notevenproyet
HomelySherlock

Health is more important than Education.

notevenproyet

Pro

My title says it all. I believe health is more opponent than education.
HomelySherlock

Con

I accept this debate, and wish my opponent luck. However, since my opponent has not yet supported his claim, I can not refute any of his ideas. I can, however, offer arguments to the contrary. In this debate, as it is not specified, I will be assuming that by "Health" you meant educating one in healthy choices rather than what is more commonly taught in schools (otherwise this debate is pointless, as they are completely unrelated).

I would argue that education holds much more importance in today's society because of the extreme emphasis of knowledge and intelligence in the ability to support oneself. Without education, or even with a mediocre one, one would be unable to support their family and themselves as they would not be able to get a well-paying job. Most, even the ones seem as extremely low-level, require at least a high school education. Without the ability to financially support oneself, one would be unable to care for his physical needs entirely, rendering their education of healthy choices as irrelevant as they would no have the means to provide such choices to themselves. In addition, one has a responsibility to both their parents, children, and society itself. The job of an adult, in most cases, must support his children, himself, and sometimes elderly parents. Taking away from this many people on the basis of providing a health education, something which is easily available to those who wish to learn, is rather irresponsible. In addition, workers of each level are needed in society - take away the emphasis on education and you may lower the amount of doctors, engineers, and those who generally have a higher degree of education.
notevenproyet

Pro

Right, sorry. I didnt state clearly my argument and it wasnt really about what you just said. What i meant is: in worldly problems we face today which one should we put more emphasis on: education or health? And by health i mean living a healthy lifestyle, being free from illness, being able to be healthy enough to do things freely. (P.s this is my first time and i didnt know the format needed so i dont know if i should start the argument first or whatnot). thank you for partcipaing
HomelySherlock

Con

Well, that completely changes my perspective. I forfeit this debate to pro. Sorry about accepting prematurely.
notevenproyet

Pro

notevenproyet forfeited this round.
Posted by Benjiboy960 1 year ago
Benjiboy960
No sources have been cited. I will say that I would rather be healthy and alive than very learned and pale sickly all the time.