal: Here are three characters that are flat
A. Snow (bad)
B. Cato (Bad)
c. Glimmer (Bad)
My argument:

Rebuttal: Best sellers only work in America, in Both England and America, Harry Potter sells more

Here are two spells that make sense
A. Petrificus Totalus (a spell which you can't move your entire body)- Petrificus (Petrify) +Totalus (total)= Petrify total or Total Petrification or total stillness.
B. Expelliarmus (a spell in which to unarm a wizard) Expel (If the spelling is wrong, blame spell control) (not) + arm (body part or in this case protection) = not protection or unarmed
A. Have you seen one book reference to the Hunger Games.
B. How come, then, Harry Potter beats Hunger Games in box office.

How is Hunger games like Harry Potter. Now, girls are spoiling Hunger Games and making Twilight out of it.
tennis47

Con

Rebuttal's for Pro's argument:
1. "More books=more money=better quality=better series"
Actually, The Hunger Games trilogy (3 books) overtook Harry Potter's 7 as bestselling Amazon series in August 2012. And no, it is NOT better quality.

2."Here are 3 characters who are flat" in Harry Potter:
A. Crabe
B. Goyle
C. Voldemort

3.(for Pro's argument)"Harry Potter sells more"
Actually, the Hunger Games is first on Amazon's bestselling list.

4."The Hunger Games has more fans, even though Harry Potter has been around longer."
a. Actually, I've read The Tribute Guide, The World of The Hunger Games and The Movie Guide.
b. That's because there are 7 Harry Potter movies and 1 Hunger Games movie, and anyways, it's not my fault that the movie sucked, but either way, the books kicked a**.

5. The Hunger Games is the new Harry Potter.
What I'm saying is that Harry Potter was so last decade ago. The Hunger Games is NEW and EXCITING!

;)
hghppjfan

Pro

Rebuttal's for Pro's argument:

Rebuttal: Here is a definition of quality
character or nature, as belonging to or distinguishing a thing
All of the characters distinguish a qualified character to Harry Potter. Some examples are that Ron is the perfect best friend and Voldemort is a qualified villain. Harry Potter has quality.

A. Crabe
B. Goyle
C. Voldemort

Rebuttal: Goyle is nice during the seventh book when he helps Harry from the Room of Requirement when it was on fire.

Rebuttal: You can't make an argument up so you can try to be smarter.

Rebuttal: If the things in quotes are me, I never said that, and you are rebutting your own phrase.

Hunger Games, new? Hunger Games is mostly off a book called "The Lottery". That is where, I believe, she got the idea of the reaping, so not new.

Just to recall, I could have picked whichever side my opponent was against, let the best person win, but if I were you, and you were me, vote for Pro
tennis47

Con

You do realize that in each of your arguments you wrote "Rebuttals for PRO'S argument.", and that you ARE pro.

Rebuttals for Pro's argument:
1.I know what quality means. And I know what quantity means. And I also know that quality wins over quantity.
Quality= The Hunger Games series. Quantity= The Harry Potter Series.

2. I don't give a f*** if Goyle is nice during one of the books. What I mean is that he doesn't really CHANGE during the series.

3. I didn't make it up. I'm serious, but I don't know how to get the link. Search it on Google.

4. In the your 3. thing in round 3 you wrote it.

5. The Hunger Games debuted in 2008, in 2009 there was Catching Fire, and in 2010 it ended with Mockingjay.
Harry Potter debuted in 1997 and ended in 2007. Do the math.

The. Hunger. Games. Is. The. Awesomest. Series. EVER!
Posted by Seubs14 1 year ago
Seubs14
I cannot believe that Harry potter actually won this debate. The hunger games has a far superior plotline. You can actually read/watch the story and take interest without feeling like some worthless loser that watches a bunch of wizards wave their wands around. Plus,the books aren't 1000 pages each. The story gets pretty much right to the point instead of boring you to death page after page.
Posted by wolfman4711 1 year ago
wolfman4711
These are just worthless opinions next time add facts like how many people saw the movies and bought the books
Posted by wolfman4711 1 year ago
wolfman4711
Posted by shadowqueen 1 year ago
shadowqueen
Technically, The Hunger Games and Harry Potter are two different genres, with different ideas and events, so which one is 'better' is not really agood question to ask.
Posted by kristinvand 1 year ago
kristinvand
Harry Potter is a way better series than The Hunger Games. Although both are original and creative, as well as greatly written; Harry Potter has more emotional appeal as it ties in the fantasy world and reality into a perfect ensemble. It is the first book to involve magic in an evil and good way, shows the heart-break and reality of orphaned children as well as the great support from friends. Harry Potter will always be remembered as a great series that nothing can be compared to.
Posted by hghppjfan 1 year ago
hghppjfan
The opponent picks his/her side he wants to pick, I will debate the other
Posted by famer 1 year ago
famer
Is pro arguing that HP is better than HG through the books or movies? (or a combination of both?)
Vote Placed by ockcatdaddy 1 year ago
ockcatdaddy
hghppjfantennis47Tied
Reasons for voting decision: harry otter is where its at deal with it
Vote Placed by MochaShakaKhan 1 year ago
MochaShakaKhan
hghppjfantennis47Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This was opinion vs. opinion, not a debate. Sources would have helped a lot. I am giving conduct to pro for con's snippy attitude in the last round.
Vote Placed by likespeace 1 year ago
likespeace
hghppjfantennis47Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I've read and can appreciate both series. Unfortunately, neither side made compelling arguments, and it was often difficult to even figure out who was quoting who. I judge this one a tie!
Vote Placed by 1Historygenius 1 year ago
1Historygenius
hghppjfantennis47Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Poor debate. I see a Con win.
Vote Placed by DoctorDeku 1 year ago
DoctorDeku
hghppjfantennis47Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This wasn't an interesting debate. Neither side utilized effective warrants in their arguments or made very compelling claims. I read through the entire debate twice and couldn't find a whole lot of ground to vote either way. I end up giving conduct to the Pro because Con's responses (especially in the last round) were rather offensive.