MWonderWolf
bassamelali

Hillary Clinton should be in jail because she has broken the law

bassamelali

MWonderWolf

Pro

I am looking for someone to debate with from the comments section, so, if you would like to debate, please post it in the comment section. First round is just for acceptance and any rules or formatting that you would like to have. I believe that HC should be in jail because she broke the law. Even if she's not gonna be put there.
bassamelali

Con

Sorry, pal. I didn't see that you wanted to debate in the comments section before I agreed to debate.
MWonderWolf

Pro

That's alright! I can always launch it again ;-)

So HC (Hillary Clinton) should be in jail because she has broken the law many times. One at a time. With her private email server, HC had government personnel set it up for HER OWN USE ONLY. That is illegal. Government personnel can only set things up for people if it's for the good of the public. Fortunately for her, the person giving the trial was a jerk and let her off the hook. Even now, she has so much power that they wouldn't throw her in jail.
bassamelali

Con

As much as I'm not neither a Hillary fan nor a Trump supporter, I will admit that logic and reason surpass the average American's exaggerated ruling on Hillary's email violation.

You see, David Petraeus was the former Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. I doubt you can disagree that the CIA's information is profoundly more important than the Secretary of State's, right? A few years ago, he also misused the government email server he was given but unlike Hillary, he actually got a misdemeanor and had to be resigned from the CIA.

How come he had to resign and get charged with a misdemeanor while Hillary gets off the hook? What an outrage, you say.

Well, you see it's all about intention, the removal of said emails and who the classified information was given to.

David Petraeus had an affair. He cheated on his wife and was meeting and communicating with a woman he met. In order to lessen the risk of getting caught, he decided to use the government secret email to email her and send pictures to and back. At this point, he truly betrayed the nation by breaking the three rules:
- He intentionally used the government email server to construct emails that were not related to the United States and instead for personal use.
- He gave out his secret government email address to a non-federal employee, breaking the code of the typical citizen having access to said secret addresses. Ergo anyone who doesn't work the government cannot ever know the email address
- He deleted all the emails send to her and back to him which is a clear and irresponsible violation because anything on the government's email server must NEVER be deleted to ensure lack of corruption and fraudulence.

With that being said, he deleted emails he wasn't supposed to, he sent his email to an ordinary public citizen, and he intentionally did something he KNEW was criminal. And so he got charged with a misdemeanor and pleaded guilty.

Hillary on the other hand did not break the three rules:
- She did not even use the federal government's email to send out the classified emails, it was through her private server. Gmail If I remember correctly.
- She did send the emails to anyone from the public. All her emails were directly sent to her co-workers in the federal government.
- She never intended to misuse the emails or do any wrongdoings with them
- Because of the above reason, she never deleted ANY of the emails and kept them for the Feds to investigate.

Hillary made a mistake, but it wasn't as big as David Petraeus'. Is it worth a misdemeanor or felony? I believe not, nor does the FBI. The Feds did however insist that she was extremely careless with it, but never meant any harm, and clearly didn't hide anything.

Once more, I'm no Hillary supporter but I wont accuse her of something based on my hatred for her, or my support for Trump. I take logic, reason and proper investigation facts before I take a stand on any topic.
MWonderWolf

Pro

Yes, David Petraeus did do a lot worse than HC, but what exactly HC did was still illegal, no matter how much worse someone else's deeds were. It's still illegal, and the punishment is still jail time. The only reason that she got off the hook was because the person giving the trial was a jerk, as I have said before.
The second reason why HC should go to jail: in her private computer database, which was set up in a closet with no locks, she contained Top Secret information, some of which was already Top Secret when sent to her. A Secretary of State has no privileges to Top Secret documents, so keeping those was illegal. On top of that, she had no security around it whatsoever! That is illegal too. Also, if I'm right, this looks pretty easy: http://m.wikihow.com.... Again, that same jerk did the trial, and she got off the hook again. That jerk!

Also, this is : 'Should Hillary Clinton be put in Jail', not 'Will Hillary Clinton go to Jail'.

Thank you for debating! It was fun!
bassamelali

Con

I might have not made myself clear, in which case I completely apologize. I do not agree that she should be in jail because of said reasons. Basically because of her intentions (lack thereof). To my memory, David Petraeus did not go to jail and only got a misdemeanor and firing. Considering how Hillary's actions didn't really compromise sensitive US documents or deleted them like David did, then she simply did a mistake.

Besides, she's not the Secretary of State anymore, so she can't get fired from that position.

Regardless, I enjoyed my debate with you, and hope we can debate once more. Have a good day!
Posted by BartMarlows 1 year ago
BartMarlows
How can someone disagree with you she is honestly a criminal?? Everyone knows that
Posted by BartMarlows 1 year ago
BartMarlows
Posted by BartMarlows 1 year ago
BartMarlows
Posted by BartMarlows 1 year ago
BartMarlows
Posted by BartMarlows 1 year ago
BartMarlows
Posted by BartMarlows 1 year ago
BartMarlows
Posted by BartMarlows 1 year ago
BartMarlows
Posted by BartMarlows 1 year ago
BartMarlows
Posted by BartMarlows 1 year ago
BartMarlows
Posted by BartMarlows 1 year ago
BartMarlows
Vote Placed by SJM 1 year ago
SJM
MWonderWolfbassamelaliTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro admitted that what the guy did was worse than HC, and assuming that "David Petraeus did not go to jail and only got a misdemeanor and firing", then pro basically conceded that HC's situation is worth less than jail time.
Vote Placed by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
MWonderWolfbassamelaliTied
Reasons for voting decision: I love changing the outcome
Vote Placed by migmag 1 year ago
migmag
MWonderWolfbassamelaliTied
Reasons for voting decision: obviously bassamelali (and our judicial system) have proven she HASNT broken the law
Vote Placed by evanjfarrar 1 year ago
evanjfarrar
MWonderWolfbassamelaliTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con makes a convincing argument based on comparison and intention that I believe to outweigh Pro's arguments that lack substance and evidence.
Vote Placed by llaurenthellama 1 year ago
llaurenthellama
MWonderWolfbassamelaliTied
Reasons for voting decision: MWonderWolf was more straightforward, I suppose compared to bassamelali when it came to his/her arguments, but bassamelali really seemed to have studied this topic well.
Vote Placed by Eshan13 1 year ago
Eshan13
MWonderWolfbassamelaliTied
Reasons for voting decision: I thought con made a good argument based on intention
Vote Placed by SchinkBR 1 year ago
SchinkBR
MWonderWolfbassamelaliTied
Reasons for voting decision: Bassamelali is the clear winner in my mind. While I personally agree with MWonderWolf, his lacked any evidence or substance to his arguments.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
MWonderWolfbassamelaliTied
Vote Placed by KeyserSoze115 1 year ago
KeyserSoze115
MWonderWolfbassamelaliTied
Reasons for voting decision: It was illegal. She should be in jail. She should not get special treatment. Trump v Clinton is worst choice ever!