CommanderTaco
Mirza

Hitler was a hero

Mirza

CommanderTaco

Pro

Many people in today's society see Hitler as an evil person but I am here to prove that Hitler was a hero I am not for the gruesome things Hitler did to Jews, gypsies, and handicaps and such but Hitler helped out people so much even at one point in history Hitler was a well known hero and I am here today to shed light on the heroic deeds of Hitler.
Hero: a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
http://dictionary.reference.com...
Hitler:http://www.solarnavigator.net...
If my opponent doesn't mind I would like to let them take the first speech and tell why Hitler was evil, and I thank whomever accepts this debate.
Mirza

Con

----------------
1. Introduction
----------------
I thank my opponent for starting this debate. I disagree with anybody who says that Adolf Hitler[1] was a hero. Although this is what we technically should be debating about, my opponent wrote in a comment, "... all my opponent has to do is prove that Hitler should not be regarded as a hero or was a bad person, something to that effect." -- Which means that I am allowed to prove that Hitler was a bad person. I will try to do that, and I hope that this debate becomes very interesting for the readers.

-----------------------------------------------------
2. Why Adolf Hitler was not a good person/hero
The subject we are debating is about Hitler being a hero, or a good person, but a person who is considered being a hero is not necessarily a hero to everybody. It is a matter of opinion, and people have different opinions. Hitler did things that most people consider being exceptionally inhumane and catastrophic. Due to this, some people like myself consider Hitler having been a horrible man, and in no way a hero. However, there are people who do consider him being a hero, perhaps because they think his actions were justified, or because they for some reason like him so much that they support all that he did.

In my opinion, for a thing or person to be considered being good, the positive sides must outweigh the negative sides, meaning that positive things should be more "visible" than negative things. For example, if any action of a person gives him 50 points, good action to the positive side, and bad action to the negative side, then a person doing two good things give him 100 points, and one bad thing giving him 50 points, which is 100[positive]>50[negative], and then he can be considered a good person. What Hitler did was not all bad. He fought for his nation, and became a leader of it[2], so politically, he can be considered a hero because he made speeches that were very convincing [giving hope to the people, and so forth][3], built a very powerful military for his people[4], and similar things. However, he also did things that make all of this seem like being used for an evil purpose.

a) He ordered the killing of countless Jews. It is knows as "Holocaust".[5][6]
b) He was the reason for why Germany was destroyed.[7]
c) He did not care about the people of Germany. You can get more information about this if you watch the movie "Der Untergang".[8]

---------------
3. Conclusion
---------------
While Hitler may be regarded as a hero to some people, most fair-minded people do not think that he was a hero, although what he achieved politically can be regarded as being heroic in some way. What he did negatively is more visible and important than what he did positively, so we should look at that, rather than to look at what he achieved politically, because what he achieved politically went to the ground in 1945.

-------------
References:
-------------
[1]http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2]http://www.fff.org...
[3]http://worldfuturefund.org...
[4]http://en.wikipedia.org...
[5]http://history1900s.about.com...
[6]http://en.wikipedia.org...
[7]http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com...
[8]http://www.imdb.com...
CommanderTaco

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for accepting my debate and now on to the debate.

my opponent states "He was the reason why Germany was destroyed." This is not neccesarily true as history tells us Germany was left in a bad state from world war 1 and other countries left Germany to suffer. With the Germans in a desperate state Hitler gave them hope and rose to power.
1.) Through Hitler's polices the German economy increased.
http://www.schoolhistory.co.uk...
2.) If it wasn't for Hitler world war 2 would have never started and the USA might not have gotten out of the depression.
3.) Weather Hitler loved his people or not, his people loved him and that gave them hope to live another day.
http://www.jrbooksonline.com...
Weather we want to admit it or not Hitler has influenced are modern culture in many ways.
Mirza

Con

To begin with, my opponent said that Hitler did not necessarily destroy Germany, because it was in a bad state from World War I already. I say that waging war against several countries, killing millions of people, and giving false hope to the citizens of Germany was not something that should have brought Germany out of a bad state. The people of Germany at that time wanted their country to be stable again, so they saw Hitler as being one who could solve all the problems, because he gave good, convincing speeches. However, no matter how convincing his speeches were, his plans to rule over Europe and slaughter innocent people cannot be justified. As I said before, what he achieved went to the ground in 1945. This means that whatever grew and became strong, vanished in 1945, hereby the financial growth my opponent mentioned.

Moving on, my opponent staid that had it not been for Hitler, World War II would not have started, and USA might not have gotten out of depression. Let me ask: Is it good that the U.S. got out of the hard financial times, while over 50 million people died? Weren't there other ways to fix the economy? There were, indeed. Even thought it may have taken much longer, it was not impossible at all. Today, we have a world financial crisis, which is worse than the Great Depression, yet no fair-minded person I've heard of would want to kill numerous people to solve the problem Rather, there we must find other ways which are peaceful, and luckily it seems like we are able to follow the road to stability.

Lastly, my opponent said that whether or not Hitler loved his people or not, they loved him, and that gave them hope to live another day. I've mentioned before that what he promised was no fulfilled, rather it was all a big, false promise to the people. And just because he influenced our modern culture in many ways does not mean that he was a good person.
CommanderTaco

Pro

My opponent argues "it was a big false promise to the people"
1.)Hitler gave Germans hope, Germans were ashamed of themselves because of being forced to take the blame of world war 1, at that time no one wanted to be a German but Hitler made the Germans proud of being German.
2.)Hitler tore up the treaty of Versailles which took land from the Germans unfairly, Hitler gained back the land that was stolen from the Germans
3.)Hitler made Germany's military power strong.
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk...
Mirza

Con

Mirza forfeited this round.
CommanderTaco

Pro

It seems to be my opponent has forfeited a round, Hopefully he will debate in our final round and I wish him luck, let's begin shall we.

1.) Hitler may not be seen as a hero because of how big the holocaust was, but all the little things Hitler did helped out Germany even if his intentions were evil.
2.) Hitler helped to bring Germany out of a depression which was way worse then our great depression, and made their military power strong.
3.) Hitler took back land that was taken from Germany unfairly and made Germans proud of being who they were.

I wish my opponent luck in our final round, and hope the readers enjoyed this debate.
Mirza

Con

I apologize for forfeiting the previous round. I was busy then and so am I now, so I'll respond quickly.

1. My opponent said that those things Hitler did helped Germany out of problems, even though his intentions were evil. My opponent should understand that Hitler did bring Germany out of some problems, but the ship Germany was sailing avoided waves but not the iceberg. It means that the course Hitler chose for Germany was leading it to destruction, even though it also helped avoiding/solving some problems.

2. As I said before, all those good things Hitler did disappeared almost in no time, which led Germany into a state of destruction and occupation. The military was strong, but in the middle of 1945 it was very weak. The economy grew stronger, but in 1945 it went down.

3. As for Germans being proud of who they were due to Hitler, I think it's the opposite. It may be that they were proud whilst they believed in Hitler, but when the game was over, their land was occupied for a very long time, and Germany was bombed from all sides.
Posted by Ninja_Tru 7 years ago
Ninja_Tru
My point in that last comment is that Hitler had some really, really strong leadership traits to observe.
Posted by Ninja_Tru 7 years ago
Ninja_Tru
Everyone should keep in mind that Hitler *did* make Time's Man of the Year in 1939, so he was definitely good at something.

-Hitler became chancellor in 1933, FDR was elected in 1932, and Prime Minister Ramsay MacDonald of England was elected in 1931 (with Prime Minister Stanley Baldwin in 1935 and Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain in 1937). Of these three leaders (or group of leaders), Hitler was the only one who completely turned the German economy around and brought it to prosperity by 1939 (when he won the award). This was an even more difficult situation for him than the other two countries because (besides the bankrupt German state and many other factors like currency rate) when Hitler became chancellor, Germany had 30% unemployment while Great Britain had 20% and the US 25%. (1) But somehow he undid all of that, and in less time than the rest.

- This is why there were also Nazi sympathizers in the US during the 30's (including Charles Lindbergh) and serious suggestions of doing similar things; Hitler knew his crap when it came to domestic policy! Economists today believe that FDR may have prolonged the Great Depression with his social interventions, but Hitler's strong government pulled Germany right up out of the chaff. So, of course Time magazine and millions of Americans and Germans supported Hitler in the 30's; he got stuff done and done right! It should also be noted that nearly all the Nazi sympathizers in the US (including Lindbergh) changed their minds when the Holocaust was internationally reported in the early 40's.

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org...
Posted by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
CommanderTaco, try to make your arguments a bit longer.
Posted by tkubok 7 years ago
tkubok
What Hitler did was evil. But i find no difference to what he was doing back then, and what the US is doing to the prisoners of Iraq. Every country has its evils if one looks deep enough.
Posted by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
Hitler gave the Germans false hope. However, false hope is better than no hope at all.
Posted by Zetsubou 7 years ago
Zetsubou
"He did not care about the people of Germany. You can get more information about this if you watch the movie "Der Untergang".[8]"

I doubt this very much.
Hitler? Not Caring? If anything, Hitler cared and loved himself and his people too much. I don't need to watch Der Untergang to know the theory is crap. Anyway, If he didn't care about Germany and Aryans what did he care about? Power?

Goodluck n' keep it up.
Posted by InsertNameHere 7 years ago
InsertNameHere
lol, Hitler. He was certainly interesting. Of course his whole holocaust and racial purity thing was evil, but besides that he was a decent statesman. His charisma while speaking was incredible and he certainly helped to get Germany out of the depression. Of course the "undesirables" paid a huge price though...
studentathletechristian8
The point is, he was more detrimental than beneficial in the aspect of worldly affairs.

However, he was more beneficial than detrimental in the aspect of history and teaching us a lesson on how American stupidity and European dictators will result in unwanted and unprecedented disputes. (Gee, this kind of reflects the situation we have today ;)
Posted by Cody_Franklin 7 years ago
Cody_Franklin
There were plenty of other good things about him.
Posted by johngriswald 7 years ago
johngriswald
The only good thing about Hitler is that he had an uncommon mustache that is made fun of consistently by modern forms of comedy everywhere which thus supplies more lulz.
Vote Placed by wonderwoman 7 years ago
wonderwoman
CommanderTacoMirzaTied
Vote Placed by jl153 7 years ago
jl153
CommanderTacoMirzaTied
Vote Placed by ReginaldJeeves 7 years ago
ReginaldJeeves
CommanderTacoMirzaTied
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
CommanderTacoMirzaTied