kavishashroff
EmperorDao

Have social equality rather than new technology every year

EmperorDao

kavishashroff

Pro

I am for this motion " Have social equality rather than new technology every year' People are sick and tire of pain and strife. Making human rights a high priority should have been something we as a people thrived for along time ago. Almost all states proclaim that they respect human rights even when their actions are otherwise and many states actively promote human rights abroad. Yet there is a certain amount of inconsistency in this promotion. When push comes to shove support for human rights is mostly rhetorical.
what i believe is ,when there is equality among all,no discrimination on the basis of creed,color gender,caste or religion, the minds are set free, no restrictions in aquiring knowledge, all the thoughts come forward as one and paves the path towards prosperity. As for technology, it will always be there.Moving forward for the betterment of humanity is much superior then working for greed corporations.when equality is there progress in technology is very likely to happen.
EmperorDao

Con

While I may agree that equality will lead to progress, I am here to debate as to why new tech every year would be much more preferred.

I will open by explaining human nature. Humanity has risen from all parts of the world and led itself from the ground up to reach each individual point. Religions rose to help people comprehend why they and everything else exists, colors formed as a result of environments, and genders as a means of producing offspring. We can't unify them though, we can pass laws and make it a demand that we tolerate one another, but human nature will always be to put one's self on top. Unfortunately, that means by any means necessary.

Technology has been the greatest unifying factor since the 18th century when the industrial revolution began. Yet, as more diversity was found, so did prestige rise. People will forget their silly individual differences if we give them the tools to do so, to reach species wide equality, we would need to reach a pinnacle in tech first.
kavishashroff

Pro

kavishashroff forfeited this round.
EmperorDao

Con

My opponent has forfeited a round of his debate, I am taking this as an automatic yield to my points.

My arguments still stands, equality cannot be achieved until we give the species a reason to be one. Technology will further humanity, and in due time, humanity will truly benefit from it and move on from the social inequalities that exist today.
kavishashroff

Pro

kavishashroff forfeited this round.
EmperorDao

Con

I believe I have the won this debate by default
Posted by JaanVahl 1 year ago
JaanVahl
Social equality is a beautiful dream indeed. There is a problem with it, however. When everyone is equal socially, what sets people apart from one another? Is it nothing? I dont think so. Total equality is impossible to achieve unless we were a singularity, or a single super-program with 7 billion nodes. We are still biologically very different, and everyone has a unique set of genes, enough to provide a person with advantages or disadvantages regarding their life. If social equality is in place, then the people rising to the top would be those with superior genes. Should they then be hampered by laws, regulations and society in general the more they get ahead in the race simply because they are born superior? Wouldnt that beat the whole purpose of the betterment of humanity when you are bashing and hampering the progress of your best and brightest?
Posted by EmperorDao 1 year ago
EmperorDao
I had more to say, 1000 character limit is real limit on me. I make do though, I await your counter argument
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
kavishashroffEmperorDaoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.