LCS_TYBDL
E115EnRaged935

Hiroshima - Justifiable?

LCS_TYBDL

Con

Recently, the last remaining crew member in the droppings of the atomic bomb died, 69 years after the bombings. Thus, I think this is a good opportunity to debate whether the droppings were justified given the circumstances.

It is my belief that the droppings were NOT necessary for swift conclusion of the war, and that the bombings were not only morally unjustifiable, but was an appalling crime against humanity, a blatant violation of international law, as it disregarded the rights of the citizens who lived in the two ill-fated cities.
E115EnRaged935

Pro

Yes and no. Well first, without the bombings of hiroshima, we would have never learned what nuclear bombs could do to a populated area, Japan would have never cowered and become the peaceful nation they are today, Japan respects us now, they want to teach the world peace. What would they be like if we never dropped the bombs? That would not be a good thing. I do not believe it was a good thing, no. I mean, thousands and thousands and thousands of people died, innocent people, families. But still, it was worth it in the long run. It not only taught Japan peace and respect, but also the entire world in terms of nuclear power and respect. So yes, I believe it was justifiable.
LCS_TYBDL

Con

LCS_TYBDL forfeited this round.
E115EnRaged935

Pro

E115EnRaged935 forfeited this round.
LCS_TYBDL

Con

LCS_TYBDL forfeited this round.
E115EnRaged935

Pro

E115EnRaged935 forfeited this round.
LCS_TYBDL

Con

LCS_TYBDL forfeited this round.
E115EnRaged935

Pro

E115EnRaged935 forfeited this round.