PowerPikachu21
qwzx

Heaven most likely doesn't exist

PowerPikachu21

Pro

I argue that Heaven most likely does not exist. I will have to show there is less than a 50% chance Heaven exists, and Con must show that there is more than a 50% chance Heaven does exist.

Definitions:

Heaven: "a place regarded in various religions as the abode of God and the angels, and of the good after death, often traditionally depicted as being above the sky" (Christian version only) (Google definitions)

Most Likely: over 50% probability

Exist: having objective reality or being

Rules:

1. no kritiks, semantics, trolling, etc.
2. Burden of Proof is shared between Pro and Con.
3. Forfeting a round counts as a concession to the opposing side.
4. Failure to follow the Round structure will count as an instant loss.

Rounds:

1. Acceptance only. No arguments can be posted in this round.
2. Constructive arguments only. No rebuttals can be posted in this round.
3. Rebuttals and defenses.
4. Final rebuttals and defenses.

[You must have at least 3 completed debates to accept]

And with that, who accepts?
qwzx

Con

I will be defending the possibility of heaven's existence. I wish good luck to my opponent and hope this will be a good match.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

PowerPikachu21 forfeited this round.
qwzx

Con

qwzx forfeited this round.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

PowerPikachu21 forfeited this round.
qwzx

Con

qwzx forfeited this round.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

PowerPikachu21 forfeited this round.
qwzx

Con

qwzx forfeited this round.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 11 months ago
FollowerofChrist1955
Big things coming down the pike ..... when they come .... pick up a king James Bible 1611 edition, that's the one I use. They haven't butchered it ! Oh and don't take the mark of the Beast. You'll no it because it will be FORCED on everyone. You won't be able to buy, sell, work or anything without it AND it WILL NOT BE OPTIONAL. If you take it ..... you will have NO CHANCE of salvation!

You'll KNOW the truth of my statement WHEN it happens, don't listen to those saying this is the mark or that is the mark. THE MARK will be the one you CANNOT refuse!!!! That should be plain enough!
Posted by PowerPikachu21 11 months ago
PowerPikachu21
1. I never said I was athiest in God, I'm just unsure about Heaven. 2. I think you gave me more material for my arguments. Thank you.
FollowerofChrist1955
Did you catch that PowerPikachu21? The DNA strand is coded to allow for its creations to not ONLY develop, but to SURVIVE, adapt and overcome to evolve and reproduce a stronger more viable organism. This is WHAT the DNA strand DOES, and it is so complex, that WITH the assistance of supercomputers man has YET to fully understand. BUT ...... not so fast. Did you catch what happened? No? let me explain .... RATHER than glorify God for His creation ....... they worshiped the created ....... exchanging the TRUTH FOR A LIE ! ....... Remember those words?
Man refuses to glorify God ..... and instead called His work ..... EVOLUTION!

Remember what God said in Romans 1:25
They exchanged the truth about God for a lie (They call God evolution) and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator.

The Atom is also to advanced for mankind even as of this writing. Science admits, it's mathematical, advanced beyond understanding by man. they know it can exist by itself. They know that by itself it is intangible .... unable to BE touched by human hand, BUT when grouped together it makes up the totality of the known world AND its materials.

get that? you cannot touch it UNLESS it connects itself together. So IF it can exist by itself WHY would it NEED to connect together? Ever thought of that? Might it BE to allow mankind to have SOMETHING to survive ON? to far fetched? Well then consider from a very real standpoint what would happen to mankind IF all those Atoms just released from each other? That's right everything you touch, eat, stand on fly in, drive in, write with, type on ....... would instantly CEASE TO EXIST. Vanish in a blink of an eye .... BUT Nooooo God? No, He's far to irrational to ACTUALLY believe IN? Riiiiiight!
FollowerofChrist1955
PowerPikachu21; God says that IF you want to find Him; you need only clear your mind, open your eyes and LOOK around you! He says His existence CAN BE PROVEN in His creation! Its found here:

Romans 1:19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God"s invisible qualities"his eternal power and divine nature"have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Earth, Sky, Life, biologic living things from the microscopic to the largest of majestic creatures.

