DebaterMaster18088
EthicsPhilosopher

Hinduism is more moral than Buddhism

EthicsPhilosopher

DebaterMaster18088

Pro

First thing, state your biggest point. Hinduism is the oldest and the safest religion, and is lenient on its followers.
EthicsPhilosopher

Con

Hello, nice to meet you. It will be an honor debating with you.

I will start with my first and largest point. That point is that Buddhists are very respectful of other religions, and do not beleive that they are set CORRECT or INCORRECT. Many of us could be right and many of us wrong, so there is no point in arguing about who is and who isn't, when there is no possible way of knowing.. Buddhists do not beleive in fighting over whose religion is better, because they know (as I have stated) that there is no perfect way of knowing for sure. This makes buddhism not only a religion, but a way of life.

Also, I need to say, Hinduism is based upon the Caste System. The Caste System isn't economical or moral at all because it doesn't really make the people want to do much to get better. It is saying that if you simply do your job, (after many years and lives) you will be put into heaven. I can't help but think that it is just a way to get people to do their jobs. It does create a stable economy, but definitally not a growthful one. The economy would be working, as it has for many years, but also has shown none or very little positive change.

In the religion of Buddhism, you constantly work to better yourself (following the eighthfold-path) so that stimulates a growthful nation.

You are never limited to what you are supposed to do. You are constantly working for what you can be, and not what you are. Many buddhists monks spend their entire lives simply learning. They are constantly growing their knowlage, and with it, (as they believe), their souls and being.

Also, you never NEED to be anything lower than god. It is not a sin to think so. You can work to be equal with him, as a brother and a friend. If you do what is right, than you will find infinite peace.

PROS AND CONS OF BUDDHISM:

Pros: It's logical and has evidence and proof to support most of its claims and doesn't require faith of its people - also the buddha himself said 'do not believe anything you hear even if i have said it unless it agrees with your own logic and beliefs'

also its extremely peaceful and encourages compassion and learning, there is no religious buddhist war ever recorded in history

Cons: easily misinterpreted many people think buddhists think life must be suffering because of the first noble truth that is often stated as 'life is suffering' when actually it is 'life is frought with suffering' meaning that it happens

also people think buddhists worship buddha as a god or that possibly we become god's when we die which is incorrect. The buddha was just a man, if we bow to a statue of the buddha it is out of respect

also its a very pacifistic religion which while good in some ways (no history of war etc) it made it extremely easy for china to invade tibet - they didn't fight back they just ran. And buddhism doesn't thrive in communist china. Occasionaly buddhism becomes a pushover because it is nonviolent and other religions tend to not follow this.

(NOTE: I did not write the pros and cons above., but I agree with it. All credit goes to Buddhist Mango. Here's the link:
https://answers.yahoo.com...

DebaterMaster18088

Pro

DebaterMaster18088 forfeited this round.
EthicsPhilosopher

Con

Er.....

Ok then....

?
DebaterMaster18088

Pro

DebaterMaster18088

Pro

EthicsPhilosopher

Con

Sooo...... I win?
Posted by EthicsPhilosopher 3 years ago
EthicsPhilosopher
hoping that someone votes...... all of my debates end up with no one voting. :/.... er....

Well, one at least. xD
Posted by EthicsPhilosopher 3 years ago
EthicsPhilosopher
errr...... yaa......
Posted by Subutai 3 years ago
Subutai
What?
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Thanks for that, ball of hate. It's good to know there's a just god out there.
Posted by Subutai 3 years ago
Subutai
I'll accept this debate if you make the first round for acceptance. You have the BoP, as you are affirming a positive resolution. In other words, you should be presenting argument first.
Posted by DebaterMaster18088 3 years ago
DebaterMaster18088
Buddhism and Hinduism actually have a lot of differences
Posted by LittleBallofHATE 3 years ago
LittleBallofHATE
All have sinned, and come short of the Glory of God. You can be the most moral person on earth, and still go to hell.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
I'm looking forward to this debate, though I am a bit confused. I thought both religions followed similar traditions, generally practice pluralism, and usually aren't considered to be mutually-exclusive...
Vote Placed by rross 3 years ago
rross
DebaterMaster18088EthicsPhilosopherTied
Reasons for voting decision: Oh well. This might have been an interesting debate although I don't see how Pro could have sustained the BoP.
Vote Placed by Geogeer 3 years ago
Geogeer
DebaterMaster18088EthicsPhilosopherTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeits, Con wins.