cj6930
Zhege

Has the latest Call of Duty been a failure?

Started: 11/25/2013 Category: Games

cj6930

Pro

Some features have been excellent, such as Riley and the Guard Dog, also the new perk system. But others such as the ending to the campaign are really bad. And the graphics reall should be better after so much talk about the new engine.
Zhege

Con

I'd use this round to accept the challenge. Pro has mentioned more reasons as to why the game has been excellent rather than really bad. I'll wait for the second round for elaborations on why "other" aspects of the game, such as the campaign ending, are really bad. Thanks for the opportunity for this debate.
cj6930

Pro

Thank you for replying. My arguments are as follows:

1) The hit detection is horrible. You aim at their face but due to lag you don't hit them, you just shoot at thin air. Meanwhile they are already a metre to the side and they can just shoot you.

2) The maps are so much larger compared to other call of duty's and it's just not right. Battlefield is meant to have the big maps. Call of Duty is meant to have house to house, shooting round corners style gameplay, not having people snipe (is that an actual word?) you kilometres away that you cant return fire at.

3) The extinction mode has very little variety. It could be good if new maps were added and an actual storyline added, 'There's aliens here" just doesn't quite cut it as a reason to go on y a suicide mission.

4) Frame rate is highly unpredictable, not much change from BO2.

5)As I said the campaign ending is horrid, or at least the one I got (can you change the ending like in BO2 or is it set?).

6) I personally play hardcore and I hate Activision's version. Treyarch's is good, you still get told if you kill someone, whereas in Activision's you sort of have to guess, especially with the bigger maps.

Again, thank you for accepting. Also do you play on PS3 or 4, or XBOX 360 or 1? Or do you play on PC? Because I play on a PS3 that may make a difference to gameplay.
Zhege

Con

Zhege forfeited this round.
cj6930

Pro

As my opponent has nothing to say i am forfeiting this round.
Zhege

Con

Zhege forfeited this round.
Posted by chococat808 3 years ago
chococat808
the graphics are a lot better. my friends see a huge improvement. it might depend on the size of your tv, the bigger your tv in which 1080 matters, the bigger the improvement can be seen. quick scoping has gotten faster, but maps now have long range and close quarter mix ups, so i find it's never a problem to tactically get a quick scoper even with no quick draw on. every map has its fair share of stuff to hide behind, corners to run and gun around, and straight aways to shoot down.

the only thing i miss is emp grenades wide radius to hit through walls and use recon against campers. but there are no real camping spots in the game that you can't approach from a different angle, whether hitting from far away out of their sites or dashing through cover to the house they are held up in.

main thing for me, it's a good change back from baby ops 2. im a firm believer in free play however people want to play. baby ops 2 just caters to people who cry about campers and can't stand not having little red dots to chase like pac man. if the whole opposing team camps and spams uav, it's hard to kill them. imagine trying to kill a camper while having to approach them at full walking speed. remember in baby ops 2, unless you are using a smg while uav is up, then you need the stock to walk and ADS or else you appear as a red dot for the camper to know where to look.

i think people's first impression of the game of it being too campy or too big is because there's a lot more to memorize for the map. the maps are a lot more in depth with vertical variation, you can't just wonder around a flat map and remember a few houses. lol. also, spraying and praying like a headless chicken running around doesn't work in this game for that very reason. with the run and gunner headless chickens crying about campers, they depend on their internet connection and run around a flat 2D grid map so it's easy to spot campers and "campers" while looking forward.