learnyang1812
krayracker

Hillary Clinton will win the presidency in 2016.

learnyang1812

Pro

Hillary Clinton will likely win the presidency in 2016 because of her immense appeal to the majority of American voting blocs, such as women, young adults, and the Irish American voting bloc. In addition to her overwhelming appeal to many Americans, the majority of polls already reveal that not only is Clinton dominating among democrats by over 40 points for the Democratic nomination, the republicans lack unity and have relatively low appeal just for nomination within the party. Plus, America needs another democrat.
krayracker

Con

My opponent has the entire Burden of Proof, and he/she must show that Hillary Clinton will win the presidency in 2016. It will not matter in any way if Hillary Clinton will eventually will win the presidency in 2016, because the debate will be over. So unless my opponent can predict the future I technically have won the debate. Vote Con.

Thank You
learnyang1812

Pro

My opponent fails to address any of my opening points on why Hillary will take the presidency in 2016. With all due respect, instead of dancing around the debate, my opponent should grow a pair and disprove the assertion that Hillary will win, which I support with numerous contentions. However, I will accept the burden of proof as my points already bring enough to the debate to prove Hillary will win presidency in 2016 and since they are unrefuted we must accept them as true. However, to further prove that Hillary will take the presidency in 2016, I will bring in evidence from the Hill (http://thehill.com...). The Hill writer, Fernando Espuelas, further elaborates and supports my contentions that Hillary possesses the most appeal among voters while Republicans lack any real challenge to her election. Thus, we must vote in the affirmative and accept that Hillary will win the election in 2016.

Thank You.
krayracker

Con

krayracker forfeited this round.
learnyang1812

Pro

learnyang1812 forfeited this round.
krayracker

Con

My opponent tlaks about how I have been dancing around the debate. All I have done is prove that my opponent must prove that Hillary Clinton will 100% win the 2016 presidential election. Since he cannot do that, he cannot win this debate. Vote Con.
Posted by krayracker 1 year ago
krayracker
Sorry for forfeiting, I was busy, at a debate camp. I am ready to post the next round.
Posted by krayracker 1 year ago
krayracker
Ok, I will add an argument to this.
Posted by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
Fair enough, while I still think a better option would be to make the argument you have now as well as a argument talking about the topic I will abstain from voting on this debate out of fairness.
Posted by krayracker 1 year ago
krayracker
I will gladly start a forum on this where it can be discussed with many people. For right now, I cannot comment for I will be eating dinner the next 20 minutes.
Posted by krayracker 1 year ago
krayracker
I repeat: Pro has the BoP to prove that Hillary Clinton will for sure win the presidential election of 2016. Explain how my writing is full of arrogance. All I did was point out that my opponent would have to show that without a shadow of a doubt, Hillary Clinton will win the 2016 presidential election.

For clarification, read this debate: http://www.debate.org...

The first two votes clearly explain where I am going.
Posted by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
For sources, you are correct it's tied. For spelling and grammar I see no clear winner so that's tied. For conduct your writing is full of arrogance and debating not for the debate, but to win. Pro on the other hand does truly engage in the topic.

For the most persuasive arguments I judge that falls in pro's hands, for I am judging who engages the topic the most and persuades me to their side of the topic. You instead twisted the topic to your benefit while not exactly engaging in the topic.

Pro did a better job persuading me to agree with his/her side while you have not persuaded me to think that Hillary Clinton will not win the next presidential election.

In other words your job should be to persuade the audience that Hillary Clinton will not win the next election, not that Hillary Clinton might not win.
Posted by krayracker 1 year ago
krayracker
Sorry for double posting, something weird happened to Google Chrome.
Posted by krayracker 1 year ago
krayracker
It helps to learn things like this. In a debate, you should make sure your argument is related to your resolution.
Posted by krayracker 1 year ago
krayracker
Posted by krayracker 1 year ago
krayracker
I had no bad conduct in any way. All I did was point out that the only way he/she could win this debate would be by predicting the future. My spelling and grammar has not been particularly atrocious . My argument was convincing because the resolution is what Pro is trying to prove in a debate. So far, no one has used sources... Yes, the point of a debate is to learn, but it can also help to learn that you should clearly write your resolution.