Tektu40
jlara1

Having Phones at school

Started: 2/12/2014 Category: Technology

Tektu40

Pro

I rely on phones at my school. After school I have wrestling practice and if my mom isnt there to pick me up i just send her a quick text. I hate using the phones in the office because I am shy and I find it quite awkward so that is not an option for me. Some people use their phones without permission, but I think people can have a little restraint not bringing their phones out.
jlara1

Con

Having phones at school lead to distractions. With after school activities you should use the office phone. Using a personnel phone could have legal issues with it being stolen or broken. If you are shy and find using the office phone is awkward then you need to ask a teacher to use his/her cell or room phone. It isn't embarrassing if you need it. You said that people use them without permission is just an example of how it is a distraction. If one person gets on their phone then people watch them or get on their phones and eventually no one is paying any mind to the teacher.
Tektu40

Pro

Sometimes when my teachers allow it we can listen to music while we work and it helps us study.
jlara1

Con

jlara1 forfeited this round.
Tektu40

Pro

Tektu40 forfeited this round.
jlara1

Con

jlara1 forfeited this round.
Posted by nwood9907 3 years ago
nwood9907
Phones are beneficial for school. One of my teachers allows us to use our phones in class if needed. We use it to the dictionary, for better understanding of what we are talking about that day, or putting future assignments into our calendars. It amazingly decreases the amount of excess texting and non school related phone usage that I see in other classes. Students use their phone in class anyway and most only use their phones because they aren't allowed to.