victoriaronan
Hawkeye117

Hitler was a Great Leader

victoriaronan

victoriaronan

Pro

In this debate, I will be able to argue that Hitler was in fact, a great leader (one of the best in the history books) and saved Germany.
Hawkeye117

Con

Hi there victoriaronan i well accept your debate and I well allow you the opening statement. Good luck and lets have fun with this
victoriaronan

Pro

For one, Hitler was a very compassionate person. To my collections, he had no intention of killing the Jews, if he had he would have covered it in Mein Kampf. He put the Jews in containment camps to allow the German economic market to breathe. At a feast with Mao and other world leaders, Hitler had ordered "peasant's food" and when asked why he did this, he responded somewhere along the lines of 'If my people cannot be wealthy, nor can I.' He cared deeply of his people. Hitler was a humble man, compared to many politicians nowadays and other countries who do not rise to power, but have it given to them on a silver platter. Hitler EARNED his leadership status. Did you know that Hitler and Gandhi often corresponded? Why would such a peaceful man correspond with a so-called evil man, if he was not doing what was right?
Secondly, Hitler saved the German economy (which is much more than most leaders can say). One US dollar was 4.2 million Deustch Marks before Hitler. Under Hitler's power, the Germans went back to work and created a plethora of economically stabilizing ideas. The VW Beetle is based off of Hitler's ideas, welfare programs are based off Hitler's ideas, Hitler was an avid supporter of the Autoban. Without Hitler as a leader, man would never have landed on the moon in 1969. Rockets evolved out of Nazi Germany.
Hitler was not a bad leader, and does not deserve the "evil" title. Especially in comparison to leaders today. It baffles me that people today can shove the atrocities of Martin Luther King, John F. Kennedy, and other leaders under the rug, but when it comes to saving an entire country, one man is stripped of his brilliance and compassion, for one miscalculation.
Hawkeye117

Con

Ok I hear where you"re coming from Hitler in the beginning at least was a goodish man and for you saying Hitler had no intentions to kill the Jews your thoughts might be a little squiwed as after being rejected from art school Hitler found and joined an anti-sematic group and the point of weighting Mein Kamph was for Hitler to wright an auto biography about his struggles about trying to get into power by over throwing the government of Germany and was sent to jail where he wrote Mein kampf (my struggle in German). And yes I can"t deny that Hitler cared for some of his people as you should know that after serving in WWI Hitler was deeply angered by the allies for putting such harsh punishments on Germany. These punishments did bankrupt the German economy as they had to pay back 50 billion marks which actually was finally paid off October 3, 2010. and with the American recession the Americans asked the French and British for money that they owed them but the French and British didn"t have the money so they went to Germany and Germany couldn"t pay up and kept printing German marks to the point they could be used at toilet paper I don"t know about your actual comparison to the American dollar but it was high. Back on track though Hitler seized the opportunity to get Germany back to her former glory and promised to the people he would and once in power exploited the Jewish people and used them as a way to get the people to unite under him saying that the Jews are all rich and there the cause for us being so poor and all of our problems can be blamed on the Jews and that"s when the Ghettos were established and later as we all know as the Holocaust sure Heinrich Himmler ran the concentration camps and the death camps but this was all under Hitler"s command and rule and you also forget that it was Hitler that said all Jews, gays, gypsies, and other non "normal" people. And yes we got the Rocket from Nazi Germany with Wernher von Braun as the key player but do you remember what the original porpoise of these rockets. If not I well remind you of the VI and V2 rockets the VI buzz bomb and the V2 rockets were used reign terror on the British as thousands were launched killing thousands all in the name in vengeance everything Hitler did after taking over Poland was to get vengeance on France and Brittan I mean why did the Luftwaffe be defeated so easily because it was mostly made of bombers which many of them were destroyed during the battle of Brittan hell Hitler's scientist even made the V3 with was a projectile forced along a long tube by many controlled explosions and he wanted this weapon to be made specifically to kill civilians. So all of that proves that he wasn"t a caring person. Hitler wasn"t a great leader at all he was stupid and naive and here"s why. Hitler was focused on vengeance not nessicarly how to win the war but vengeance I say that because he made most of his air force bombers few fighters and the ME-262 came around (the first jet fighter used in combat) he wanted it to be turned into a bomber a task that it want made for instead he could have used it to take out the hundreds of allied bombers that were decimating Germany and her economy. He also could have used the V1 buzz bomb as a way to shoot bombers out of the sky the V1 was cheap and easy to mass produce but instead Hitler wanted the V2 the first ICBM that carried one ton of explosives and wanted it to be used at to continue bombing Brittan and few other targets but by the time the allies hit the main land and started pushing in the bombers and ground units destroyed the launch sights an prevented the launch of further V2's and not to forget the V2 stood for vengeance weapon 2 was hard to make very costly to make and hard to mass produce epically on Germanys dwindling supplies. So with the wonder weapons aside Hitler also put most of Germanys money into building absurd tanks like the Elephant the Tiger II, the Maus, and other projects instead of mass producing the panther or the Tiger both if mass produced could have changed the course of the ground war there was even a quote from a famous German tank ace saying "one of our tigers is seven of your Sherman"s, but there"s always and eight and helped cause the downfall of Nazi Germany. That all being said Germany could barely produce enough petroleum to keep their military afloat even being reduced to use synthetic fuel but it still wouldn"t last and the Nazi war machine was grinding to a halt. Well we all remember the pact Hitler made with Stalin to have a neutral act between the two but Germany needed fuel so Hitler devised the plan Operation Barbosa a plan to take over the soviet controlled Caucuses to have a near unlimited supply of fuel but Hitler miss calculated the amount of man power he would need and sent too few which lead to the defeat at Stalingrad and later Leningrad then opening the eastern front and thus sealing Nazi Germanys fate. All the while Hitler could have not gone with Operation Barbosa and instead go through Africa to the middle east to Iraq Saudi Arabia and easily gotten more fuel and won the war. If you look at this plan you would see the Desert Fox was defeating the British and American forces in Africa but was still lacking supplies and man power and loosing tanks and later succumbed to this but if Hitler just backed up Erwin Rommel with the forces that would have fought the Soviet forces they could have easily kicked out the allies on Africa then went through the Middle East and gotten all the oil they would ever need to sustain their war machine and the best part this was one of Hitler"s plan but part of the Nazi ways is hating Communism that a fact and Hitler thought with Stalin"s constant famines and all that "The Soviets are nothing but a withering husk a rotting shell all they need is a good kick and they well fall" well if you look at history not only was Hitler vastly mistaken but also caused the down fall of Nazi Germany with them fighting the full might of the soviet forces on the east and the British and American joint forces on the west and fighting two fronts one well equipped and pissed (the west) and on the other end an advisory that was pissed willing to risk everything to win and would not stop at any cost to beat the Germans (you guessed it the soviets) and all this covers how Hitler was not a great leader I can"t wait to see your response and here are my sources if your curious:
http://www.history.com...
http://www.history.com...
My own knowledge I"m kind of a WWII freak/ nerd
victoriaronan

Pro

victoriaronan forfeited this round.
Hawkeye117

Con

Hawkeye117 forfeited this round.
victoriaronan

Pro

victoriaronan forfeited this round.
Hawkeye117

Con

so as you all can see my opponent has forfeited both rounds I didn't respond last time for respect of my opponent and as you can see she has given up on this debate. I hope y'all vote for the right person see the debate and see who did better.
Posted by Adam2 2 years ago
Adam2
I'm shocked that you bring up JFK and MLK. I thought people who admired Hitler loved them too.
I thought you were gonna say shove the atrocities of the Brits and Danes, as those are the real atrocities causers
Posted by Hawkeye117 2 years ago
Hawkeye117
So I have read what you guys have said for my debate but if you read all of my debate then you would see that I did make a valid argument that Hitler was a bad leader as in saying the tactical mistakes that he made which caused him to lose the war like operation Barbarossa or how poorly planned the Luftwaffe was made and yes Hitler was the leader of the entire German military and he made all of the decisions and only he could make orders or approve ops and no one had more power than him I clearly stated this so I hope people well read it all and see I did stay on topic and debated well.
Posted by Frikcha 2 years ago
Frikcha
Hitler had determination and persistence like no other leader seen for a long time. I'm not extremely confident with my nazi history but i do remember hitler having no intention of genocide. I believe power corrupted him to some point but since many of the nazi atrocities were committed without his knowledge. Although in the long run he did nearly wipe out a whole race the debate is weather or not he was a good leader and he was one of the greatest leaders of history.
(my friends also commented that his high score was beaten by stalin (if you know what i mean))
Posted by angryduck 2 years ago
angryduck
Hitler was bad and evil. No revisionist theory is likely to change that. His policies inflicted death on all around him.
Posted by ESocialBookworm 2 years ago
ESocialBookworm
Interesting. I love people who have unusual or unique thoughts and beliefs.
Posted by Mistress 2 years ago
Mistress
It's good that someone else believes that Hitler was a great leader, too. He was also a monumental public speaker. His speeches were powerful and moving.
Vote Placed by Seeginomikata 2 years ago
Seeginomikata
victoriaronanHawkeye117Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Even though pro forfeited the last two rounds, I still think pro deserves the win, because con made no relevant case. This debate is about leadership characteristics and how they may or may not have applied to Hitler. Hitler was not a strategist, nor very moral, but he was a leader. Con argument completely ignored the debate, and as such counts as a forfeit.
Vote Placed by Jacob_Bauman 2 years ago
Jacob_Bauman
victoriaronanHawkeye117Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I believe that he was, in fact(other than killing millions), a "good leader" as good leaders go. Yeah, he saved the German economy. He also killed millions. The bad kinda outways the good in history. Although, Stalin and Mao did the same. Hitler did it during a very "trying" time. Even though he was a fascist scumbag, he did well with economy saving... for a capitalist, fascist, Nazi pig.
Vote Placed by Iamaconfederate 2 years ago
Iamaconfederate
victoriaronanHawkeye117Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm not a Nazi but pro has some very good points.
Vote Placed by Swagmasterpoopoo 2 years ago
Swagmasterpoopoo
victoriaronanHawkeye117Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con since he forfeited to allow Pro a chance, but Pro still forefited more rounds. Thought arguments were better for Con. Sources to Con as well since he actually had some