Hilary Clinton vs Ted Cruz

Round 1-Acceptance, Round 2-Cases, Round 3-Rebuttals, Round 4-Strictly Defense(no new arguments added)
I will be representing Hilary Clinton's views, and stating reasons why she would be a better president than Ted Cruz. Please note that this is a debate of the two lesser evils. I am a libertarian, but I cannot see myself trusting the future of American diplomacy, military, and foreign policy in the hands of Ted Cruz.

Ted Cruz has motivated racism, impulsivness, and an overwhelming stupidity in his voters. His views are not thouroghly explained, and are very idealistic. Ted Cruz is the embodiment of the grassroots anti-establishment Republican. In this debate, I will be argueing that Ted Cruz is idealistic, and has oversimplified many issues.

C1-Ted Cruz's political views and statements

-Send Police to patrol Muslim neighborhoods- First, I will start with the main problems with this.

1. Global community knows that America supports racism and pregiduce against other people
  2. Muslims in America will feel alienated resulting in ISIS propaganda becoming more persuasive
  3. It is is also extremely unconstitutional

Muslims will feel alienated in Donald Trump's administration. Evidence usually shows that when Muslims feel left out and discriminated; radical idealogies will become more persuasive. This does not have to do with their religion, and can be applied to any group of people with any religion.

Many law professors deem it as unamerican as it is unconsitutional to pursue such a ban. The Federal Government cannot ban any religious group from entering the US. They are free to move to America. The Founding Fathers also specifically state the government has secular. There should be no religous persecution here. Banning Islam will cause the government to promote their own religion.

-Ted Cruz wants to carpetbag ISIS cities.

Ted Cruz is basically saying that he does not care about innocent lives in the Middle East. I will outline the problems with this stance.

1. Innocent people dying does not do anything to help America's reputation in the world.
  2. It does nothing to end the problems in the MIddle East

European nations already disprove of George Bush's administration. Cruz's administration would be no different.

Bombing ISIS and innocent children will motivate others to create terrorist groups. Alkida was destroyed, but than ISIS comes to power.

-Kick out illegal immigrants

People do not realize how significant of an impact do illegal immigrants make on the US economy. Amnesty would be ideal in fixing the situation. Not only does Ted Cruz stereotype illegal immigrants by calling them rapists, drug dealers, and immoral people, but he also has created a bad name for himself in Latin America. Here are the reasons why Ted Cruz came up with another pathetic idea.

1. Illegal immigrants make a significant impact on the US economy.
  2. Donald Trump generalizes people which already creates a bad president.

Illegal immigrants contribute 11 billion dollars to the economy each year. They actually pay higher taxes than the top 1%. There is no evidence that they are drug dealers and rapists. They account for 8% of the gross domestic product.

Ted Cruz generalizes people. Illegal immigrants make up 5% of the worker population. There is no evidence pointing to all of them being drug dealers. This proves that his decision making skills are not only impulsive, but just dumb.

I believe I have provided reasons why Cruz should not become president. In conclusion:

• Cruz has idealistic policies that have so many flaws.
  • He will violate international law as well as the constution.
  • He generalizes people.
  • Racists love him.

Konichiwa! I'd like to thank my opponent for writing an argument in this debate. Never the less, let's get this going.

Case 1: Clinton is a Proven Hypocrite

Something I'd like to point out:

"Asked by The Post last month about the role of the pro-Clinton Priorities USA Action, Clinton shrugged her shoulders and said,“I don’t know.”"

Wow. Clinton doesn't know. It's funny how Hillary denounces Super PACs but relies on two of them. (1)

Hillary Clinton was against LGBT for the longest time. She came in favor of gay marriage in 2013. In 2003, when she was pro-traditional marriage, more than 60% of the American people were for traditional marriage. When she came out for gay marriage in 2013, it was around 60% in favor! (2) A quote from the article:

"Clinton opposed same-sex marriage as a candidate for the Senate, while in office as a senator, and while running for president in 2008. She expressed her support for civil unions starting in 2000 and for the rights’ of states to set their own laws in favor of same-sex marriage in 2006.

As polls showed that a majority of Americans supported same-sex marriage, Clinton’s views changed, too. She announced her support for same-sex marriage in March 2013.

It’s up to voters to decide how they feel about her changed stance, but on same-sex marriage we give Clinton a Full Flop."

Hillary Clinton supported the Iraq War when it was popular. She now comes to regret that decision. A quote from the article:

"After days of Republican presidential candidates wrestling with questions on the Iraq war, Hillary Clinton weighed in Tuesday, telling reporters that her vote in favor of the war in 2002 was a “mistake.”

“I made it very clear that I made a mistake, plain and simple. And I have written about it in my book, I have talked about it in the past,” Clinton told reporters at an event in Cedar Falls, Iowa, adding that “what we now see is a very different and very dangerous situation." (2)

Clinton wants to raise the U.S. debt limit. However, when asked for her voting record on the dsubject, she said the following:

""Can you please tell me how many times I voted against raising the debt limit?" Clinton asked Rodriguez, indicating she had little recollection of her own record." (3)

Source three goes on to say her stance on voting. Seems solid, right? Wrong. In this speech, Clinton goes on to retract her stance. Althogh she initially addresses the subject above, she goes on to change the stance she has made. (4)

Hillary Clinton used to be against gun control laws. She spoke out against Obama. As quoted:

“I disagree with Senator Obama’s assertion that people in our country cling to guns and have certain attitudes about immigration or trade simply out of frustration,” she said.

She described herself as a pro-gun churchgoer, recalling that her father taught her how to shoot a gun when she was a young girl and said that her faith “is the faith of my parents and my grandparents.” (5)

“I know we are a smart enough nation to figure out how you protect responsible gun owners’ rights and get guns out of the hands of people who shouldn’t have them,” Mrs. Clinton replied.

She added that she would expand comprehensive background checks and close “the Charleston loophole,” a federal provision releasing guns to buyers if a background check takes longer than three days. It is a provision, she said, that Senator Bernie Sanders supported." (6)

You can clearly see how Clinton flips and flops her views on issues when the masses aren't in her favor. We don't need a weak president. We need someone who will stand up for what may be unpopular. Ted Cruz does this. This brings me to my next point.

Case 2: Ted Cruz Will Fight

According to adetailed analysis of Cruz's tax plan, it will work.

• Senator Cruz’s (R-TX) tax plan would enact a 10 percent flat tax on individual income and replace the corporate income tax and all payroll taxes with a 16 percent “Business Transfer Tax,” or subtraction method value-added tax. In addition, his plan would repeal a number of complex features of the current tax code.
  • Senator Cruz’s plan would cut taxes by $3.6 trillion over the next decade on a static basis. However, the plan would end up reducing tax revenues by $768 billion over the next decade when accounting for economic growth from increases in the supply of labor and capital and the much broader tax base due to the new value-added tax.
  • According to the Tax Foundation’s Taxes and Growth Model, the plan would significantly reduce marginal tax rates and the cost of capital, which would lead to a 13.9 percent higher GDP over the long term, provided that the tax cut could be appropriately financed.
  • The plan would also lead to a 43.9 percent larger capital stock, 12.2 percent higher wages, and 4.8 million more full-time equivalent jobs.
  • On a static basis, the plan would cut taxes by 9.2 percent, on average, for all taxpayers.
  • Accounting for economic growth, all taxpayers would see an increase in after-tax income of at least 14 percent at the end of the decade."

Ted Cruz wants to propose a bill to banning Syrian Refugees. (8) In countries who allowed Syrian refugees, it cost them a lot of money and caused the rate of rape to go up dramatically. In some cases, it increased up to 300%. (9) Ted Cruz is for protecting our men and women from rape and more debt. How about Hillary Clinton? She wants to let in around 65,000 refugees. (10) There's Hillary not having a spine.

Case 3: Clinton's Horrible Economic Plan
"It seems likely that income inequality will be a major topic in the 2016 presidential contest."
"First, hard-working families need and deserve tax relief and simplification. Second, those at the top have to pay their fair share. That’s why I support the Buffet Rule, which makes sure millionaires do not pay lower rates than their secretaries."

Hillary Clinton believes there's a sex wage gap; and wants to make sure that men and women get paid "the same". However, Hillary does not know the actual economics behind the wage gap.

As quoted by a Harvard professor in reference to the wage gap:

"But the bottom line is that the "gender wage gap" is not caused by discrimination, and therefore cannot be fixed through government action to reduce discrimination. It can only be fixed by forcing women to make different choices, which is absurd."

It seems Hillary wants to raise taxation on the rich. This is a horrible move. Studies have claimed that the factors that keep companies and millionares in America is taxation and quality of life. (13) However, without a good economy and fair taxation, rich citizens can not help but to move their businesses else where.

We are already taxing the rich insanely large amounts such as the 20% capital gain tax and the 3.8 percent net investment income tax. (14)

How is Hillary going to get us out of the deficit when she wants to put in policies that are not only not needed but also idiotic as shown above.

Case 4: Clinton's inability to lead

"A controversy arose in March 2015, when it became publicly known that Hillary Clinton exclusively used her family's private email server for her official email communications while she was the United States Secretary of State, rather than using official State Department email accounts maintained on federal government servers.

There is debate as to the propriety of various aspects of Secretary Clinton's arrangement. Some experts, officials, and members of Congress contended that her use of privatemessaging system software, and a private server, and the deletion of nearly 32,000 emails that she deemed private, violated State Department protocols and procedures, and federal laws and regulations governing recordkeeping requirements. In response, Clinton has said that her use of personal email was in compliance with State Department laws and regulations, and that former secretaries of state had also maintained personal email accounts.

Nearly 2,100 emails on the server have been retroactively marked as classified by the State Department, though they were not marked as classified at the time they were sent. This includes 65 emails deemed secret and 22 deemed "Top Secret". Government policy, reiterated in the non-disclosure agreement signed by Clinton as part of gaining her security clearance, is that sensitive information should be considered and handled as classified even if not marked as such. After allegations were raised that some of the emails in question fell into this so-called "born classified" category, a probe was initiated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) regarding how classified information was handled on the Clinton server." (15)

"But the State Department’s Freedom of Information Act reviewers found plenty of cases where releasing the emails in uncensored form today, more than three years after Clinton left office, would pose diplomatic or national security concerns."

In conclusion, this shows that Clinton does not have the traits to judge issues well. This issue may lead to horrible decisions in office.

I have clearly shown why Hillary Clinton should not be our president and why Ted's plans will work. Arigatou!

Anime OP:;

Ariesx forfeited this round.

i win. extend

Ariesx forfeited this round.