jonnyboy39
Cha240

Has christianity deviated from truth

Cha240 has forfeited round #2.

jonnyboy39

Pro

I think christianity has gone astray.We water down the gospel,the church seeks to entertain people,for the most part its about sitting in a pew listening to a pastor giving a sermon,then chucking "20 in the offering hat.
The church is more worried about outward appearance than inner/heart change.
The average church member even thinks it ok to go home after a church service and watch porn.
we call the few preachers who faithfully deliver a sermon,we call them fanatics or even heretics.whats wrong
Cha240

Con

I put forward a proposition that the old fundamental sect of Christianity has not only failed but is poisoning the entire religion and movement itself. Firstly, no person in the modern age truly follows the gospel word for word. The bible advocates stoning women for adultery and portrays God as a hypocrite (as he commits genocide after telling people not to kill). Therefore a modern interpretation on the bible is required to remove outdated and morally dubious parts, and inject vitality to it.
jonnyboy39

Pro

I think you misunderstand my question.I dont think christianity has been poisoned on the contrary,i think christianity has lost its roots and effect.There is no need to bring the old testament God into it.
My point is the church is all about outward appearance,not inner change.
I think we mislead people,with a diluted gospel message.Paul's hard hitting message is overshadowed with "his soft sayings".
The gospel should offend,believers especially.
where are the men of God.
Posted by jonnyboy39 9 months ago
jonnyboy39
Are you agreeing with my opening statement?
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
Truth;
noun, plural truths
[trooth z, trooths]
1. the true or actual state of a matter:
He tried to find out the truth.
2. conformity with fact or reality; verity:
the truth of a statement.
3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like:
mathematical truths.
4. the state or character of being true.
5. actuality or actual existence.
6. an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude.
7. honesty; integrity; truthfulness.
none of these sound like Christian truth, maybe you have your own definition.........
Posted by Sonofcharl 9 months ago
Sonofcharl
Firstly, you must prove the truth of Christianity.
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
Your Christian nation has never been a very Christian nation. Founded in 1776 it has been at war for 222 of it 239 year history, despite the wealth of the nation it can't or won't feed the hungry or house the homeless. There were 372 mass shootings in the U.S. in 2015, 13,286 shooting death and an average of 45 murders a day. I don't feel the love.............................
https://www.theguardian.com...
http://www.patheos.com...
Posted by PowerPikachu21 9 months ago
PowerPikachu21
Christianity was never really true to begin with, as logical impossibilities have been shown in God and the Bible countless times. Now, have Christians been deviating from the teachings? I believe so.