Jonnyad
harrytruman

Has God moved onto a new canvas ?

Jonnyad has forfeited round #2.

Jonnyad

Pro

I have never practised a religion, have sometimes professed to be atheist. Recently, and I have sought to learn the merits of following various religious beliefs in an effort to understand the very complex human interactions we are currently experiencing globally.

I cannot help to recognise that civilisations which according to most religious texts, such as ours, which have so blatantly disgraced themselves in the face of God or Gods have been smote to the Nth degree. Yet no Divine intervention has punished us nor has a representative of God arrived to teach us a new way.

From religious perspective is it not reasonable to assume that we are one of Gods failed projects which have been relegated to must revisit category of civilisations? Have we been forgotten or downgraded in some way? Has the creator perfected his craft and we were a prototype?

Comments welcomed, no haters please.
harrytruman

Con

Well G-d is judging us- just take a look at our current situatiojn in the US of A, unemployment at 15%, inflation at 9%, a 19 trillion dollar debt, we have lost 84% of our industry since 1960, we're screwed man.
Posted by Jonnyad 2 months ago
Jonnyad
Thanks for your feedback. I don't tend to work on only evidence based comments. This is usually considered theory. In the study of religion and its followers I am fascinated that religious groups continue to keep faith and in some instances use that faith as a shield, a weapon, an excuse and a justification to exist. That is why I opened the debate, is faith enough or are we reaching a point where followers of religion are going to demand evidence of a divine presence to justify their dedication to the discipline of choice? Will their God answer their prayers?
Posted by Zaephou 2 months ago
Zaephou
Well, this is just putting out an idea, but I doubt you can get any evidence for this thought so...