grube130
PiercedPanda

Holiday Store openings

PiercedPanda

grube130

Con

Stores should NOT be open on holidays especially black Friday.
PiercedPanda

Pro

Hello con, I will be debating in favour of holiday stores to be opened on holidays. Since con did not mention and arguments, I only find it fair to treat this round as acceptance. I thank con for creating this debate. Good luck.
grube130

Con

grube130 forfeited this round.
PiercedPanda

Pro

Since my opponent forfeited, I will make a quick argument to make things fair, and to save time. When stores are open on the holidays, things go on sale. When things are on sale, people can get items for less. This is better for people, and saves people money.
grube130

Con

Well families cant spend much time with their families forcing the families to change plans.
PiercedPanda

Pro

I guess I will do a longer argument now that my opponent has finally responded. I will do my best to not write to much, because I find it unfair to my opponent. Perhaps he is new, or wants a quick easy arguments. I have seen people going all out, like otakujordan. I find this unfair and unnecessary, it is a waste of time, and unfair to the opponents. [1]

Rebuttals:

"Well families cant spend much time with their families forcing the families to change plans."

Why can't families spend time together? They can go to the stores together, something I always do. Also, if the families change plans, you are implying they would spend time together later. They would still end up together. In addition, people don't have to go to stores during holidays, it is their decision.

Arguments:

For this arguments, I will be explaining 3 basic points, one of which I have already mentioned, but I would like to embellish. More pay, and cheaper prices, and emergencies.

That chocolate you need to buy for someone special, the presents you need to buy for that little rugrat, all of these items are usually sold on holidays like Christmas, and valentines day. And what comes with holidays that everyone loves? Not the lack of work, not the nice people, but the sales. During holidays, things go on sale, which is what everyone loves, because it is cheaper. Cheaper is better. In doing so, people of all incomes can purchase items, without having any financial issues. This is the beauty of holidays, there are sales, so people can get more objects. This is a great thing, because people save money. And though may love it, the employees love it as well.

During holidays, things get a little crazy. This is actually a good thing. Since things get crazy, more employees are called in, and they get more hours. This gives more money for all employees. Not only that, but with the sales, employees can add their employee discount, and purchase items for practically free.

And lastly emergencies. Emergencies happen all the time, no matter what time of the year, including holidays. Take the ice storm in Toronto on Christmas in 2013. This happened very recently. [1] These people were freezing, and out of power all over the city. They needed food, water, clothing, salt, gas etc.. Now let's say the stores were closed the the holidays, they would all be in huge trouble! Imagine that, out of power freezing in your house, all your food spoiled because you have no electricity to store it, and you can't even get emergency supplies! This would be terrible.

So in conclusion, stores being open on the holidays would not only be beneficial to both sides of the commerce, but it can also be life saving.

Back to you con.

source:
1.http://www.debate.org...
2.http://www.thestar.com...
grube130

Con

grube130 forfeited this round.
PiercedPanda

Pro

Extended.
grube130

Con

grube130 forfeited this round.
PiercedPanda

Pro

in conclusion holiday store openings are good.
Posted by clashofclans 3 years ago
clashofclans
Hi
Posted by The_Scapegoat_bleats 3 years ago
The_Scapegoat_bleats
Why bother?
You "win" all of your debates like this: you log in as "urapai" and vote for yourself.
You could also write "boulderdash" in any round. Why do you even write anything?
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
grube130PiercedPandaTied
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
grube130PiercedPandaTied