bexy_kelly
littlelacroix

Heavy Metal is just for boys

Con Tied Pro
Started: 5/6/2008 Category: Arts

bexy_kelly

Con

Some people have a preconcieved idea that heavy metal is simply for guys. This cannot be true as music is genderless, and if a band were to aim itself at a paticular gender then it would potentially miss out on 50% of all listeners
littlelacroix

Pro

Alright, now I just want to begin by saying that you have incorrectly misinterpreted the intent of bands. Bands play a certain music because that is what they like to play, not to aim at a certain group of people. Now, the the debate lies in the fact of who is listening to the music.

The preconceived notion that heavy metal lies in the fact that boys would prefer to listen to metal over Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus. Although I agree music is genderless, which gives way to the few of the opposite gender listening to opposite music, but, for the most part, heavy metal is usually on the man side of the musical spectrum. Nothing in this world is absolute, except the vodka, and that is why some women listen to heavy metal.

Futhermore, there would be even fewer women listening to heavy metal if they didn't want to be groupies. Now I don't want to degrade women in this point, but it is obvious that some women listen to heavy metal to sleep with the rockstar, take Pamela Anderson for example. She only sleeps with rockstars.

Therefore, since guys prefer heavy metal over "fufu girly music" and some women are gold-diggers, heavy metal is just for boys. Thank you
bexy_kelly

Con

Simply because "for the most part" heavy metal is on the male spectrum, does not mean it is ONLY for boys.

"Futhermore, there would be even fewer women listening to heavy metal if they didn't want to be groupies. Now I don't want to degrade women in this point, but it is obvious that some women listen to heavy metal to sleep with the rockstar, take Pamela Anderson for example. She only sleeps with rockstars."

Yes I'll give you that, but has it ever crossed your mind that some women listen to the music because they enjoy it? You cant guarntee that everyone listening to the music is a groupie/ goldigger/ whatever. So your argument is flawed. Therefore heavy metal is not only for boys
littlelacroix

Pro

As I mentioned before, nothing in the world is absolute. Yes, I'll give you that some women may enjoy heavy metal, but those are the odd few that are able to pass the inherent barrier of boy and girl music.

Further more, my argument on the groupies is not flawed, only providing for a fairly large group of women that are presently listening to heavy metal.

We are debating the line, "heavy metal is just for boys." As the instigator of this debate, you would be completely unfair to say that EVERY woman on the face of this Earth dislike heavy metal cause there are always a few odd ones. In general, as you have kind of agree with in your last speech, heavy metal is only for guys.

Thank you
bexy_kelly

Con

"Yes, I'll give you that some women may enjoy heavy metal, but those are the odd few that are able to pass the inherent barrier of boy and girl music"

so then heavy metal isnt just for boys! the odd few prove it so! (sticks out tounge in a childish attempt to convince the opponent)

I am terrible at debting I know, this is my first time on this site. My general method of "winning" debates has just been shown

Heavy Metal is not just for guys! I'm right because I know I am! :P
littlelacroix

Pro

I hope that anyone voting on this round sees that nothing in this world is absolute. My opponent has never argued this fact. It's common knowledge that the sky is blue, but at dusk it can be orange. It's common knowledge that grass is green, but frequently it's brown.

Also, being the instigator of this debate, my opponent would be completely abusive to set the standards to an unreachable level only on the pro side.

Finally, saying "I'm right" doesn't make is so you win the debate. Heavy metal, whether an intentional or accidental purpose, is just for boys.

Thank You
bexy_kelly

Con

I'll just restate my argument

You cannot define a genre of music be gender, even if the majority of the listeners ARE male/ female

Well thats all I have to say, I'm going to have fun losing
littlelacroix

Pro

I will agree, no music is meant for one gender or another, but, nonetheless, there is an invisible barrier between heavy metal and "pop" music that seperates the men from the women. Once again, there is nothing in this world that is absolute, so of course there are an odd few, but looking at the genre as a whole, boys are a VAST majority of the population that listens to it.

Anyone who looks at this debate must see that I'm not trying to argue that women are punished for listening to heavy metal, but it is quite obvious that men are the sole listeners of heavy metal.

"Heavy Metal is not just for guys! I'm right because I know I am! :P" ~Once again, not a round winning argument. Thank you
Posted by XxXDublinGirlXxX 8 years ago
XxXDublinGirlXxX
woo go bexy! i voted for you!! WHy does this comment have to be 25 characters minimum!! I've made my point!! I support u!!
Posted by SexyLatina 8 years ago
SexyLatina
I'm not really interested in debating. I mean, I USED to debate on my OTHER account, but as soon as I forgot the password for that account (and didn't feel like getting it back), I decided I didn't really need to debate.

I'm NOT the best debater on this site, Rousseau is. The only reason he's lost any is because some other kid (a kid that I know, in fact) spammed all his debates. But you never see me criticizing his debates.

Tell you what, I'll make a deal. When there are no stupid people on this site, I'll be a kind and generous soul. But until then, my snarky and criticizmic comments continue.
Also, I shall continue to believe that I am, indeed, holier than thou.

And, now that I think about it, I HAVE done a debate before. It just got deleted from debate.org.
Posted by leethal 8 years ago
leethal
Hey sexylatina, still waiting on you to actually start a debate on this DEBATING site. You've been a member for months and all you've done is badmouthed other people's debates. If you can prove you are the best debater on this site, then all your snarky, holier-than-thou comments will be justified. If not, they won't.
Posted by Issa 8 years ago
Issa
Oh ma gosh!!! I love heavy metal!!!!
Posted by SexyLatina 8 years ago
SexyLatina
What a stupid resolution. It's obviously impossible to win, barring some strange technical switcheroo or something. Pretty hard for Con to lose.
Posted by bexy_kelly 8 years ago
bexy_kelly
Thats what I was trying to say, but I have a terribly hard time trying to express myself
Posted by LR4N6FTW4EVA 8 years ago
LR4N6FTW4EVA
Resolutions are absolute statements. That means that in order for PRO to win he must prove heavy metal is just for for boys. Just because males make up the vast majority of the heavy metal listener spectrum does not entail its just for boys. PRO failed to overcome that barrier, so PRO loses. ALthough, PRO lost basically when he accepted because it is a fact that some females listen to heavy metal, so unless CON is really spectacularly dumb, PRO is basically screwed.
Vote Placed by Excessum 7 years ago
Excessum
bexy_kellylittlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by littlelacroix 8 years ago
littlelacroix
bexy_kellylittlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by Josh 8 years ago
Josh
bexy_kellylittlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by XxXDublinGirlXxX 8 years ago
XxXDublinGirlXxX
bexy_kellylittlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by whitesoxfan450 8 years ago
whitesoxfan450
bexy_kellylittlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by DoubleXMinus 8 years ago
DoubleXMinus
bexy_kellylittlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by advanceh 8 years ago
advanceh
bexy_kellylittlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by thefinechina 8 years ago
thefinechina
bexy_kellylittlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by Hreha827 8 years ago
Hreha827
bexy_kellylittlelacroixTied
Vote Placed by bexy_kelly 8 years ago
bexy_kelly
bexy_kellylittlelacroixTied