Crazy456Rhino
NDECD1441

Harry Potter vs Percy Jackson

Crazy456Rhino has forfeited round #2.

Crazy456Rhino

Con

Rules: Pro is Harry Potter, Con is Percy Jackson. Although I personally believe Harry Potter would win, I decided to try and practice defending a side I wouldn't normally support. I love both of the books and have read the main series of both. No personal attacks, only things about characters. This will be divided into 4 rounds. The first round will be about who has the better friends (Ron & Hermione or Grover & Annabeth), the second about who has the better magical home (Hogwarts or Camp Half Blood), the third about who has the better villain (Voldemort or Kronos), and the final being about who has the better hero (Harry Potter or Percy Jackson.) Good luck to both me and my opponent, and may the best debater win.

Argument: I believe Grover & Annabeth are better friends to Percy for many reasons. Grover has been Percy's friend ever since he was sent to become Percy's friend. He's smarter than Ron, because Ron didn't even know a single spell, despite being raised in a magical home, while Grover seems to know how to fight monsters since page 1. At the same time, he is goofy as well. Both Grover and Ron are funny, so there's no arguing that. However, Grover has saved Percy countless times in the first year of camp, while all Ron did on the first year was stick a wand up a troll's nose. But Ron did "sacrifice" himself in the chess room, so points to him there. Still, Grover makes the better male friend for those reasons.
Evidence: http://riordan.wikia.com..., http://harrypotter.wikia.com...
Now, onto Annabeth. Annabeth and Hermione were both rude to the main character when they first met. However, Hermione didn't respect Harry at all, while Annabeth has some form of respect when she found out Percy's power. Hermione got emotional during the Halloween incident, while Annabeth is tough no matter what. Hermione now respects Harry a little too much, while Annabeth still teases Percy, despite them now being in a dating relationship. Both of them are smart, knowing a lot. However, Hermione only knows a lot about magic, while Annabeth knows a lot about a lot. Personally, this makes me think Annabeth is the better female friend.
NDECD1441

Pro

Thank you for creating this debate, it has been forever since I saw a debate about two of my favourite series. Therefore good luck and let's get to it.

Rebuttals: "Ron didn't even know a single spell"
If you were refering to The Philosopher's Stone, then notice that Hogwarts is a wizarding SCHOOL as a place for you to learn spells. Had Ron actually practiced magic at home, there would be a risk of having at least something blow up. Now let's also look at another factor, age. Grover was taught he was a saytr ever since he was born. The same went to Ron who knew he was a wizard. However Grover was 16 (in human years) and Ron was eleven so critisizing Ron for his spells is out of the question.

"Hermione only knows a lot about magic, while Annabeth knows a lot about a lot."
Hermione's world consisted mainly of magic and Hogwarts so that didn't give her much opportunity to show her knowledge of the muggle world. Even when the left Hogwarts in the Deathly Hallows, you may see that all they went to was a thick forest, Diagon Alley and back to Hogwarts once again so there was absolutely no muggle cities (Actually there was one however all you will see during that take are a couple of old buildings and no attractions. Also it was night.) and therefore your point on Hermione not knowing much is now invalid.

Points:
Like Grover and Annabeth, Ron and Hermione are the protangonist's besties. The one thing that makes them better though, is how they have always been together. In the Percy Jackson series, it is mainly Annabeth and Percy now without Grover mostly. As soon as the series took a romantic theme, Grover was out of the picture. Not once had he went on the adventure in the Blood of Olympus series. The only time we saw him was in Jason's dream as he was plummeting down the ship. After that, we hardly ever saw Grover again. He wasn't even there when Percy and Annabeth were getting Hermes's staff back from the giant Cacus. Meanwhile Ron and Hermione had taken the path Percy and Annabeth had but Harry is still with them. Even when asked to fight death itself, Ron and Hermione still remained loyal to Harry which shows absolutely how these three are a prime example of 'loyal'.
Posted by NDECD1441 7 months ago
NDECD1441
The things you wonder about aren't my problem. They're yours. Do you want a debate or not?
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 7 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@NDECD1441 Are you drunk or are you just confused?
Because I find it funny that you don't call comments, comments.
Posted by NDECD1441 7 months ago
NDECD1441
No it's not. You are describing a informal debate.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@NDECD1441 No it doesn't, its just an initiative response.
Posted by NDECD1441 7 months ago
NDECD1441
@Bryan
Commenting is to show your overall analysis in a debate. This has A LOT to do with debating as you wouldn't know what an actual debate is unless you have been in one. If you haven't you, 9 times out of 10, will provide a useless analysis. If you like, I could debate with you about it. I'm feeling a bit lazy but if you want I can put some of it aside.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@NDECD1441 Is that really necessary to say?
I mean, let's be honest. Your comment made no sense at all, commenting has nothing to do with engaging in a debate, its just to respond 9 times out of 10.
Posted by NDECD1441 7 months ago
NDECD1441
Bryan, this debate was so long ago. At least engage in a debate before you comment.
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
I'll be for neither person titled in this debate.
Posted by NDECD1441 10 months ago
NDECD1441
Those two are actually my favourite series. I am a hard hp and Percy jackson fan. Not die hard. Hard
Posted by HellishPanda 10 months ago
HellishPanda
Omg this is a good debate, anyone want to challenge me? Ill be for Harry Potter