LogicalLunatic
jamesyons

Hillary Clinton will Win the 2016 US Presidential Election

LogicalLunatic

LogicalLunatic

Pro

In this debate, Pro will be arguing that Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton, who is a former First Lady, a former Secretary of State under current U.S. President Barack Hussein Obama, and a former Senator of New York, will win the 2016 US Presidential Election. Con will be arguing that Hillary Clinton will not win the 2016 US Presidential Election.

As to avoid a "resolution snipe," allow me to clarify that what I mean is that Hillary Clinton will MOST LIKELY win the 2016 US Presidential Election.

First Round is for Acceptance, Pro has burden of proof. No new arguments will be presented in Round Five; rebuttals only. In Round Two only Arguments may be used; no rebuttals to stated arguments.
jamesyons

Con

I will address the probability that Hillary Clinton will win the general election since I believe that is a very high likelihood that she will win the Democratic presidential nomination since even though she had the lead in 2008 her leads were not this unanimous and this big. Also many Democratic politicians have already endorsed her. First of all, one party has not controlled the White House for more than eight years since 1988 when Republican George H.W. Bush defeated Michael Dukakis to succeed fellow Republican Ronald Reagan. Since then almost every president has faced either scandal, unpopularity or both with Clinton facing scandals resulting in a long impeachment process, George W. Bush facing some scandals and deep unpopularity while Barack Obama is seeing his approval ratings crater as he nears the middle of his sixth year in office. Keep in mind that in 2000 Al Gore could not win even with a strong economy and a president with a high job approval rating. At the same time there was strong economic growth and almost always when there is a strong economy the incumbent's party holds the office as shown with Ronald Reagan's and Bill Clinton's blow out re-elections. However when the economy is weak the incumbent or the incumbent's party loses the office as shown with Ronald Reagan defeating Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama winning against John McCain. The last time an incumbent's party held the presidency for more than eight years, George H.W. Bush had to first overcome big deficits in the polls to win showing the voters' hesitancy to give one party control of the presidency for more than eight years. If Al Gore could not win in 2000 after a long period of strong economic growth with a president having a high job approval rating then Hillary Clinton will not win in 2016 after eight years of a weak economy and a president with low and getting lower job approval ratings.
LogicalLunatic

Pro

I've gotten several, though not all, of my arguments from this highly Liberal source:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
So, without any further delay, I shall begin.

1. Hillary Clinton is a woman.

Liberals everywhere are looking for a candidate to break through the "Glass Ceiling" in the political arena that women are supposedly held back by. They are cheering on Hillary Clinton as the future first woman president in American history. Be assured that most women voters will, on election day in 2016, cast their votes for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

2. She did not Divorce her Cheating Husband.

This was probably just to maintain her image, but either way this choice makes her appear to have good character. She might even appear to some Conservatives to have family values, as Conservativism is usually opposed to divorce. There's the possibility that many Conservatives might vote for Hillary Clinton.

3. The Republicans do not have a strong candidate to oppose Hillary.

Rand Paul? Nope. Jeb Bush? Definitely not. Ron Paul? No. What I'm saying is that no prominent Republican right now could defeat Hillary in a fight for the title of President. There's always the possibility of a dark horse, but based on what the Republicans have done in 2008 and 2012, they will not nominate a dark horse.

4. The Democrats have no one to oppose her.

Elizabeth Warren, who is perhaps the only Democrat who could take the Democratic Nomination from Hillary, has stated that she will not be running.
http://abcnews.go.com...
In fact, she has very nearly endorsed Hillary Clinton's future run for the Presidency.
http://www.csmonitor.com...
Now, current Vice-president Joe Biden might run, but that won't work out so well.
http://washington.cbslocal.com...

5. Hillary Clinton will probably run for President.
Here's a source that tells us why:
http://www.oregonlive.com...

I await my opponent's response.
jamesyons

Con

jamesyons forfeited this round.
LogicalLunatic

Pro

I extend my arguments.
jamesyons

Con

jamesyons forfeited this round.
LogicalLunatic

Pro

I extend my arguments again.
jamesyons

Con

jamesyons forfeited this round.
LogicalLunatic

Pro

Dude...seriously?
jamesyons

Con

jamesyons forfeited this round.
Posted by Haroush 3 years ago
Haroush
Con you might want to make your argument more organized. It just might help.
Posted by Haroush 3 years ago
Haroush
I did it my first time I debated on here, lol.
Posted by LogicalLunatic 3 years ago
LogicalLunatic
First Round was for acceptance, but I suppose my opponent didn't know any better, so well let it slide.
Posted by LogicalLunatic 3 years ago
LogicalLunatic
Both
Posted by Haroush 3 years ago
Haroush
Do you mean the DNC nomination period or the actual general elections?
Vote Placed by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
LogicalLunaticjamesyonsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by texans14 3 years ago
texans14
LogicalLunaticjamesyonsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit. Pro provided better arguments. Pro did provide a source, but they did say that the source was slanted.