BoggleBros37
SJM

Having an abortion should be illegal

SJM

BoggleBros37

Pro

Round 1) Acceptance
Round 2) Opening Arguments
Round 3) Rebuttals
Round 4) Final Statements

Having an abortion should be illegal because it still counts as murder
SJM

Con

I'm strongly for making abortion illegal, but I will play devil's advocate.
BoggleBros37

Pro

Having an abortion is equivalent to murdering a new born baby, so why do we allow it?
A child can't simply ask to be born, because this is only an option an adult can have. It also makes doctors look so hypocritical, i mean their supposed to save lives, not help one end another. Parent's or females who agree to parents are not fit to ever be parents in their life. I know that sounds extreme but you shouldn't be allowed to raise a family if you've killed your own future children by having an abortion. I also know that are kids out there who might of had accidents while having sex but that doesn't simply mean you have to kill it. Putting the baby up for adoption is the best idea if this was to happen, and having an abortion is the worst.
SJM

Con

First off I want voters to notice that my opponent is trying to argue that all abortion should be illegal, because if not then he would have clarified so. Therefore if I provide him with one case where abortion should be legal, I win this debate.

My opponent starts off by saying abortion is murder, but does not give anything to explain why a fetus during the first trimester is considered a human being. This is has to be settled by my opponent before pro goes on about how murder is bad. Thus everything he said is meaningless because I attack the idea that a fetus in the first trimester is a human.

Now if my opponent is saying that a fetus is considered a human, therefore meaning he claims he knows what makes someone a human. I ask my opponent to provide me with the certain requisites that makes someone a human.

I also challenge the idea that the purpose of doctors is to save lives, I think it"s more of to aid. Doctors aid mothers by letting them have an abortion, if the mother were to die due to childbirth. If they were to let the mother die due to childbirth, it it would be neglect.

Also by making abortions illegal, there will be more people seeking out illegal abortions still, and that will lead to high risks due to the abortioner not being a professional.
BoggleBros37

Pro

BoggleBros37 forfeited this round.
BoggleBros37

Pro

BoggleBros37 forfeited this round.
SJM

Con

Forfeit. Extend arguments and vote con.
Posted by TechnologicalSingularity 1 year ago
TechnologicalSingularity
Well it is dependent on how old the fetus develops, after 14 weeks I say it's iffy, unless of course the woman is raped. Planned parenthood funding should still be continued, they offer education and contraceptive medication to make sure this is not as common. The world is overpopulating anyways and I don't see how this will not negatively effect families and feed our gluttonous prison systems. Maybe if we didn't spend so much money in abstinence instead of actual health education, it wouldn't be much of a problem. In fact let's water board them, because WE ARE SAVAGES. *Sarcasm*
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
Abortion is but a symptom of a greater problem. Poor uneducated women with no support system before jurying or after the pregnancy, are left with few options, and you want to put them in jail............
Do you want to eliminate abortion or put people in jail................? What happens to the six kids she already has? What about the man that caused the pregnancy?
Vote Placed by Edlvsjd 1 year ago
Edlvsjd
BoggleBros37SJMTied
Reasons for voting decision: forfeited
Vote Placed by Mysery 1 year ago
Mysery
BoggleBros37SJMTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited, which gives Con conduct. In forfeiting, Pro also failed to refute Con's valid points, so Con wins argument as well.