Madfacedemoji
theisticscuffles

Has Obamacare been successful as a whole?

theisticscuffles

Madfacedemoji

Pro

Has Obamacare done more to help or hurt Americans?
theisticscuffles

Con

I accept the debate.

I will argue that Obamacare has not been successful as a health care system.

Thanks for the debate and the opportunity to exchange ideas.
Madfacedemoji

Pro

Madfacedemoji forfeited this round.
theisticscuffles

Con

The affordable care act has had many areas where it has not lived up to expectations and promises.

Many people believed that they would be able to keep their own physician when they switched onto the Obama care plan. They have been sorely disappointed.

It was believed that Obamacare would lower health care premiums but that has not materialized. As one source indicates, "Insurance Costs Continue Meteoric Rise." [1]

But even more serious is Obamacare's refusal to give people true choice. Normally, people could choose whether they even wanted a particular health care service or function. The government would not mandate that a particular service or function was necessary. But now the government is stepping in and fining people if they do not have a particular level of health care service. Never in the history of America has such a drastic and draconian law been implemented.

My guess is that the next president will have to repeal Obamacare in order to save face for the damages already incurred by this government-mandated policy.

[1] http://usconservatives.about.com...
Madfacedemoji

Pro

Madfacedemoji forfeited this round.
theisticscuffles

Con

I will just wait at this point to see if my opponent would like to present some positive evidences of Obama care or the ACA really working and helping this nation.
Madfacedemoji

Pro

Madfacedemoji forfeited this round.
theisticscuffles

Con

This is an interesting commentary on the Obamacare issue of whether the government can actually collect
a tax for those who choose to go uninsured or underinsured:

"Keep in mind these estimates are subject to much uncertainty. For instance, some employees will lose their employer-sponsored health insurance as a result of the ACA while others will get new coverage. Sorting that out is challenging, but Urban"s projection is consistent with others.

Then, there is the amount of the tax. In 2014 the initial levy will be just $95. By 2016, it is scheduled to increase to $695 or 2.5 percent of taxable income"up to a maximum of $2,085 (indexed for inflation in subsequent years). It will increase, that is, if Congress does not slow the phase-in. And I"ve got a funny feeling about that." [1]

Whenever you have a chance, I'd like to hear your response to this issue of Obamacare. Thanks!

[1] http://www.forbes.com...
Madfacedemoji

Pro

Madfacedemoji forfeited this round.
theisticscuffles

Con

Thanks for the opportunity to debate this topic. I wish that my opponent could have engaged here a bit
more.

Obamacare has decreased the level of choice that the consumer has and has not produced on its promise
to lower health care premiums substantially and, on top of it all, it is unclear why it is economically punishing
those who do not wish to be insured.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
MadfacedemojitheisticscufflesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture