PatriotPerson
Cats14

Hitler was a great leader, until he went all crazy.

PatriotPerson

Pro

I believe that Hitler was a great leader until he went all crazy (by crazy, I mean near genocide). My opponent will argue that Hitler was NEVER a great leader.

Five rounds. First is for acceptance.

Knock yourself out.
Cats14

Con

Okay PatriotPerson, I will go against you. Show me what you think.
PatriotPerson

Pro

Hitler is commonly taken to be a monster and an evil dictator for his role in the Holocaust, and that is somewhat a valid claim. However, Hitler was not nearly as evil. That is why I added the "until he went all crazy". I will start this debate off by naming two good things Hitler did.

1. Banning of Vivisection
Nazi Germany was the first country in the world to ban vivisection, enacting a total ban in April 1933. (Note that this is approximately six years before the war began). High ranking Nazis such as Hermann Goring, Heinrich Himmler and Adolf Hitler were very concerned about animal conservation, particularly pertaining as to how animals were butchered.

2. Anti-Tobacco Movement
Hitler was very much against smoking, it is rumored that he was so much against it that he couldn't even stand someone lighting up in the same room. Hitler banned smoking tobacco in restaurants and public transportation systems, as well as highly increasing tobacco taxes. Hitler also urged for propaganda to be released against smoking. One of the few propaganda posters is shown below, clearly showing a cigarette eating a man with monstrous teeth.

http://upload.wikimedia.org...

The text on it is (obviously) in German, so I'll translate it:

"Not he, she eats him!
Headline: The chain-smoking" (sorry if that's a bit rusty, I used Google Translate).
Cats14

Con

Cats14 forfeited this round.
PatriotPerson

Pro

PatriotPerson forfeited this round.
Cats14

Con

Cats14 forfeited this round.
PatriotPerson

Pro

PatriotPerson forfeited this round.
Cats14

Con

Cats14 forfeited this round.
Cats14

Con

Cats14 forfeited this round.
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
Jacob, don't tell me how to run my own debate.
Posted by GudjonN 3 years ago
GudjonN
Should be good.
Posted by sushikamakazze 3 years ago
sushikamakazze
I agree, he was a very brilliant man, until of course he decided he didnt like certain people. He was in the process of being ordained to be a Roman Catholic priest and was a very skilled artist. Also even when he went "crazy" he still was very brilliant considering that he won over a whole nation.
Posted by JacobAnderson 3 years ago
JacobAnderson
No. If I said I was crazy until I got my medication, someone would have to prove I was crazy even after I got my medication. Clearly if your intentions were to make the con prove Hotler was a bad leader, you really used the wrong wording.
Posted by AthenaMusic10 3 years ago
AthenaMusic10
I don't think he was a really good leader because the only reason people fought for him was that he made them take like drugs and stuff to make them think they were not killing a bunch of innocent people.
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
Doesn't matter. What matters is the things he did.
Posted by Jifpop09 3 years ago
Jifpop09
Yeah, because Fascism is a great ideology, lol.
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
No, con has to prove that Hitler wasn't EVER a good leader.
Posted by JacobAnderson 3 years ago
JacobAnderson
Actually, the con has to prove that he was a great leader even after he went "all crazy."
Posted by Cats14 3 years ago
Cats14
Get me on this