VarEvidenceEqualsTrue
joshuar1996

Hitler would have won if Sino-German cooperation was not distrupted.

joshuar1996 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

VarEvidenceEqualsTrue

Pro

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO VOTERS, IF YOU ARE TO VOTE ON THIS DEBATE, YOU MUST SUBMIT A COMMENT OF AT LEAST 50 WORDS STATING WHY YOU BELIEVE THAT ONE SIDE ARGUED BETTER THAN THE OTHER SIDE, PERSONAL BIASES ARE NOT ALLOWED, IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THIS MESSAGE I WILL REPORT YOU

Today, I'm going to debate that if Hitler would have won if he had kept the pre war alliance with the Republic of China, instead of siding with Japan.

If you are not going to completely follow these rules, than do not accept this debate, if you do violate these rules, I will report you.

1: No personal insults, this rule is very strict. For example: "My opponent's ideas are dumb" or "I have therefore proved that my opponent's ideas are incorrect" are considered insults. A better way to express your ideas is: "The ideas presented in the last round is dumb". I am putting in this rule not because of political correctness, but because saying these things might distract the voter's attention.

2: No using any special fonts except bold (Don't want to distract the voters).

3: Cite all evidence, no need for fancy citations, if it is a webpage just tell state the URL, if it is a book just state the name and page number.

4: No usage of bad sources, only major websites (including wikipedia) and books with credible authors are allowed, if one side believes that the other side is using a bad source, than that side can challenge their opponent's source. Their opponent must respond to that challenge.

5: Rebuttals to all your opponent's arguments are mandatory, if you are unable to create an rebuttal against one of your opponent's argument. Than you must state that at the end of your argument.

6: No fancy organizing, please, don't write this debate like you're writing a research paper or a scientific document, don't pretend you're smarter than you are. Write this debate the way you'll normally talk. I absolutely hate it when people win debate because of their fancy organization of ideas and not the ideas themselves.

7: This is how each round will go
Round 1: Agree to these rules
Round 2: State argument (no rebuttals)
Round 3-4: Rebuttals and more argument
Round 5: Conclusion

8: And most importantly of all, stay polite ^_^

If you want to debate against me and you agree to these terms, please type I Agree in the next round. If you want to add any more rules, write that down as well.
joshuar1996

Con

hey! I agree to debate. Just do we have to source? I'm not saying im not but just in case is evidence mandatory or optional
VarEvidenceEqualsTrue

Pro

When making a claim, you need some evidence to support it. But because this is a alternative history debate, sometimes evidence will not be available. Use evidence when you can, but it's not mandatory.

Before I start my debate, some history first: At the start of the Second Sino-Japanese war, Nazi Germany and Hitler supported the Chinese Nationalists because of the historical ties between Germany and China. However, after the Chinese army suffered a series of humiliating defeats at the hands of the Japanese, Hitler decided that a stronger, more modern ally is better than a weak and defeated ally. So Hitler allied with Japan instead. Hitler also expected that Japan would help him in his invasion of the Soviet Union, which contrary to popular belief, Japan did try, but failed miserably in, so Japan was forced to sign a non-aggression pact between themselves and the Soviet Union, Hitler also did not anticipate that Japan would drag America into the war.

Today I will debate that if Hitler would have kept the alliance between themselves and Nationalist China, they're would have won WWII. Why? Because of three reasons, 1: No America 2: No continued lend-lease after pearl harbor & 3: Chinese man-power and raw material support.

Assuming that Hitler supports China, Germany would have declared war against The Empire of Japan, presumably after a victory (example: the surrender of France). However, Germany would only be able to give the Chinese political support and not any military support because of the huge amounts of hostile territory between them, especially after Hitler invaded the Soviet Union.

In our timeliness, the Soviet Union manages to turn the tide of WWII after the victory at Stalingrad. But I believe that the turning of the tide is impossible without the 7000 tanks 11400 aircraft and 412000 armored trucks and vehicles, given to the Soviet Union by the United States under the Lend-Lease act. [1] At the start of operation barbarossa [2], Nazi Germany completely destroyed Stalin's air force, and the Nazis would have had complete aerial superiority if America did not give the Soviet all those planes. But in a timeline in which Nazi Germany is fighting the Japanese, America would not fight the Germans or help the Soviet union. And since the enemy of my enemy is my friend, Nazi Germany might even be considered as America's friend after Pearl Harbor.

Without American support, I believe that the Soviet Union will be unable to turn the tide, and after the Japanese are defeated by the Americans and the Chinese (Much earlier in this timeline, because America does not need to spend troops in Africa and Europe), the Chinese will be able to supply Germany with raw materials and a population. I believe that in this alternative timeline the Soviet Union will be defeated and conquered, and than Great Britain. America will stop fighting after Japan is defeated, and Nazi Germany will win.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org...
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org...