theawesomeguy
theawesomeguy2

Hockey is better then basketball

Started: 4/17/2014 Category: Sports

theawesomeguy

Pro

FIrst round will be accepting the debate and the definition. Second round will be one point. Third round will be 2 new points and NO rebuttals. Fourth round is rebuttals and summarizing points. The definition of hockey is ice hockey only, such as the NHL. Basketball is like the NBA. Good luck to theawesomeguy2, and this will be the first debate out of our best out of 3 debate!
theawesomeguy2

Con

I accept the debate and the definition. Good luck theawesomeguy and I can't wait to see your points!
theawesomeguy

Pro

Hello. For my first point, hockey is more exciting to watch. In a hockey game, pucks get shot at sometimes 100+ km per hour. In a game of basketball, all you need to watch is some people dribbling the basketball, and shooting from 3 feet from the net. The ball is extremely slow and its not fun to watch. In hockey, you hear the crowd suck in there breath thousands of times in a game. In basketball, the only fun part to watch is the time when someone slams dunk the ball. Dear readers, it is for these reasons why hockey is better then basketball
theawesomeguy2

Con

theawesomeguy2 forfeited this round.
theawesomeguy

Pro

My friend, forfeited the round? Not like you, but I will continue on. Both the NHL and NBA have stars. In the NBA however, superstars drive everything. You don't hear much about teams. Instead, you hear about Lebron James and Kobe Bryant. An NBA teams is only as good as the superstar who leads it. That is why you see James and Bryant taking the majority of the shots. In hockey though, superstars can't do everything. Sure, players like Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin are famous, but they play almost as much as other people. Hockey has a lot of shift changes, so your team needs to be deep in order to be successful. For my second point, hockey is more Canadian and American, compared to basketball which is more American. The NHL has the Vancouver Canucks, the Edmonton oilers, the Calgary flames, the Toronto maple leafs, the Montreal Canadians, Winnipeg Jets and the Ottawa Senators. The only Canadian team in the NBA is the Toronto Raptors. In the Olympics, hockey is played by the Canadians and Americans. In basketball, only the Americans play in the Olympics. This is why this resolution must most definitely go to Pro. Thank you.
theawesomeguy2

Con

Sorry, I had camping trips, so I couldn't post my round. Anyway, for my 2 points, the first one is that sure, people complain about the last couple minutes of a Basketball game taking forever, but you have to remember that that game can also probably be decided in those minutes. Occasionally teams get beat big from start to finish but all it takes is a hot streak to get a team right back in it. Sure, pulling the goalie down 2 is exciting. But its more exciting if there's a chance of winning. Sorry, but thats all I have time for. Another camp.
theawesomeguy

Pro

theawesomeguy forfeited this round.
theawesomeguy2

Con

theawesomeguy2 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by DarthKirones 3 years ago
DarthKirones
theawesomeguytheawesomeguy2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ...