Junja
Luisthebraziliancowboy

Hernandez is guilty of murder

Luisthebraziliancowboy

Junja

Pro

The evidence is all there. I'm waiting for someone to accept so I can put down their arguments.
Luisthebraziliancowboy

Con

Simply, there is not sufficient evidence that he is guilty of murder. There is a lot of circumstantial evidence, and there are significant implications against him, but as of now, there is not enough evidence to say that Hernandez is definitively guilty and so, on the basis of reasonable doubt, I claim that he must be viewed as innocent. The burden of proof lies with you to show sufficient evidence of his guilt.
Junja

Pro

Hernandez's accomplices themselves admitted he did it. Hernandez was and probably still is involved in gangs. Hernandez himself has made himself look guilty. Why would he slam the door on the police's face? Why would he destroy his cell phone coincidentally when the police asked they see his phone. Obstruction of justice much? While the case is a bit early, I believe based off the information we have now Aaron Hernandez is guilty.
Luisthebraziliancowboy

Con

Luisthebraziliancowboy forfeited this round.
Junja

Pro

Unfortunate that my opponent forfeited this round.
Luisthebraziliancowboy

Con

All of those things are circumstantial. He might have slammed the door in the police's face in order to protect his friends who committed the murder. Same with the cell phone and, even though you didn't mention it, the home security system. Yes, he obviously obstructed justice. Yes, he is obviously somehow implicated in this. But until irrefutable evidence appears showing that he committed the murder himself, we have to assume he is innocent.
Junja

Pro

It doesn't make sense why he would, for now, take the fall to protect his friends. Aaron Hernandez is known as a real jerk. I don't see why Hernandez would try to protect his friends and hide the evidence in his house.
Luisthebraziliancowboy

Con

I want to apologize for missing my round, in case anybody did not read the comments section. I unexpectedly did not have Internet for a day so I could not do it. I understand if voters find it reasonable to dock me points because of that.

You do not seem to understand what you have to do to prove a murder. You cannot rely on circumstantial evidence and assumptions. You must present conclusive evidence of his guilt. All the evidence that you have given is circumstantial or irrelevant. The question is not if he seems guilty, nor is it if we think he is guilty. It is if he is guilty. I have given you reasons why your circumstantial evidence is not necessarily showing that he is guilty. You cannot say that he is a jerk, therefore he is guilty of murder. Until you show hard evidence, such as his prints on the murder weapon, you cannot successfully claim that he is guilty. I urge the voters to recognize my opponent's errors and vote for Con.
Junja

Pro

While I do agree that it is a little early to completely judge the verdict, I believe based off Aaron Hernandez himself, he is certainly not helping his own case. In conclusion, while it's a little early, I believe Hernandez committed the crime, and once his trial begins and ends, hopefully he'll do the time.
Luisthebraziliancowboy

Con

Pro has shown no conclusive evidence that Hernandez is guilty of any murder. He relied on circumstantial evidence and subjective personality judgements to deem him guilty, but there was simply not enough proof shown by Pro to find him guilty. The burden of proof was on him, and he failed to show enough. I urge you to vote for Con.
Posted by Shadowguynick 3 years ago
Shadowguynick
You can change your vote I think if you want to give junja his conduct point. But it might not matter.
Posted by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
2 points* to offset sorry.
Posted by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
As I stated below, Pro did nothing to show Cons argument was wrong. He offered no rebuttals. Since con had the bop, the only thing con had to do was merely refute pros points and show that Hernandez may not be guilty of murder and provide reasonable doubt. I just accidentally vote bombed. Out of pure non bias, conduct should have went to pro, the rest of the topics to Con. I apologize pro for not giving you conduct, hopefully someone reads this and counters my vote, and offers you one point
Posted by Luisthebraziliancowboy 3 years ago
Luisthebraziliancowboy
Thanks for the support Mikal. I'm glad to see you're civil despite the fact that we just debated against each other. You seem like a good guy.
Posted by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
Regardless of what you post for the last response Con will win this. He has shown and you have completely missed the point of what he is inferring when he is saying circumstantial.

Simply stated. His accomplishes could have said anything in order to cut a deal form themselves, and as pro has shown, this is entirely dependent on the circumstance.

You have taken on the BOP and failed to provide evidence to support that claim. To say he is guilty, you must provide evidence that can directly result in his guilt.
Luisthebraziliancowboy
I apologize for forfeiting my round. Due to unexpected issues, I was without Internet for a day and so I could not fulfill it.
Posted by ConservativePolitico 3 years ago
ConservativePolitico
Pro that's a fact not a debate. Too easy for you to win.
Posted by JustinAMoffatt 3 years ago
JustinAMoffatt
Sir. Being Pro on a resolution (worded the way it is) means you have Burden of Proof. Technically, you need to prove how Hernandez (whoever he is, please specify) is guilty of murder, and Con must only provide reasonable doubt.
Vote Placed by Shadowguynick 3 years ago
Shadowguynick
JunjaLuisthebraziliancowboyTied
Reasons for voting decision: This debate said nothing of the case really, and as it was on Pro to provide evidence for him to be guilty I give con arguments. But con did miss a round, so conduct junja. No S/G errors. No sources.
Vote Placed by Inductivelogic 3 years ago
Inductivelogic
JunjaLuisthebraziliancowboyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Pro due to FF. Neither provided sources. While Pro did not meet the BOP, like someone had mentioned in the comments. Con refuted all of Pros claims, but also did not provide any evidence as to why he was not guilty. Here merely made the debate about rebuttals and offered up no evidence himself. The only point I can award is conduct to Pro due to FF
Vote Placed by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
JunjaLuisthebraziliancowboyTied
Reasons for voting decision: for reasons i have already posted in comments