Dagen
Leo.Messi

Hitler attempted to refine the population in his opinion and was humane according to the dictionary.

Leo.Messi

Dagen

Pro

Adolf Hitler was an Austrian-born German politician and the leader of the Nazi Party. He was chancellor of Germany from 1933 to 1945 and dictator of Nazi Germany from 1934 to 1945.

NO opinions. My opinion on Hitler is that he was a horrible person that committed In-describable crimes.

I am stating that Hitler was humane according to the dictionary and in his own opinion was attempting to refine the world.
Leo.Messi

Con

I accept. I would first like to point out the definition of refined.

"to free (as metal, sugar, or oil) from impurities or unwanted material
2
: to free from moral imperfection : elevate
3
: to improve or perfect by pruning or polishing
4
: to reduce in vigor or intensity
5
: to free from what is coarse, vulgar, or uncouth"

So Hitler murdered 6 million Jews (over 1 million of them where innocent children)-was this refining the population?

I would also like to point out that Adolf Hitler killed Gypsies, Christians, and Homosexuals because of their beliefs.
This is not "freeing(the population) from what is coarse,vulgar etc." This was a vile genocide.
The Jews (and all the other groups that where murdered) where not vulgar people, but rather peaceful assets to society.
this was not refining the population.
I will elaborate further in round 2.

Dagen

Pro

You should notice that my debate about refinement is in Hitler's opinion.

That means that Hitler believed that he was "refining" the population by ordering the execution of millions of innocent people. So for me to be correct, Only one of the following would have to be true:

1) Hitler believed the Jews and all the other victims he targeted were morally imperfect (proves #2)
2) Hitler reduced the population in vigor or intensity (proves #4)
3) Hitler believed the Jews and all the other victims he targeted were coarse, vulgar, or uncouth (proves #5)

-Imperfect= not perfect (proves the second definition)
-Moral= of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior (proves the second definition)

-Coarse= of ordinary or inferior quality or value (proves the fifth definition)

-Vigor= strength, energy, or determination (proves the sixth definition)
-Intensity= the quality or state of being intense; especially : extreme degree of strength, force, energy, or feeling
(proves the sixth definition)

I have just proved that in his own opinion, Hitler thought he was refining the population by executing everybody that was not the "master race" or anyone who was imperfect or coarse. He did so with such vigor and intensity (determination), that he was responsible for the death of over 40 million people in roughly 25 years.
(1920, the establishment of the Nazi party-1945, Hitler's death)
So to answer your question

"So Hitler murdered 6 million Jews (over 1 million of them where innocent children)-was this refining the population?"
Yes. To Hitler it was.

Now the humane part.

Humane formal definition= intended to have a civilizing or refining effect on people.
Hitler intended to refine the world of everything that he thought was lesser of a people than the "master race".
I do not need to explain what refinement is again.

I have proved my arguments correct.

REMINDER:
I do not believe Hitler was in any way morally right, or that he actually did refine the population, but in his opinion Hitler was.

SOURCES:
http://www.moreorless.net.au...
http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Leo.Messi

Con

In Hitlers opinion he was not refining the population. He was desirous of power and needed a scapegoat to get there.
As you can see-He did need somebody to pick on and blame for Germany's fall in order to get the people on his side. The Jews where already considered suspicious because of media (Anti-Semitic broadcasts), books(The Prodigals of the elders of Zion), and celebrity. Many people where jealous of the Jews because of their wealth as well. So you see, it really set the stage for the Jews to be the scapegoat for all this. Hitler knew this, and he used them in order to become powerful in his party, his country, and the world.

Here are some passages that represent my claim.
7. AS FOUNDATION FOR A NEW CURRENCY THE PROPERTY OF THOSE WHO ARE NOT OF OUR BLOOD MUST DO SERVICE. If families who have lived in Germany for a thousand years are now expropriated, we must do the same to the Jewish usurers.

8. WE DEMAND IMMEDIATE EXPULSION OF ALL JEWS WHO HAVE ENTERED GERMANY SINCE 1914, and of all those, too, who through trickery on the Stock Exchange or through other shady transactions have gained their wealth.

-speech in munich

WHAT CAUSE FINALLY HAD AMERICA TO ENTER THE WAR AGAINST GERMANY? WITH THE OUTBREAK OF THE WORLD WAR, WHICH JUDAH HAD DESIRED SO PASSIONATELY AND SO LONG, ALL THE LARGE JEWISH FIRMS OF THE UNITED STATES BEGAN SUPPLYING AMMUNITIONS. They supplied the European 'war-market' to an extent which perhaps even they themselves had never dreamed of - a gigantic harvest! Yet nothing satisfied the insatiable greed of the Jew. And so the venal press which depended upon the Stock Exchange kings began an unparalleled propaganda campaign. A GIGANTIC ORGANIZATION FOR NEWSPAPER LYING WAS BUILT UP. AND ONCE MORE IT IS A JEWISH CONCERN, THE HEARST PRESS, WHICH SET THE TONE OF THE AGITATION AGAINST GERMANY.

If he was refining the population why would he slander Jews that where not even in his country?

He really needed somebody to blame for Germany's loss in the war, tremendous debt from the treaty of Versailles, and the German's poverty. He blamed the Jews, Homosexuals, gypsies, Christians who helped Jews, whoever he needed to get more and more powerful.

Now, some may say that Hitler disliked Jews. So, he was refining the population by killing them off. While it is true that Hitler disliked, more like hated, Jews that does not necessarily mean he thought he was refining the population. Rather he saw it as killing two birds with one stone. He was killing off both his personal enemy's and creating a scapegoat to grow more powerful. He hated Jews, and he wanted to kill them because they where his enemy's, not "for the greater good of Germany" or "to refine the population".

Now to the second part of our debate. "Hitler...was humane according to the dictionary.'
The definition of 'humane" is
"characterized by tenderness, compassion, and sympathy for people and animals, especially for the suffering or distressed
2.acting in a manner that causes the least harm to people or animals

Hitler failed in according to both definitions.
He was not tender , compassionate, and had no sympathy for people, nor did he act in a manner that causes least harm to people.
He and his officials encouraged and sent over 6 million men women and children to their deaths!
He encouraged horrible acts. Experimentation(most resulting in death), Gas-Chambers, and other horrible torturous deaths.

And that is all.
Thank you for our debate.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
http://propagander2.tripod.com...
Dagen

Pro

Dagen forfeited this round.
Leo.Messi

Con

Since my opponent has forfeit, I will briefly repeat my arguments.

Vote Con!
Posted by Vajrasattva-LeRoy 2 years ago
Vajrasattva-LeRoy
I'm afraid that Hitler, the Antichrist, wasn't humane, at all.
He was, however, trying to refine humanity. (Eugenics)
The Nazis considered the Jews, Blacks, Gays, etc. , sub-humans.

However, I must take issue with Con's statement that he murdered 6 million Jews.
How many people did Hitler himself murder, if any?
Vote Placed by Mikal 2 years ago
Mikal
DagenLeo.MessiTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff