debatingturtle
AquaGekko23

Hedge cats beats all

AquaGekko23

debatingturtle

Pro

I say that hedge cats beats all, cause hegemony solves everything and cats are beast, combined they kick butt. Good luck to my opponent.
AquaGekko23

Con

I will concede that cats are beast but if you look at your argument you are basically stating that cats should have all of the power of hedgenomy in the world and that would cause the entire world to be influenced by cats. If you did that cat haters would all band together and try to take over the world so basically your plan would cause world war between cat lovers and cat haters. Also if cats had all of the influence power in the world we would have to discover a way to be able to contact them or else we would not know what they wanted which would destroy all of your solvency in this round. If in fact you state that we would be able to get the means as which we could contact cats we would have to put all of our smartest minds on this which would take away from other very important projects in the world and our technology would not grow. We need technology to be able to stop global warming so if we became behind on our research we would not be able to survive which is also extinction. So basically you would cause world war and extinction
debatingturtle

Pro

On your point of taking away focus, that is a trade off argument. trade off arguments are pretty crappy, your disadvantage is not intrinsic to my plan. Other things in the status quo might take away focus from your supposed impacts. And the resolution is not specifically linked to your impacts, I say perm do both. Which means focus on cats and work on global warming and i believe you had another trade off so I perm that to.b On your cat ruling hegemony, I don't believe you understand this resolution. I'm saying that cats increase our soft power, thereby increasing our hegemony standings in the world. I am sorry if I did not explain this well enough in my first constructive speech. As I have taken away your impacts there is nothing contesting this resolution, so vote Affirmative. Oh and on your war between cat haters and lovers, this was rather ridiculous because I'm saying we are increasing our soft powers, cat haters won't go to war with us because we like cats. People don't hate cats that much and if people hated cats that much then wouldn't there be cat genocide or something? You conceded that cats are beast so it will increase our soft power.
AquaGekko23

Con

I am saying you can't do a perm because you would have to take the worlds brightest to make something to understand your cats and there is no way that cats would increase our soft power because right now America has cat's and our soft power is going down also there are countries in this world that do not appreciate cats so therefore they would not care about the fact that we have cats. It is possible that some Egyptians that respect their ancestors views may have an improved image of the U.S. but most likely your plan will have no affect because first you never stated that you were actually doing anything and second as I stated previously we already have cats and our soft power is declining. Also you don't get your impact of increasing hedge because the status quo already has cats and again hedge in America is decreasing so you should not get that advantage. If America focused more on cat's and less on politics other countries would get angry and that would actually decrease America's hedge so turn on your advantage. Now that link also works for my cat haters argument so basically I still get the world war impact which you can't perm since that doesn't make any sense. You can't not focus on cat's and focus on them at the same time. For your cat genocide argument people abuse and kill cat's all the time and by saying that there is no cat genocide you are just forgetting the lives of all those poor abused and/or dead cats. Also the aff said that my disadvantage was not related to his plan but clearly the status quo proves that we are focusing on trying to combat global warming and the affs plan would make us get of track and hurt our efforts to combat global warming. In all vote neg because the aff has no advantages or solvency to their plan. Also they have no impacts while the neg gets global extinction by global warming and World War.
Posted by debatingturtle 7 years ago
debatingturtle
hmm, I don't think so. i made this debate while I was waiting for you to post your first argument Bao, just to see what it would turn into. It might lower me in the percentiles but oh well.
Posted by XimenBao 7 years ago
XimenBao
Is there a way to vote "this is too ridiculous and it makes my head hurt from reading dense paragraphs?"
Posted by debatingturtle 7 years ago
debatingturtle
What i meant by there doesn't need to be Aff action I meant that in this website we can debate anything, like I saw a debate on whether or not God exists. So I don't have to change anything, we are just debating things. I believe you are still in policy mode.
Posted by AquaGekko23 7 years ago
AquaGekko23
I was just trying to answer your arguments it was not new though I can see how you might see it that way
Posted by debatingturtle 7 years ago
debatingturtle
You had a ton of new arguments in your last speech, I can't answer them.
Posted by debatingturtle 7 years ago
debatingturtle
I can't answer your new arguments in your last speech so that is unfair.
Vote Placed by Nails 7 years ago
Nails
debatingturtleAquaGekko23Tied
Vote Placed by freakwars 7 years ago
freakwars
debatingturtleAquaGekko23Tied
Vote Placed by AquaGekko23 7 years ago
AquaGekko23
debatingturtleAquaGekko23Tied
Vote Placed by EHS_Debate 7 years ago
EHS_Debate
debatingturtleAquaGekko23Tied
Vote Placed by debatingturtle 7 years ago
debatingturtle
debatingturtleAquaGekko23Tied