mikmik
RockvilleSoftworks

Has technology made us impatient?

Started: 3/27/2013 Category: Technology

mikmik

Pro

As we all know technology can make our lives easier. It's just the machine that does all the works and our work is just to switch on the button. We became impatient when the system is buffering, not working well and we can't get what we want. But on the other hand, we should not be that dependent, we need to use a little self discipline to get up and do what we should.
RockvilleSoftworks

Con

When it comes down to refuting arguments, my policy is "an eye for an eye". If the debater spends little effort in one round, then I will spend just as much effort refuting that round. I will tear it apart quote by quote.

QUOTE: "As we all know technology can make our lives easier."

I don't know this and I am somebody, therefore we don't all know it.

QUOTE: "It's just the machine that does all the works and our work is just to switch on the button."

One day there were no machines, then out of nowhere, a machine suddenly appeared out of nowhere, right?

QUOTE: "We became impatient when the system is buffering, not working well and we can't get what we want."

I'm a patient guy. Besides, I am good at using computers, so I very rarely don't get what I want.

QUOTE: "But on the other hand, we should not be that dependent, we need to use a little self discipline to get up and do what we should."

I'm studying to be a computer programmer, so I guess sitting in front of the computer is doing what I should and what I actually shouldn't be doing is going to the gym and working out because that is leisure time. (This is the complete opposite of the quote above).

I think I just spent a disproportionate amount of effort with this counter-argument, and it might have not been well worth my time, but at least I refuted something in every single sentence of your claim, which should be the most powerful part of your argument.
mikmik

Pro

mikmik forfeited this round.
RockvilleSoftworks

Con

Keep forfeiting...

Nice work..
mikmik

Pro

mikmik forfeited this round.
RockvilleSoftworks

Con

RockvilleSoftworks forfeited this round.
mikmik

Pro

mikmik forfeited this round.
RockvilleSoftworks

Con

mikmik

Pro

mikmik forfeited this round.
RockvilleSoftworks

Con