sapere_aude
WhineyMagiciann5

Has making life easier caused living to feel less alive or worth living

sapere_aude

Pro

We often finding meaning in life through the challenges we face and the struggles we go through. Their painful but they make us feel more real and more alive. They help us have purpose and connect more with others. They help us love more and humble us in the face of an uncontrollable world. In war soldiers often create very strong bond with their comrades in arms. They are able to do that because they live in such close quarters and place their lives in each other's hands. They face great adversity together and it makes them stronger and better. With life getting more and more easier and our struggles less and less at least in the matter of survival it has taken away what we are meant to do most survive. The modern world has given us a lot but has it taken away some of that purpose and drive we feel deep inside. I think it has. I would like to debate this with an oppant that our lives would be more enriched if we had to work more to survive and had to build ourselves the things we want most. Thank you for your time.
WhineyMagiciann5

Con

I thank my opponent for making such a interesting topic that I would enjoy debating.
since format and definitions weren't specified, im going to lay them out. if your disagree with any then send me a message.
R1 acceptance
R2 Main arguments
R3 counter arguments'
R4 rebuttals and closing statements
definitions
adversity: adverse or unfavorable fortune or fate; a condition marked by misfortune, calamity, or distress
http://www.dictionary.com...
enrich: to add greater value or significance to
http://www.dictionary.com...

any specific definition you may want, add them in round 2
sapere_aude

Pro

Most people in life try to avoid pain and suffering as much as possible. However, those who have little trouble in their life or at least real trouble are the lesser for it. We as humans have a desire to test ourselves and to see what we can do. Adversity can help us to see who we are and what we can do. It is through our struggles that we can find happiness. We know more of who we are and can begin to handle anything that comes out way. When our life is easy it can also become hard to control our strong emotions. Little things can become big things for us. When we face struggles those little become just little things. Our emotional strength improves. Over coming adversity can also help us find purpose and meaning. Having something or someone to fight for can give us a very compelling reason to keep fighting. Even though struggles are frightening it is the fights we face in life that make us want to fight for life itself. It's the desire to build that life we want to see that keeps us going. If life is to peaceful and made to much of how we would like it to be we tend to lose purpose, become bored, and it can be difficult to find happiness. Now to much pain and struggle can begin to do us real. Harm that scares us and traumatizes that can be difficult to recover from. This is to be avoided. There is such a thing as to much adversity. However in the prober amount adversity can make us stronger and better versions of ourselves.
WhineyMagiciann5

Con

If I understand my opponent correctly, she is stating that the struggles of life make it more worth it when you overcome such adversities. Now there is nothing wrong with this thought process and I think it holds true in many scenarios, yet I don't think this can be applied to everything.

overcoming these challenges to life is obviously a major part of our journey, yet it is not the entire things that brings to our destination. The pleasures and simple parts of life make us who we are as well. I've been through many hardships in my life yet I have also had many times off just having things easy and care free. I have thoroughly enjoyed time with my friends and family as I with loved ones, as I am sure you have too. these moments do not require hardship or adversity, yet the make life feel worth it.
sapere_aude

Pro

Happy moments with loved ones and care free time is great and should be desired. However it is adversity that allows those good times to be even greater when they occur. We can not fully appreciate what we have until we know what it is like to not have it. It also helps to learn how to fight for the things we love so that we do not lose them or let them slip through our fingers.
WhineyMagiciann5

Con

My opponent here, she has good points. yet a simple response can help with my point. adversity can make anything feel worth it, yet it should not rule our entire lives. it is all well and good as I have said in may main argument about this topic. yet these challenges shouldn't be the only way to make life feel worth it. simply enjoying what you are doing can make one feel alive and simply make everything worth it. enjoying what comes to you can be simplest of ways to make sure that life is worth it in every way possible.
sapere_aude

Pro

sapere_aude forfeited this round.
WhineyMagiciann5

Con

Forfeit conduct to con
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 11 months ago
WhineyMagiciann5
im guessing you say the one by jayshay. he makes a good argument but I sided with con. I also believe con was Rosalie. been a while since I have seen it though.
Posted by sapere_aude 11 months ago
sapere_aude
I was skimming through the debate lists looking for a debate and I saw one on corporal punishment in children. I am against it but it got me thing about how difficult situations can make you stronger and be able to handle more difficult aspects of life. It can also help us handle strong emotions we can have that can make us unhappy. We are by nature have animal instincts in that we are meant to survive in a natural environment. However, with civilization especially modern civilization we don't have that at all. we give our self a whole different purpose in life than simply to survive and the though on whether that change was completely good or if it had some draw backs would make an interesting debate.
WhineyMagiciann5
definitely an interesting ad different topic that what I normally see. I wonder what made you think of it?