Akbota.Shorayeva
Altilongitude

High school students should wear uniforms

Akbota.Shorayeva

Pro

It is obvious that students should wear uniforms in schools.
Altilongitude

Con

Prove that it is obvious that students should wear uniforms in schools. Students should be free to wear whatever they choose, aside from certain items such as clothes with inappropriate speech. School uniforms restrain the students' freedom of expression and create an environment of conformity. You might argue that school uniforms contribute to order in a school, but I don't think it's obvious that uniforms should be implemented in schools.
Akbota.Shorayeva

Pro

Every where there is definite dress code, which we have to support. the uniform at schools are not an exception. There are several reasons why i take this point of view. Firstly, uniform do not take your attention to other things which are not connecting with lessons. Secondly it is a discipline, which will prepare pupils to the future career. In serious and pupular companies there is an uniform also. Thirdly the uniform is not so expensive and everyone could buy it independently on their financial status. And the last argument is that with help of uniform there will no descremination, and every children will stay in the equal position.
Altilongitude

Con

People can concentrate just fine without uniforms.

Your second point is probably your strongest argument. I concede that that is an advantage of uniforms. Uniforms during schooling do prepare students for their professional lives.

You wrote "And the last argument is that with help of uniform there will no descremination, and every children will stay in the equal position." Please flesh out this argument and explain why uniforms would combat discrimination.
Akbota.Shorayeva

Pro

Akbota.Shorayeva forfeited this round.
Altilongitude

Con

I've got nothing to add.
Posted by DeFool 1 year ago
DeFool
I would like to debate this topic with you, but I fear that I will be unable to abide by the 3 hour posting time. If this can be extended, I am certain to snatch this up.