JimmyNeutron
totallyserious

Hillary Should be the Next President

JimmyNeutron

Con

First, I would like to thank my opponent for accepting this debate, as well as the voters.

I would like to begin this debate by stating that I am strongly opposed to the idea of Hilary Clinton being the next President of the United States. It doesn't take much digging into the history of her political career to realize that she hasn't actually done anything that indicates that she possesses the type of strong personality and intelligence that is desirable, perhaps even required, for the office of President.

I would also like to eliminate the usual argument given by Hillary supporters, that "We need to have a woman President" or "We are long overdue for a woman president." These arguments are fallacious, because being a woman is not in any way a requirement for or advantage to being president. I, and many people like me, have absolutely no problem whatsoever with a woman being President. The problem is Hillary Clinton's shaky political ideas, as well as her evident dishonesty that disqualifies her, not the fact that she's a woman.

Hillary Clinton, like some other politicians (particularly left-wing extremists), keeps using certain issues as a way to boost her campaign, without actually caring about said issues. For example, she claims to advocate for equal pay for women and men, and yet a report has surfaced that shows that she actually paid her female employees an average of 28% less than her male employees. You can read an article about that report here:

http://www.ijreview.com...

In addition, she also deleted all the emails from her private email server (which she used for official business as Secretary of State) during the 2012 Benghazi Scandal. This casts doubt on her honesty about how she handled the attack on the embassy in Libya because if she really had nothing to hide, why did she delete the emails? Documents such as that should most definitely be kept on record for future reference or investigation. If she had nothing to hide, she shouldn't have deleted the emails, because a review of the emails would have cleared her of suspicion immediately.

To summarize, Hillary Clinton's dishonesty and unprofessionalism during her run as Secretary of State, as well as the fact that she doesn't actually support woman's rights the way she claims to (revealing that she is simply using that issue as a platform to catapult her popularity among women voters) disqualify her from being a good president. Like I said, I have no problem with a woman president, just with Hillary Clinton personally.

I look forward to your first argument.

totallyserious

Pro

She should not become the next president because she believes in someone who believes that black people are worthless and should have stayed slaves and all her points are ridiculous.
JimmyNeutron

Con

I am advocating the position that she should not be president. Thank you for your input, but the other side of this debate was supposed to be occupied by someone who advocates the position that she should be president.
totallyserious

Pro

totallyserious forfeited this round.
JimmyNeutron

Con

JimmyNeutron forfeited this round.
totallyserious

Pro

totallyserious forfeited this round.
Posted by JimmyNeutron 2 years ago
JimmyNeutron
EmilyMemmi, you make an excellent point there. The main problem I have is that people will vote for her because she is a woman, regardless of whether she will actually make a good president.
Posted by EmilyMemmi 2 years ago
EmilyMemmi
I am all for women's rights, but having a woman president will not work! Even though America has come to respect women (more), other countries haven't and that would make any and all negotiations a lot more difficult.