zach12
ELOCMADA

Hitler should go to Hell

ELOCMADA

zach12

Con

Hitler should not go to Hell because evil is a point of view. I could see Hitler as evil because he indirectly murdered millions of Jews, homosexuals, and gypsies, among other types of people.
Or I could see his actions as justified. He was trying to improve his country (And the ones he annexed) through the removal of undesireable persons. In his mind he was removing a blight to his country, much like removing a stain from clothing. Would the cleaner be evil because the stain is being treated unfairly?
ELOCMADA

Pro

Before we begin I have one question, how can you argue that Hitler isn't evil? he clearly was selfish and opnly thought about his community and no one else.

his action cannot be justified because you cannot come up with one logical reason the killing millions of innocent people for no reason other their race, religion, or what they look like.
zach12

Con

What is evil? Who can define evil? I believe Adolf Hitler was not evil because he felt he was responding to an immediate threat to himself and his country. He, as well as his whole country was embarrassed and humiliated because of the outcome of the treaty of Versailles. His country was left nearly powerless and dirt poor. Inflation was out of control; his country couldn't build an army under the treaty. Hitler was angry, as he had every right to be.
He began to hate Jews because of their relatively high standing in society. They were the rich, the influential. He saw them as taking over the country. He was responding in what he saw as a fitting punishment for the "conquerors." He was starting anew, rebuilding for a future generation of pure, non Jewish Aryans. He believed he was doing the world a favor. Paying the ultimate sacrifice for the survival of the human race.

That is why I don't believe he is evil and does not deserve a place in Hell, nor does anyone who had ever existed.

(I'm not a racist or a religious discriminator, I have nothing against Jews, or anyone else.)
ELOCMADA

Pro

Please don't get me wrong I do not he deserves a place in hell unless he did not accept Jesus Christ as his savior. I still say that he is evil though.

He was the one who was trying to take over the world so I think that that puts him on the offensive not the defensive. In
addition he killed innocent people based on their religion and for no other reason, I think that that also is the offensive not the defensive. the alliance that he had with Russia and he turned on them and tried to take control of their country. paying the ultimate sacrifice, he committed suicide!!! If killed some random innocent person walking down the street and said that I thought that I was doing the world a favor would you justify that?
zach12

Con

I would like to begin by stating that my opponent has just agreed completely to my argument. He says "Please don't get me wrong I do not he deserves a place in hell unless he did not accept Jesus Christ as his savior" The whole debate was whether or not he should go to Hell and my opponent is now saying that he shouldn't't unless he failed to accept Jesus Christ. Hitler was a Christian who openly praised Christianity in public. He was raised in a Roman Catholic home and received baptism. Seems to me that he accepted Jesus Christ as the savior and that is part of the reason he persecuted Jews, they did not accept Jesus Christ.

According to my opponent, Hitler is now a step above Jews spiritually. He accepts Jesus, the Jews do not. How then, can he be evil?

You say he murdered all these innocent Jews. We're they so innocent? Most of them were, I will give you that. However there were about 15,000 Jews Hitler believed to be "Corrupting Germany" They urged surrender and submission, something Hitler saw as extremely cowardly and despicable.

Also, God, according to the bible, "killed" 3,000 men for their worshiping the golden calf at the foot of Mount Sinai. God is right in the middle of carving the Commandment "Thou Shall Not Kill" And he turns around and tells the men worshiping the golden calf to strap swords to their sides and kill each brother.

Then he [Moses] said to them, "This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. – Exodus 32

This seems like murder on account of religion to me. And in response to your comment about whether I would defend a person walking down the street and killing a person while claiming they were saving the world, I would ask the question "Do you really believe that?" They would most likely say no and it would be murder only to prove the point of whether or not some person on debate.org would justify it.
ELOCMADA

Pro

Even though you say you are christian you can still be Evil or a better word corrupt. If you kill people based on their religion which is against the bible. You said that Jews were corrupting Germany but you also said he was a Christan so why if he was a christian why did he kill all these people FOR BEING A JEW! None of this shows that he is a christian or fallowed his way so he clearly shows that he did not fully believe it with his heart soul and mind therefore not a christian.

