Hillary Clinton should be our next president.

First round is acceptance, second round is main argument.

Burden of proof is shared. I look forward to a good debate!

I accept. Js im really not a fan of Hillary but ill try my best

There are many reasons why Hillary Clinton should not be our next president. To begin, Clinton wiped her entire email server clean, which "appears to have been wiped after October 2014, when the State Department asked Clinton to return her official emails to the department"[1]. While she forfeited around 30,000 emails to the government, she only did so after immense pressure by the congressional group investigating Benghazi[2]. In addition, there are another 30,000 emails (there are around 60,000) in total which she refuses to give up. While some argue it is her right to privacy being invaded, in reality she is an elected official who wiped her server clean when she had to give them to the State Department. If Clinton is elected president, who's to say such a scandal won't occur then either?

Here are some issues Clinton has voted on[3]:

"Voted NO on prohibiting minors crossing state lines for abortion. (Mar 2008)"
"Voted YES on reauthorizing the PATRIOT Act. (Mar 2006)"
"Voted NO on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)"
"Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)"
"Voted NO on removing need for FISA warrant for wiretapping abroad. (Aug 2007)"

These are big issues and someone who votes so irresponsibly is not qualified to be the next U.S. president.
Not only did she support warrantless infringements of our most basic right to privacy, Clinton also voted "No" on notifying parents of minors who get out of state abortions. It is appalling how blatantly irresponsible this is. Parents have the right to know if their child gets an abortion. This encourages children to embrace the practice and is an attempt to pass off abortion as a reasonable form of contraception that can be kept secret from family. It seems hypocritical that Clinton is in favor of children getting secret abortions yet favors the government's warrantless intrusion of its citizens phone records.

There are more suitable candidates than Hillary Clinton to run for president. For example, here are Marco Rubio's stances on big issues[4]:

"Toughen laws against prostitution & sex trafficking. (Apr 2007)"
"Collect DNA of those convicted of sexually deviant behavior. (Nov 2006)"
"Mandatory life sentence for repeat sex offenders. (Nov 2006)"
"Teach students skills to avoid gangs, violence, & drugs. (Nov 2006)"
"Pro-life, but understands that woman's right is the law. (Jun 2012)"
"Supports No-Child-Left-Behind Opportunity Scholarships. (Nov 2010)"
"Voted for more scholarships for private schools. (Apr 2007)"
"Incentivize foreign language curriculum in elementary school. (Nov 2006)"

Rubio is a good alternative to Clinton. While Clinton favors crime policies which affect gun ownership for law abiding citizens, Rubio prioritizes going after the criminals. Rubio also favors cracking down on sex crimes, supports women's right to choose for abortions, and has beneficial educational policies such as exposing children to foreign languages at a young age.

DevinBoxler20 forfeited this round.

Seeing as my opponent forfeited I will accept the victory of this debate.

I cant even argue with you. I hate Hillary. I liked George Clinton because of all his charity work but I agree with you 100%.

DCPolitical forfeited this round.

Good points.
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Concession of the entire debate by Pro, in the following statement. "I cant even argue with you. I hate Hillary. I liked George Clinton because of all his charity work but I agree with you 100%." This clearly is a concession, as Pro refuses to argue and stays they agree with Con "100%." Since none of Con's arguments were refuted, I give the arguments points to Con.