Home Schooling can be more benaficial than Public School

The first round is for acceptance however if Con decides to post an opening argument in the first round then he/she must forfeit the last round as agreed.

I am arguing that Home Schooling should be allowed and is more beneficial to children and teens.-In America

I am glad to discuss the issue with you. I will be arguing that public education is better than home schooling.

Since it says public education, I am assuming private institutions aren't a part of the argument? (Please answer this before your first argument.)

I will post my argument, starting second round and am looking forward to an informative and productive discussion.

Thank you for accepting and yes only puvlic schools are being compared.

“More than 2 million U.S. students in grades K-12 were home-schooled in 2010, accounting for nearly four percent of all school-aged children, according to the National Home Education Research Institute. Studies suggest that those who go on to college will outperform their peers.

Students coming from a home school graduated college at a higher rate than their peers­ -- 66.7 percent compared to 57.5 percent -- and earned higher grade point averages along the way, according to a study that compared students at one doctoral university from 2004-2009.

Work Cited from-

Now this is not the only recent study

Work Cited from-

Due to character length issues I am done.

This concludes my opening argument.

Firstly, the statistics supporting home schools (such as the ones mentioned above) does not reflect on the demographics of the families that home school their children. Most importantly: how wealthy and educated are the parents, as compared to those that send their children to conventional schools?

According the statistics from:
54.1% of the families that home school their children have household income above $50,000. On the other hand, 32.2% families with children have a household income above $50,000. This clearly shows that parents that home school their children are much richer that their counterparts.

Parents who have higher income tend to put more resources and focus on the education of their children, and it is a statistically proven fact that children from higher income bracket acquire better grades and have higher graduation rate.

Also, according to statistics from: (for home schooled) (for overall)
66.3% of males and 62.1% of females who home school their children have bachelor's degree or higher. Compared to that, only 30.94% of overall population has such degrees. This shows that parents who home school their children are twice as likely to have parents with college degree/s as compared to the entire population.

Again, parents with better education have better resources, and children from families with parents who have better education tend to have better academic records.

Hence, the reason behind such statistics is that the parents of home schooled children have higher income and education level. Children of such families, whether they are home schooled or not, are proven to outperform others. Hence, those statistics simply capitalize on the proven fact that children from families with higher level of education and income tend to perform better. It does not prove that children perform better because of homeschooling.

While such statistics show the level of grades and rates, they overlook the social development of the children. Public schooling allows the children to socialize with much larger peer groups for a longer period of time. They get a chance to interact with the peers, which provides them with skills required to interact in colleges and in jobs/businesses.

Home schooled children are very prone to indoctrination. Throughout their schooling, they learn with the help of their parents. As a result, their perception of the society is largely framed by the beliefs of their parents. On the other hand, children in conventional schools are exposed to numerous teachers who have differing ideals and perceptions. As a result, they are exposed to a diverse range of ideals and values. On top of that, the curriculum in such schools is designed to make sure that correct ideas are taught in an unbiased fashion.

Hence, home schooling, in terms of overall development, is not only not better but worse.

WyattEarp19 forfeited this round.

It seems that the instigator missed his round. To make it fair, I will not post an argument in this round.

WyattEarp19 forfeited this round.

I think I too should post no arguments so that the number of turns used by each one of us remains equal.
Posted by WyattEarp19 2 years ago
I had issues with submitting my argument and had to delete a majority of it because f some weird issues even though it wasn't more than 9000 characters. I am sorry Con that this is of poorest quality and will submit a finer piece of work.
Posted by brett.winstead 2 years ago
Other than "beneficial being misspelled, this is not even a debate. Home-schooling by and large with very few exceptions is worlds better than government schooling. There are no public schools. There are government schools. All the stats that ever existed point to home-schoolers as being smarter, more articulate, well-behaved, responsible and can converse with adults 1000 times better than government-schooled kids. Better than that, they don't have the peer pressure shoved down their throats everyday nor are they a victim of being left out of the "click." This debate is not debatable. However, we should keep government schools around for no more than one reason. My home-schooled kids will need employees someday.
Posted by TetsuRiken 2 years ago
It depend on the kid I know a 13 year old that would of been better of with public but he was home schooled instead
Posted by Aeiouasdf 2 years ago
Topic is a bit ambiguous, but the instigator makes it clear in the last part of his sentence. Well, it is conflicting, but I went ahead by assuming the more sensible meaning to be the intended one.
Posted by autodidact 2 years ago
i agree with my fellow atheist. "can" is a problem.
we can think of single instances where the proposition is true as well as cases where its inverse is true.
Posted by iamanatheistandthisiswhy 2 years ago
Honestly I would, but I don"t like word "can" after all if I got the best teachers to teach you at home then it could be better than public education. However in general it most probably wont be.