Please tell me what version of the bible you are reading because none of mine say that.
Posted by sadolite 8 years ago
sadolite
There is a solution to limiting war on the US's part but that was rescinded by Jimmy Carter. The US just used to assasinate evil people after WW2 that threatened the US quietly and discretely, They just disappeared, no fuss no muss.
Posted by sadolite 8 years ago
sadolite
Hitlers military also killed 20+ million Russians too. Wonder why that is left out of almost all of the history books. That's three times as many Russians as Jews, not to take anything away from the Jewish plight at that time. Hitler was one evil sob. That history is going to repeat itself by the way in the next 15 or twenty years because the new generation can't tell the difference between good and evil. It simply just doesn't exist anymore as the concept of god that defines good and evil is mocked at every turn in society today. Just look at the latest conflict between Hamas and Israel. Israel has minor collateral damage trying to target Hamas leadership and the response is. "Is it OK for Israel to bomb UN schools and civilians" as if they did it on purpose. Today's generation sees no moral difference between unintentional collateral damage and an intentional and direct targeting of civilians. That is a hopeless situation and defies all logic.
Posted by Maya9 8 years ago
Maya9
Pretty hard to make a good argument when you fail to define the most crucial part of the argument.
Posted by zach12 8 years ago
zach12
The only reason my opponent is winning is because everyone is biased against hitler. I clearly put forth better arguments
Posted by Ragnar_Rahl 8 years ago
Ragnar_Rahl
"he clearly was selfish"
Hitler put the OPPOSITE system of morality from selfishness, altruism, into political practice. The essence of Nazism is the sacrifice of self to race.

He committed suicide. Suicide is clearly not in one's self-interest.
Posted by Maya9 8 years ago
Maya9
You know who else was a Christian? Jeffrey Dahmer. He accepted Christ in prison and was even baptized. If that's the kind of person that hangs around in heaven, I think I'll pass.
Posted by zach12 8 years ago
zach12
Sorry about failing to provide definitions. This was my very first debate on this site and didn't even think about that.
Posted by zach12 8 years ago
zach12
He was a Christian and despite the fact that he didn't often attend mass, he openly and publicly praised the Christian faith.
Posted by beem0r 8 years ago
beem0r
What religion was Hitler, again?
Posted by DATCMOTO 8 years ago
DATCMOTO
A little CHRISTIAN CLARITY..
Getting into, or failing to get into, heaven ( or Eternity.. ) has absolutely NOTHING to do with being good or bad..
When Christ hung on that cross he bore EVERY sin ( including, along with Hitler's, yours and mine..) so that " WHOEVER believes in Him shall have eternal Life. "
If we are standing in court charged with a crime and someone offers to 'pay the fine' we have to 'accept the offer' or pay the penalty.
Unless Hitler accepted Christ's atonement in his last hours ( unlikely.. ) then he will not be in the afterlife.
Hell is THE ABSENCE OF GOD.
Vote Placed by saamanthagrl 8 years ago
saamanthagrl
zach12ELOCMADATied
Vote Placed by zach12 8 years ago
zach12
zach12ELOCMADATied
Vote Placed by hauki20 8 years ago
hauki20
zach12ELOCMADATied
Vote Placed by Wii_Master_Nin 8 years ago
Wii_Master_Nin
zach12ELOCMADATied
Vote Placed by SunnySide 8 years ago
SunnySide
zach12ELOCMADATied
Vote Placed by heckler 8 years ago
heckler
zach12ELOCMADATied
Vote Placed by TheSexicanMexican 8 years ago
TheSexicanMexican
zach12ELOCMADATied
Vote Placed by EugeneZ 8 years ago
EugeneZ
zach12ELOCMADATied
Vote Placed by bgruber93 8 years ago
bgruber93
zach12ELOCMADATied
Vote Placed by Go_Halos 8 years ago
Go_Halos
zach12ELOCMADATied