So how does that prove that God exists?

Because it EXISTS, not ONLY does it exists ..... it consists AND exists off of 2, count them 2 elements, BOTH of which NO SCIENTIST to this very day with the assistance of supercomputers, and the GREATEST HUMAN MINDS are YET to full understand! The DNA and The Atom. yes, yes go search for yourself... don't listen to other people, you have a mind of your own ... you can read same as them. BUT don't read what they THINK .... ONLY WHAT THEY CAN PROVE! IF you use that criteria ONLY, you will BE lead to the ONLY TRUTH that actually MAKES sense!

Romans 1:21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools.

Romans 1:25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

you see PowerPikachu21 ..... they HAD no answer to where it came from... so they took what could not be understood by their little minds and gave credit of Gods creation to a lie .... EVOLUTION.
don't believe it huh?

What does DNA do? http://www.genome.gov...
DNA contains the instructions needed for an organism to develop, survive and reproduce.
FollowerofChrist1955
Here is the mystery of God, explained.
People who do not believe in God, live in sin ... consequently they are cut off from God and God cannot associate with anyone who is an ACTIVE sinner.
Those who FIND Him are those who, begin to realize that there IS MORE to the world we live in. We begin to sense a presence round about us, and get a unction or sensation that we are living wrong. This is the first step. God knowing our hearts better than us moves closer to US, and His natural divinity, begins to draw us towards Him .....
John 6:44
"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.
This unction is the fulfillment of this prophecy.

You will not BE drawn until you search for Him in truth and deed. Until you come to the very real conclusion that you need Him, and not the other way around. Needing Him is the first step. Because it is not His nature to turn away those who need Him.

In this is fulfilled the prophecy
John 6:33
All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

Like Christ in those days, people sought because of what they could get from Him, not cause they wanted Him or needed Him. It is no different today. They seek for greed sake, for self serving purposes ...they don't want to serve Him, they want to be served by Him. Big difference. Until man realizes his NEED of God mankind travels the road to destruction, always having the choice of turning away from their sinful ways, turning toward God and God shall heal them, love them, lead them. He shall be their God and they shall be His people.
Jeremiah 24:7
I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.
Jeremiah 32:39
39and I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me always, for their own good and for the good of their children after them.

think about it?
FollowerofChrist1955
PowerPikachu21;
Christ died to save you from an eternity in Hell. Couple of clarifying things though.
1. Are you a follower of Jesus Christ, having accepted His sacrifice on the cross in payment for your sins?
If the answer is yes .... you do not HAVE to worry about Hell at all as your eternal life IS a gift of Gods grace. That means AS a follower of Christ, you already HAVE eternal life, and your life will by nature of Christ IN you, will follow a path that is natural for all followers of Christ!

if the answer is NO then you your NOT going to go to Heaven at all unless and until you DO make that choice you are being held accountable for your actions and there's only one outcome.

As to Heaven? I can attest to the existence of Both Heaven and Hell. I can also attest to the FACT that all of mankind from the beginning of creation to the end of time future WILL be IN one of those two places. I can further attest that the vast majority will be in Hell, not Heaven.

do you know that God spoke more about Hell than he did Heaven? He does, why? because most of mankind will go there! because they personally have refused the sacrifice of the son of God. So they have chosen to answer for they're sins themselves! Christ blood paid for all believers.

I hope your answer is yes .... cause IF it isn't, you don't NEED to ask if Heaven exists because to YOU it IS a completely irrelevant question. I'm going to be here for ANY questions you have! It would be my honor to guide you in the knowledge you seek!
Posted by PowerPikachu21 11 months ago
PowerPikachu21
@FollowerofChrist1955 I'm not WILLING to be in Hell, I'm just questioning Heaven's existence. But it looks like I forgot to post. I do have an argument against Heaven existing, though. (PS I'm agnostic, unsure, about Heaven's existence, but I think there's doubt surrounding the possibility)
FollowerofChrist1955
Soooo let me see if I've got this right .... YOUR WILLING to bet an eternity in HELL, on a guesstimate! Hmmm, question? Do you carry INSURANCE ? By your reasoning ..... WHY!