Nickc92
Cornoviorum

Heavy Metal Music is better than Radio Pop/Hip Hop Music

Nickc92

Pro

Im am arguing that heavy metal music is a better style of music than the mainstream pop and hip hop music played on the radio. Prove why the radio music is better.
Cornoviorum

Con

Simply you have to appreciate that the society we live in today cares only for the profit margin and level of coverage within the said country, and so where-as (for example) Heavy Metal may have a few hundred thousand fans throughout the United States, Radio Pop appeals to the now universal generation of mindless drones, who listen to the music not for quality, but for sustenance in an otherwise robotic life.

In summery Hip-Hop and Radio Pop are generally better styles of music because of the consumer-base they're now trying to actually please, people who care for real music on the mainstream circuit are now the minority, and so these generic abominations are better styles of music from a modern-day, profit seeking, consumerist and similarly generic generation of people.
Nickc92

Pro

Im not going to lie, you have basically the same view on it as me in terms of generality. I was looking for more of a debate comparing the styles, but it is clear that you think that mainstream pop and hip hop music are not as "quality" as the minority (heavy metal).

So there is really nothing left to say here, you do not seem to be a fan of the mainstream radio music, so i have nothing to argue back.
Thank you sir.
Cornoviorum

Con

I think in terms of comparing the quality of Heavy Metal to say Hip-Hop (which often is of a similar level, in terms of there is sometimes generic garbage, however often the music is creative and regular gems reveal themselves). So although I don't care for the less imaginative and well produced pieces of music released on the radio I think this kind of debate could only follow an argument-style format because like everything in life, there's quality and then there's American-produced quality.

In terms of agreeing with you on that point, of course no one's going to defend what's classed as utter rubbish, generic (overused word here) and ‘fake' music, and so I will say that on a creative and imaginative level Hip-Hop is often on-par with Heavy Metal, however the genres are so utterly different that you can't possibly compare them both effectively.
Nickc92

Pro

Yes, you are correct. The music is very different and extremely difficult to compare.
I just made this to see where it would go, out of curiosity, and your view is, in my opinion, one that is very easy to agree with.

So thank you again.
Cornoviorum

Con

Cornoviorum forfeited this round.