Rchu
Le-vox-von-zhizn

Hillsong United

Started: 4/13/2015 Category: Music

Rchu

Pro

That Oceans(Where feet may fail) is the best song ever from Hillsong.
Le-vox-von-zhizn

Con

I accept this debate.
Rchu

Pro

This song is the best because it shows about Peter and the time when the disciples saw Jesus walking on water. In the lyrics it shows that when walking on water you have to call out to him and walk with him and forget everything and think about him.
Le-vox-von-zhizn

Con

First there are numerous other songs with better meaning but I'll talk about it in the next round. Second it never mentioned Peter or any of the 12 disciples. Third the song is prideful look at the first few lines You call me out upon the waters

The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

You see the singer states "In oceans deep My faith will stand" which means that even when she's \he's walking on water she will still have faith something even Peter lacked at that moment.
Rchu

Pro

But when you sing the song and you make some inferences to the song it kind of describes about Peter because in the bible when he was asked to get out of the boat he said that it was crazy, but Jesus told him that to forget about everything and think about him, eventually when he did step on the water, he drown because he was afraid about what is going to happen. Then later in the verse it describes about how he would keep his eyes above the waves describing that he will do anything just to see him. Then later it talk about my soul will rest in your embrace telling that he would let his soul become in his embrace.

But lets agree this is a actually pretty good song!!!!!!!!!
Le-vox-von-zhizn

Con

1. It never directly mentions Peter but it does say I meaning the singer has more faith. 2. It is nit the best the song "Mighty to save" had much better lyrics look http://www.songlyrics.com... it directly states "So take me as You find me All my fears and failures." the singer acknowledges their failures unlike in Oceans where the singer implies she\he has more faith than Peter. But yes, it does sound good.