the_streetsurfer
TheMoose

Has evolution been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt?

the_streetsurfer

the_streetsurfer

Con

I will let my opponent argue first.

Beyond a shadow of doubt means that it is indisputable that evolution has been proven. BoP is shared. Please give a source for each piece of evidence.

Thanks and I look forward to this debate!
TheMoose

Pro

Thank you for letting me be the con on this bias debate. And sorry for my grammatical errors.
I would like to start of by saying that there is no way for me to win this debate based on the topic provided. You see evolution is a theory, the definition of a scientific theory is
"A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step"known as a theory"in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon."
http://www.livescience.com...
The school doesn"t teach that its a 100%. They teach it because its what most likely happened rather than any other thing. Gravity is a theory, but the school still teaches it. Why, you may ask. Because is makes more sense then tiny little fairies holding us down making sure we don"t fly into space. Evolution is a better explanation that anything else at the moment.
Now for my question for you. What do you think that schools should teach?
the_streetsurfer

Con

the_streetsurfer forfeited this round.
TheMoose

Pro

Hello? Haha...
the_streetsurfer

Con

Hello!

Please forgive my accidental forfeit. I went on a camping trip.

I wasn't expecting anyone to accept this challenge. Like you said, it is impossible to affirm the given resolution.

So now that that's over with, i guess we are talking about what schools should teach... On my profile I have another debate very similar to that question. My opinion is that schools should not teach about any life origins, whether creation or evolution. Evolution hasn't been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt and therefore shouldn't be taught at school.

Also, schools do teach it like its a 100%. I speak from my own public school experience. I remember that one time I questioned my teacher about evolution and he threatened to send me to detention. Kids are taught that the things they learn in school are true... they think the same of evolution.

Thanks!
TheMoose

Pro

TheMoose forfeited this round.
the_streetsurfer

Con

Okay... My last round still stand as my opponent forfeited. Also, new arguments shouldn't come up in the very last speech. My opponent admitted that this debate is impossible to win.

Thanks!
TheMoose

Pro

TheMoose forfeited this round.
Posted by the_streetsurfer 2 years ago
the_streetsurfer
Hello!

i apologize for the forfeit. I went on a camping trip and was without internet connection. I was planning on finishing my arguments the day before but there was a bug on the website... Something about vb<x>script... I apologize and I am truly sorry for this issue.
Posted by TheMoose 2 years ago
TheMoose
Whats the rule for forfeiting a round?
Posted by Romanii 2 years ago
Romanii
There is no such thing as definitive proof in science. I definitely believe in Evolution, but to say that there is no doubt is inherently unscientific.
Posted by the_streetsurfer 2 years ago
the_streetsurfer
I created this debate to show people that evolution isn't 100% proven like schools tell kids. As you can see from the comments, others also share my opinion. Thank you and this debate has been a success.
Posted by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
I want to snipe this
Posted by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
I want to snipe this
Posted by Zaradi 2 years ago
Zaradi
Someone's gotta be dumb enough to accept this stupidly biased resolution.
Posted by Romanii 2 years ago
Romanii
Why would anyone accept this debate?
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
the_streetsurferTheMooseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro admits that he can't win this debate, then argues why he can't. Con thought that no-one could accept this debate. What the hell is going on? Con forfeited a round first, but Pro forfeited three rounds, so I think conduct is relatively even.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
Krazzy_Player
the_streetsurferTheMooseTied
Reasons for voting decision: More rounds forfeited by Pro.