YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
gizmo4me2

Healthcare is a right.

YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Pro

No need to introduce yourself, just jump right in. I will state why I believe that healthcare is a right. My reasons: People have the right to their bodies. People have the right to live, and without healthcare, life is not possible. If someone does not want to be sick or injured, they should not have to. It is wrong to force people to suffer.
gizmo4me2

Con

Healthcare is not a right in many Country's and why would you need that if you got insurance to cover your self and your family.
It is more like you expect the Government to look after you. Eat right and you do not need Healthcare in the first place.
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Pro

Yes healthcare is a right. I have the right to my body. Without healthcare, I will die. I have the right to live. If I do not want to be sick or injured, I do not have to. Doctors always inform patients on their right to healthcare.
gizmo4me2

Con

If you can get the Government to look after you and your family you are in luck. How about you look into your clam regarding
Health care before you start talking about what you can do whit your body, that is the only right you got right in this World to live or die.
If you like your life as it is just go ahead, if not change it
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Pro

We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal, an endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. People cannot live without healthcare, and people have the right to live therefore healthcare is a right.
gizmo4me2

Con

The first part can bee right if you say you are equal to the person next to you depending on hes statue in life, been able to look after him self. Liberty does not have anything to do whit Health care as fare as I know.It was not invented then back in 1800.
The White House does not provide any Health care. You can get Food Stamp to live on, Health care is not free
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Pro

This is my body. I have the right to my body. If I do not want to be sick or injured, I do not have to. It is wrong to force people to suffer. Yes or no: Do people own their bodies?
gizmo4me2

Con

We are talking about free Health care here. not what ewer you own your body, so I advice you to look into The Health care System where you are.Nobody have to suffer in this World, but illness is something you your self can or not control, all depends of the serverness of it
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
RFD
Conduct, S&G, and Sources are all tied, because there were no egregious violations or sources.

Arguments:
The resolution isn't specified at all, so i must go with what I understand "right" to mean and what I understand "healthcare" to mean.

Pro claims healthcare is a right because:
1. People have a right to their bodies.
2. People have a right to live, which requires healthcare.
3. It's wrong to force people to suffer.

Con claims healthcare is not a right because:
1. In many countries, it's not a right.
2. With insurance, one doesn't need healthcare.
3. If one just eats right, then healthcare is unnecessary.

The problem here is the lack of specification of the resolution.
The resolution doesn't mention anything about governmental health care, yet Con tries to argue with this in mind.

Pro pointed out that if one agrees that we have the RIGHT to life, which Con agrees with in round 3, then we must have a right to preserve our lives, which requires health care.
Con's rebuttal?
"Liberty does not have anything to do whit Health care" and
"The White House does not provide any Health care...Health care is not free"

Con's rebuttal:
1. invokes the government, which was never established in this resolution
2. ignores Pro's claim of the right to "life" instead only acknowledges "liberty"
3. indicates the cost of health care
These 3 things are irrelevant to this debate, and since Con cannot successfully rebuttal the
life = right, therefore healthcare (life preserving) = right, arguments to Pro.
Posted by MakeSensePeopleDont 2 years ago
MakeSensePeopleDont
Show me where any constitution states you have a right to healthcare. inalienable rights include life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Those of you using these inalienable rights as your basis, here is the definition of life:

Life:
1) The ability to grow, change, etc., that separates plants and animals from things like water or rocks.
2) The period of time when a person is alive.
3) The experience of being alive

Let's run through that definition:
1) grow, change, etc. This refers to cellular division and nouns with a "life cycle". Nothing to do with healthcare.
2) period of time of person's life. This is a generalized measurement of person's life based on time. Whether it's 1 second or 100 years, it's still life. Nothing to do with healthcare.
3) Experience of being alive. If you are uninsured, do you still feel alive? Yes. This is pure definition based, not hippie-dippie "I feel depressed and not alive when I..." garbage.

Let's look at the facts here. The first system in the U.S. regarding health insurance was in 1789 when the Seaman's wages were used to pay for U.S. Marine Hospital services for major injuries. The first sickness coverage was in 1847 with the Mass. Health Insurance Company. Although one could argue health and life insurance coverage dates back to the Roman's, all of the listed options were extremely expensive and weren't really health insurance as we see it. We can't really call health insurance just that until modern medicine. We must skip through ancient times, the dark ages, discovery of the new world, all the way up to the early to mid-1900's. After all, medicine men, witch doctors, witches, blood letting at the barber shop, etc. cannot be considered healthcare.

So, not even having healthcare systems, true medical care, or expensive treatments; how could our founding fathers want the meaning of "life" to include healthcare and health insurance? Remember, lifespan was about 36 years back then, not what we see today.
Posted by mfigurski80 2 years ago
mfigurski80
Where did you get that from anyway?!
Posted by mfigurski80 2 years ago
mfigurski80
No, I'm saying that its not only much safer, but also more cost efficient to, instead of buying healthcare, stow away the money in a seperate bank account. Except, this stopped working in America; the insurance companies made sure of that.

And you can spend your money on whatever you want. I don't care.
Posted by YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod 2 years ago
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
So you are saying that money comes first and people come last?
Posted by mfigurski80 2 years ago
mfigurski80
Helathcare is definately a right. If you want to push money into other people's pockets, by all means go ahead. But it shouldn't be a must, like it is slowly becoming in USA.
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
Healthcare is a right because it is my body. I have the right to my body.
Posted by mfigurski80 2 years ago
mfigurski80
"Without healthcare, life is not possible"
I just don't know how to respond. Are these your own beliefs? What is the resolution?
Vote Placed by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGodgizmo4me2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments.