KingDebater
Coinsruledude

High heels should be renamed 'ramp simulators'.

KingDebater

Pro

Yes, that's right, I came up with that all by myself.

Women have always been known to give ridiculously uncreative names when naming shoes. Take 'flip flops' as an example, they're named after the sound they make. I bet it was a woman who named 'sidewalks' too.

"Buwa?" I hear you all cry "High heels do have a simple name, when you wear them, yo heels be high!" But the thing is, the name 'high heels' sounds much less cooler than 'ramp simulators'. It also makes women feel a little less thick in the noggin.

Another reason my name is better is because women are also known to give shoes cool names, such as 'stilettos'. Whilst not as cool as 'ramp simulators', it certainly is cooler than 'them shoes what have them spikes what make your heels go all high'.

I thank you.
Coinsruledude

Con

"Women have always been known to give ridiculously uncreative names when naming shoes. Take 'flip flops' as an example, they're named after the sound they make."

Primitive flip-flops have been used since ancient Egyptian times, and throughout history they’ve been called many different things depending on which design was used and where in the world they’ve been found.[1] There’s no evidence to back up your claim that women are the ones who coined the term ‘flip-flops’. It's just a general onomonopia some people use collectively to name the footwear.

"I bet it was a woman who named 'sidewalks' too"

Sidewalk: A paved walkway along the side of a street.; the US and Canadian word for pavement[2].

The term is 'pavement' in the UK, 'footpath' in Australia, and 'platform' in India. Your logic is that women are the reason it's called a sidewalk. If all of those countries I listed above have women, why isn't 'sidewalk' the universal term there as well?
You also lack any evidence to back up your claim. 'I bet' does not mean the same this as 'It is true that'.

""Buwa?" I hear you all cry "High heels do have a simple name, when you wear them, yo heels be high!" But the thing is, the name 'high heels' sounds much less cooler than 'ramp simulators'. It also makes women feel a little less thick in the noggin."

In other words, your main argument for the name-change has no real premise other than your own personal opinion, which would be somewhat acceptable under normal circumstances…but let’s not forget that another opinion of yours seems to be that women are inherently stupid, so I’m left to question the validity of your argument.

"Another reason my name is better is because women are also known to give shoes cool names, such as 'stilettos'."

1. Salvatore Ferragamo was the man, not woman, who popularized the stiletto heel[3].

2. The stiletto heel is named after the stiletto dagger, due to the shoe's narrow and pointy heel. High heels are named after what they look like, just like stilettos. Why are you fine with one name, but critical of another?
Oh yeah - in your opinion one sounds 'cooler'.

3. You said earlier in your argument that
"women have always been known to give ridicuously uncreative names when naming shoes". And yet, you also said, "women are also known to give shoes cool names".
You're contradicting yourself; which is it? Is 'stiletto' an uncreative name, or is 'high heel' a cool name?

"Whilst not as cool as 'ramp simulators', it certainly is cooler than 'them shoes what have them spikes what make your heels go all high'."

You seem to have forgotten that the name of the shoe we're debating about isn’t an entire sentence. It’s ‘high heels’, not the incredibly long name you used to try and discredit the current name. Like I mentioned before, you're fine with stilettos being named after what they look like, so there's no legitimate reason other than personal bias to be against high heels being named in the same fashion.

What do high heels do? Just like you predicted I would say, they make your heels go high, just like sidewalks are sides of the street that you walk on, and flip-flops flip and flop when you walk.
They're called 'high heels' because that's what they are. They aren't ramp simulators.

[1]https://en.wikipedia.org...

[2]http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

[3]http://en.wikipedia.org...;

KingDebater

Pro

Hello, opponent!

Crazy con says: "Primitive flip-flops have been used since ancient Egyptian times, and throughout history they’ve been called many different things depending on which design was used and where in the world they’ve been found.[1] There’s no evidence to back up your claim that women are the ones who coined the term ‘flip-flops’. It's just a general onomonopia some people use collectively to name the footwear."

First of all Con, way to pick a good font. Second, flip flops are a really girly name and there were no gays back in the old days (it's all to do with supernaturalistic theorial Victorian evolution), so the name must've been invented by a woman.

Crazy con says: "Sidewalk: A paved walkway along the side of a street.; the US and Canadian word for pavement[2].

You also lack any evidence to back up your claim. 'I bet' does not mean the same this as 'It is true that'."

This is because all over the world, there is stupid, but there is different amounts of stupid. I think it may have something to do with education.

Crazy con says: "In other words, your main argument for the name-change has no real premise other than your own personal opinion, which would be somewhat acceptable under normal circumstances…but let’s not forget that another opinion of yours seems to be that women are inherently stupid, so I’m left to question the validity of your argument."

Yes, it's true, certain words do make the less gifted feel more so, such as 'simulator' and the suffix '-atron 5000'. For example, 'The Mechanical simulator machinatron 5000' sounds better and makes you feel more intelligent than 'Super golf simula'or'.

Crazy con says: "1. Salvatore Ferragamo was the man, not woman, who popularized the stiletto heel[3].

2. The stiletto heel is named after the stiletto dagger, due to the shoe's narrow and pointy heel. High heels are named after what they look like, just like stilettos. Why are you fine with one name, but critical of another? Oh yeah - in your opinion one sounds 'cooler'.

3. You said earlier in your argument that "women have always been known to give ridicuously uncreative names when naming shoes". And yet, you also said, "women are also known to give shoes cool names".
You're contradicting yourself; which is it? Is 'stiletto' an uncreative name, or is 'high heel' a cool name?"

1. Hmm, that explains it. That Salvatore guy must've either been Gay or trying to impress his Mrs. That explains why it's creative and not uncreative and cool.

2. Con still hasn't refuted my opinion, but he will probably use that stupid trick where you write an opinion off as 'not being a fact' when we don't know, I'm so clever that my opinion could be fact. Whereas we know that con's opinions are dirty lies.

3. See point 1.

4. Also, when I was talking about 'my name', I wasn't referring to 'ramp simulator', I was referring to 'Jacob', which I think is a pretty slick name. However, let's just continue as if I was referring to ramp simulator, okay? :)

Crazy con says: "
You seem to have forgotten that the name of the shoe we're debating about isn’t an entire sentence. It’s ‘high heels’, not the incredibly long name you used to try and discredit the current name. Like I mentioned before, you're fine with stilettos being named after what they look like, so there's no legitimate reason other than personal bias to be against high heels being named in the same fashion. What do high heels do? Just like you predicted I would say, they make your heels go high, just like sidewalks are sides of the street that you walk on, and flip-flops flip and flop when you walk. They're called 'high heels' because that's what they are. They aren't ramp simulators."

But they're 'dumb-arse' names. They're stupid names. My name are much bitter then there's.

http://goo.gl...
http://goo.gl...
http://goo.gl...;

Coinsruledude

Con

I just joined a few days ago, so forgive me if the formatting is off or if the font is wrong...I don't see how a font could be WRONG though, because I can read my debate just fine, but I digress.

"flip flops are a really girly name and there were no gays back in the old days (it's all to do with supernaturalistic theorial Victorian evolution), so the name must've been invented by a woman."

As we all know, the first gay was born in 1946 under the name Albert Einstein (although he later changed his name to Freddie Mercury), so I won't argue that undeniable fact. However, there is solid proof that the 'flip-flop' was universally chosen as the One Name to Rule Them All because of how manly the name sounds. The name originated during the Battle of Salamis; the Persian soldiers ran so fast to their boats to escape the Greeks that their footwear (what we know call flip-flops) made a flopping sound when they ran over the wet sand on the shoreline; ever since then the shoes have been referred to as "flip-flops" as a way to commemorate the Greek victory.

"This is because all over the world, there is stupid, but there is different amounts of stupid. I think it may have something to do with education."

I agree completely with the fact that stupid is unequally distributed throughout the world. Hence why the United States is losing its influence as a superpower and Asia is so smart.
However, I personally think the reason there are variations in the names of the same objects is because every nation, culture, and ethnicity hates each other, so they try to make it difficult for immigrants and tourists to function by renaming things to confuse outsiders.

" Yes, it's true, certain words do make the less gifted feel more so, such as 'simulator' and the suffix '-atron 5000'. For example, 'The Mechanical simulator machinatron 5000' sounds better and makes you feel more intelligent than 'Super golf simula'or'. "

Actually, a more accurate description would be a "large vocabulary". Although it's nearly extinct on the Internet, there are a few places where intelligent language can be spoken freely without being followed by accusations of the user being stupid in disguise.

"1. Hmm, that explains it. That Salvatore guy must've either been Gay or trying to impress his Mrs. That explains why it's creative and not uncreative and cool. "

Neither of your assumptions gives the impression of being correct. It's almost certain that Salvatore Ferragamo was not a homosexual, because he would be classified as axesual; as we all know, no one with a name like Salvatore will ever get laid by anyone.

"2. Con still hasn't refuted my opinion, but he will probably use that stupid trick where you write an opinion off as 'not being a fact' when we don't know, I'm so clever that my opinion could be fact. Whereas we know that con's opinions are dirty lies."

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

"But they're 'dumb-arse' names. They're stupid names. My name are much bitter then there's."

I'm somewhat skeptical of your claim; is it possible for you to mail me a sample of your names, so I can take them to a professional chef to be tested? Otherwise we'll never know which name is more bitter.

In closing, 'flip-flops' have been around for millenia, and should continue to coexist with man as 'flip-flops'.
Posted by Coinsruledude 3 years ago
Coinsruledude
I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that wonderful compliment.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
So creative and original.
Posted by Coinsruledude 3 years ago
Coinsruledude
That was my intent. :)
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Currently con is likely to lose S&P for the formatting issues... However this as a joke debate, I did laugh pretty hard when he took every detail ultra seriously.
Posted by dylancatlow 3 years ago
dylancatlow
Silly resolutions taken seriously can be funny, you know. This, however, was not one of them.
Posted by KingDebater 3 years ago
KingDebater
It appears that there are some idiots who don't know what a joke debate is.
Posted by ConservativePolitico 3 years ago
ConservativePolitico
I could destroy this argument in about five minutes.

Good thing I feel bad for your pitiful debate "skills".

Also, how sexist are you?