BlackerTheBerry.15
V5RED

Heaven and Hell are real.

V5RED

BlackerTheBerry.15

Pro

Well, I would like to start by saying that although I do personally believe that there is a hell and that there is a God, I will make sure that the evidence I provide will be as professional as possible. Some might come with points of "science". I will define that, as well as other key terms in this debate.

Define Hell: a nether world in which the dead continue to exist : hades (2) : the nether realm of the devil and the demons in which the damned suffer everlasting punishment "often used in curses or as a generalized term of abuse
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Define Heaven: a often capitalized : The dwelling place of the Deity and the blessed dead. A spiritual state of everlasting communion with God.
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Define real: Actually existing or happening : not imaginary. Not fake, false, or artificial
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Define Science: knowledge about or study of the natural world based on facts learned through experiments and observation
http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Now that I have defined key terms in this debate, I would first like to claim that Heaven and Hell are real places, and just because there are no recorded "facts learned through experiments and observations" by prestigious philosophers and scientists, doesn't mean its imaginary.
V5RED

Con

I accept, but bear in mind that the burden of proof is entirely on you. You are the one making a claim about the world. I, on the other hand, am taking the position that I do not know if there is a Heaven or a Hell. I believe that they are made up and can give arguments to that effect, but those are not proof and I have no intention of postulating those arguments here. All I am going to do is show that you have no justification for an assertion that Heaven and Hell are real.

I will say one more thing here. If you have no rational justification for a thing, then the rational position is not to assert that it either is or is not true. Now, for some things it is good to act as if it is real, for example free will. I can't say for sure that I have it, but if I do I will use it to do the most good I can(which by the way, your God doesn't give half a monkey's butt about, all he cares about is people being gullible enough to worship him without evidence and to Hell, literally, with anyone who is a skeptic)

TL;DR

BOP is on PRO
All I will do is refute any argument he makes.

Good luck, and I appreciate you being brave enough to post such an assertion openly since online you find that atheism is far more rampant than in the real world where people pretend to be religious.
BlackerTheBerry.15

Pro

BlackerTheBerry.15 forfeited this round.
BlackerTheBerry.15

Pro

Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
BlackerTheBerry.15V5REDTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by johnlubba 1 year ago
johnlubba
BlackerTheBerry.15V5REDTied