Rawr_Of_Rawrs
AdamKG

Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin are better together than apart

AdamKG
Started: 7/28/2014 Category: TV

Rawr_Of_Rawrs

Pro

Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin are twins. They both are very different, but without each other, they don't know what to do. And, how are they supposed to do their brotherly love act if there's only one? They have never had a fight (except that one episode, but it was fake!!!) and do you think they ever will? They don't want to leave each other, and they never will, if you think having only Hikaru and no Kaoru (or vice versa), do you know how they would act without each other? lost and alone, sure, they would have you, but it would be like ripping them in half, leaving them incomplete. I rest my case
AdamKG

Con

I accept your fun debate! I am an anime fan as well and have watched Ouran High School Host Club a couple times over.

Replies to Questions:

"And, how are they supposed to do their brotherly love act if there's only one?"

In the Host Club Hikaru and Kaoru play the part of a the "forbidden love" characters with their apparent sexual attraction toward each other. They have shown the ability to portray heartbreaking acts shown in various scenes in the show such as episode 4 with the basketball game scene. I believe even if they were separate they would still be able to fulfill their role acting as heartbroken brothers forcefully separated from each other. That would still get their clients to swoon.

"They have never had a fight (except that one episode, but it was fake!!!) and do you think they ever will?"

I deem it possible. They have had issues with each other, but not enough so that they ever had a legitimate fight. I think it is possible and will happen eventually. I have never read the manga so if they did have a fight after the events shown in the television show I do not know about it.

"They don't want to leave each other, and they never will, if you think having only Hikaru and no Kaoru (or vice versa), do you know how they would act without each other?"

As stated before, I think they would still be able to fulfill their role in the club at least to an extent. They have proven that they can be apart and still have self-fulfillment as they both shown in episode 16 when Koaru deliberately sent Hikaru away on a date with Haruhi. Hikaru has shown in that episode and occasionally from that point forward that he could be happy with someone else.

Concluding Argument:

While having Hikaru and Koaru separated does seem unorthodox I believe it would work. If I were with only one brother (and if I were homosexual if a romantic relationship is implied) I think they would still be happy assuming the other twin in also being emotionally occupied with an alternate relationship. It is proven in episode 16 that Hikaru has romantic feelings toward Haruhi and seems to be able to be happy with her without Koaru present. Therefore, it is possible for them to be separate and happy as well as fulfill their role in the club.

- http://en.wikipedia.org...
- Watched "Ouran High School Host Club" anime series
Posted by Rawr_Of_Rawrs 3 years ago
Rawr_Of_Rawrs
EVEN THOUGH THEY COULD LIVE BEING APART DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE BETTER Apart
Posted by Rawr_Of_Rawrs 3 years ago
Rawr_Of_Rawrs
Well then I'm sorry AlexanderOc
Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
this is very difficult to snipe.
Posted by AlexanderOc 3 years ago
AlexanderOc
You rest your case? Don't think you used the term correctly there.
Posted by AlexanderOc 3 years ago
AlexanderOc
Vote Placed by Bennett91 3 years ago
Bennett91
Rawr_Of_RawrsAdamKGTied
Reasons for voting decision: Same reason as NiamC. But also why would anyone want to defend incest?
Vote Placed by NiamC 3 years ago
NiamC
Rawr_Of_RawrsAdamKGTied
Reasons for voting decision: People, this is why you don't have one-rounders... Con presented unrefuted arguments.