The-Lone-Hunt
2Sukh2

Has Religion made humanity better?

2Sukh2

The-Lone-Hunt

Con

Based on my opinion, religion has not made humanity a better race, in fact, I would argue the contrary. Since the dawn of time, countless wars have been fought in the name of faith, God, or gods. Innocents have been tortured and
murdered by more powerful opponents-in the name of "divine justice." Education grew benighted as men of science were suppressed, for their factual evidence defied the hypothesis of God and challenged the all mighty Catholic Church, who fined the people to "cure them of their sins."

I do not feel obliged to believe humans need religion to draw morals. That would indeed be very sad if you did what was right because a deity forced you to. I believe we, as civilized and processing thinkers, can tell apart right from wrong without the need of God or religion, for that matter.
2Sukh2

Pro

Ok, so before we start I would like to say that I'm a Theist(Sikh) and that religion can be used as good or bad. Largest Free Kitchen: http://m.aljazeera.com... also the 6th Guru of Sikhism built a Mosque so Muslims could peacefully pray their way: http://www.discoveredindia.com... (this is a secular website). And Guru Tegh Bahadur had given his life to save the whole of Hinduism(I can tell you the whole explanation on why all Hindus latter). http://www.sikhiwiki.org... is this considered bad to you? That the head of one religion would give his life to die for people who believe totally differently from him? Guru Nanak said"There is no Hindu nor Muslim, there are only people", that's a powerful message especially back then. http://www.sikhiwiki.org...
Equality of women: "From woman, man is born; within woman, man is conceived; to woman he is engaged and married. Woman becomes his friend; through woman, the future generations come. When his woman dies, he seeks another woman; to woman he is bound. So why call her bad? From her, kings are born. From woman, woman is born; without woman, there would be no one at all."
Guru Nanak, Raag Aasaa Mehal 1, Page 473
Equality of people of different faiths: "
SGGS Page 1083 Full Shabad
Practice within your heart the teachings of the Koran and the Bible;
restrain the ten sensory organs from straying into evil.
Tie up the five demons of desire with faith, charity and contentment and you shall be acceptable. ((4))"
http://www.sikhiwiki.org...

I will wait to see your response to all of this: you said religion in general was bad for humanity, which is why I personally wanted to challenge this.
The-Lone-Hunt

Con

The-Lone-Hunt forfeited this round.
2Sukh2

Pro

Out of respect for my opponent, I will not make any new points.
The-Lone-Hunt

Con

The-Lone-Hunt forfeited this round.
2Sukh2

Pro

My opponent was offline for the last few days, I don't want to hold him accountable for this round.
The-Lone-Hunt

Con

The-Lone-Hunt forfeited this round.
2Sukh2

Pro

This is the 4th round now, just vote pro.
The-Lone-Hunt

Con

The-Lone-Hunt forfeited this round.
2Sukh2

Pro

Vote Pro! My opponent surrendered all these rounds.
Posted by 2Sukh2 3 years ago
2Sukh2
My opponent has forfeited round 2, I saw on his profile he was online. All in all, I feel like he has surrendered this argument, with very little knowledge on Sikh principles.
Posted by 2Sukh2 3 years ago
2Sukh2
I've been waiting so long for a response to my argument, if it takes 3 days each time, this will eventually be a really long and maybe boring debate. And I wouldn't like to win by forfeit, please, put any argument.
Posted by 2Sukh2 3 years ago
2Sukh2
Ok, thank you; I hope you have an answer to the information I posted,
Posted by The-Lone-Hunt 3 years ago
The-Lone-Hunt
I have been working tirelessly on my argument and by tomorrow I will answer. See you then, friend.
Posted by 2Sukh2 3 years ago
2Sukh2
I'm waiting for my opponent's response; he's most likely not found any evidence against religion what so ever.
Posted by 2Sukh2 3 years ago
2Sukh2
I just want to say that I would like a response within a day.
Vote Placed by FaustianJustice 3 years ago
FaustianJustice
The-Lone-Hunt2Sukh2Tied
Vote Placed by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
The-Lone-Hunt2Sukh2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture