Tardy-Policy
PowerPikachu21

High schools have a tardy policy of 3 tardies to equal a detention

PowerPikachu21

Tardy-Policy

Pro

I think tardy policies should be changed to three tardies to equal one detention because I think some of the students have a hard time getting to school and usually it is not really the student's fault. In some cases the students have to depend on their parents or on trains which would at times either break down or the parent would just not take the student at all. I strongly believe that we should give students a chance if they arrive late and detentions have mostly been about tardies only. < 3
PowerPikachu21

Con

I'll be glad to argue against Pro's notion that "High Schools should have 3 tardies = 1 detention".

But first, we need to define a few things.

Tardy: When you don't get to class on time.

Detention: When you're forced to sit at the principle's office for a long time (from 1 hour to an entire school day).

I hope Tardy_Policies is still online and willing! 12 hours of debating time isn't that much!

Argument:

The character limit is harsh too. I'll just say this: tardy does not say "not getting to school".
Tardy-Policy

Pro

Tardy-Policy forfeited this round.
PowerPikachu21

Con

Tardy means to not me at class. To miss 3 classes for detention? Outrageous! Instead, I say we can miss classes all we want, but we lose points toward our grade. Sound simple enough? Good. Pro forfeited his 2nd round, possibly due to the time contstraint of only 12 hours after I make an argument. Next round is rebuttals.
Tardy-Policy

Pro

kids don't get to school on time and some have a very reasonable and when being tardy to class I believe it is because we need more time on the passing period. For example: students need to go to the bathroom but teachers say to go on your own time and yet students don't have enough time to do that because the passing period is too short so it's not the actual student's fault at times for being late to their own class
PowerPikachu21

Con

I would do a full rebuttal, but limitation. R1, Pro talks about trains, but trains don't go to schools. And I agree that kids don't have bathroom time. So it's reasonable to be late because of this. But 3 bathrooms = 1 detention? Ridiculous! How about we don't have detention, and instead lose points towards their report card.
Tardy-Policy

Pro

Tardy-Policy forfeited this round.
PowerPikachu21

Con

Opponent missed the final round. Vote me. Jirachi will grant you all wishes.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I accepted and oh my god, strict character limit! I'll make my *full* argument Round 2, then I'll counter my opponent's Round 1 argument for my Round 3.
Posted by Tardy-Policy 1 year ago
Tardy-Policy
The tardy policy is from 1 tardy to equal a detention and I want to change it to three tardies for one detention
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
Depends on what the tardies are changed from.
Vote Placed by parkerwil 1 year ago
parkerwil
Tardy-PolicyPowerPikachu21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Both arguments were weak. No one will win more convincing arguements. Con will get conduct due to pro forfeit. Maybe Pro should get a detention..
Vote Placed by lord_megatron 1 year ago
lord_megatron
Tardy-PolicyPowerPikachu21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited