DragonX
Buddamoose

Home cooked meals or covienet meals

Buddamoose

DragonX

Pro

I say home cooked meals
Buddamoose

Con

I assume of course that my peer means convenient meals.

So the definitions will be

Home-cooked: Cooked at home
Convenient: Meals that are easy and quick to prepare.

You may now present your case.
DragonX

Pro

Convenient are speed on the go but not better in taste. When you make a home cook meal you can put your own ingredints & it's cheaper in prices in the long run . Some convenient meals cost about 2.30 which if you buy 5 it would be 1.40 total & after you're finished you're always gonnna want more plus they're more unhealthy for a person. A home cooked meal when you but the meat for 3:35 you have at least enough meat to prepare for at least 6 burgers 7 some of them have hamburgers cut out for you. Convenient meals are good on the go but when you finish it when you're gone you end going somewhere else to buy it. If you make a home cooked meal correctly You can also have it the & is more likely to fill you up because convenient are usually smaller in most cases & when you have some home cooked meals you save your meals & be full for a while & if you're hungry you'll most likely have more meals for a while. Example rice if you put 2 cups of rice it expands & then you'll get full faster & then you can take several of them to go as well & they can be microwave as well. Also you can have more when go home because of this.
Buddamoose

Con

Ok starting out for anyone that may have a slight problem figuring out what exactly my peers main points are, ill point them out in turn, and then refute them.

A) Home cooked meals taste better

Now to be honest can we really proclaim this a reason for why home-cooked meals are better? No, some of the tastiest foods, from Mcdonalds to Ice cream, are both convenient and delicious. Not only that this point is entirely subjective and I would request my peer stay away from points such as these as there is generally no reason for me to refute them, as they are just based upon his own personal opinions.

B) Home-cooked meals allow you to put your own ingredients im

Yes, they indeed do. Freedom of choice is a wonderful thing, but say you are a terrible cook? A rotisserie chicken from the supermarket would be quite convenient. In fact, the beauty about convenient meals, is there is a plethora of choices available. There is just as much choice in convenient meals, as there is with home-cooked meals. So this point, though valid, ultimately does not sufficiently prove the affirmative position, because convenient meals offer the same thing.

C) Home-cooked meals are cheaper in price

Well actually, you got me on this one. You are absolutely correct, ultimately convenient meal options will end up costing a consumer more then cooking up meals at home from scratch. Yet, on balance, with just this point can we sufficiently say home-cooked meals are superior to convenient meals? No, I'm afraid we still have not reached the point where we can yet.

D) " If you make a home cooked meal correctly You can also have it the & is more likely to fill you up because convenient are usually smaller in most cases & when you have some home cooked meals you save your meals & be full for a while & if you're hungry you'll most likely have more meals for a while"

Im afraid I really did not understand what message my peer was attempting to convey with this. I think hes attempting to say home-cooked meals will have more left-overs because convenient meals are usually smaller. If this is the case well...

I vehemently object! What if one goes out to a restaurant? Have you seen the portions they feed you? I dont care who you are, if you order the fajita platter at Applebee's you are going to have left-overs. Also, this really isnt a fair comparison, as a person could either have left-overs, or none at all based on how much they cook. I could microwave 6 burritos and have 4 left over when Im full, does this mean I would magically have 5 burritos left instead of four if I had prepared them myself? No!

Anyways, onto my case

Convenient meals are on balance better than home-cooked.

A) Convenient meals are easy to make

1) Convenient meals wont have you waiting an hour while oneself prepares the food they want to eat. A few minutes and you'll have the food you desire
2) Sometimes theres an even smaller wait time, who doesnt like the quick and convenient service at fast food restaurants?

B) Convenient meals are great when you are busy

1) My peer alludes to this in his case, by saying convenient meals are great on the go. Well indeed they are!
2) Sometimes you just dont have enough time to prepare food at home, in these cases, convenient meals are the obvious superior.

C) Convenient meals are great for socializing

1) Where do most people go on dates? Well out to a restaurant of course! The meals at those places are extremely convenient.
2) Rather than having to focus on preparing food, people can just enjoy each others company
3) Because of this, convenient meals have allowed millions, if not billions of people the chance to connect and eventually procreate, thus furthering the human species.(lol)

Ill stop right here, and allow my peer the chance to respond.

___________________

SOURCES:

1) http://m.quickmeme.com...
2) http://m.quickmeme.com...
DragonX

Pro

DragonX forfeited this round.
Buddamoose

Con

Very well then, please take note my opponent has forfeited the round and
take that into consideration.

Extend all arguments, vote con.
Vote Placed by RacH3ll3 5 years ago
RacH3ll3
DragonXBuddamooseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfieted.
Vote Placed by Sans_the_Ander 5 years ago
Sans_the_Ander
DragonXBuddamooseTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF... Plus Pro didn't make any sense in the argument he did post...