trippledubs
Cancelled by Instigator
Open Debate

Historical Debate - Malcolm X VS. Martin Luther King Jr -

Do you like this debate?NoYes-4
Debate Cancelled
This debate was cancelled by the Instigator. If you are trippledubs, login to see your options.
Started: 1/18/2012 Category: Society
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Cancelled by Instigator
Viewed: 1,770 times Debate No: 20459

trippledubs

Pro

This debate will center around two controversial figures, MLK and Malcolm X.

I will try to advance a black separatist violent revolution (Malcolm X)

Con will try to advance a peaceful nonviolent revolution (MLK JR)

This debate occurs during the racial tensions in the 60s. Most of the citing should be their written speeches, but scientific studies and historical analysis of the worthiness of their beliefs can also be used (past or present).

1st Round for Acceptance Only
2nd Round constructive
3rd round argue
4th round No new arguments
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
This round has not been posted yet.
17 comments have been posted on this debate. Showing 11 through 17 records.
Posted by ConservativePolitico 2 years ago
ConservativePolitico
Easy win for Con...

MLK succeded... X didn't...
Posted by trippledubs 2 years ago
trippledubs
which I will change for anyone that has meaningful history in their account. ie I'm not going to debate anyone that I don't think is legit
Posted by trippledubs 2 years ago
trippledubs
I don't believe there is an age limit, but I did intentionally put in a debate limit
Posted by MasterKage 2 years ago
MasterKage
He's asking you to change the age limit, not the debate limit...
Posted by trippledubs 2 years ago
trippledubs
Go participate in some debates and come back
Posted by XDebatorX 2 years ago
XDebatorX
change the age to all and I will accept
Posted by trippledubs 2 years ago
trippledubs
Let me just clarify "violent" with a quote from MX
"It doesn't mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don't call it violence when it's self-defense, I call it intelligence."
This debate has 8 more rounds before the voting begins. If you want to receive email updates for this debate, click the Add to My Favorites link at the top of the page.
Research this debate: Oliver Stone,Jamie Foxx,Dreamworks