abc123cba321
firefury14620

Home school should be an easy and free option everywhere.

abc123cba321

Pro

All students learn in different ways, and some learn with online homeschool, so why can we not allow the children to go on a free, and good education system.
firefury14620

Con

The first thing that I would like to point out is that you obviously know nothing about homeschooling. The parent who is teaching the child must be certified for the country to count the schooling as legal and in accordance with the policy that requires all minors to attend school. Second, homeschooling has been proven to be much less effective than a public school with licensed and educated teachers in an scenario. Almost all schools have a special needs program for kids who don't learn the same way as everyone else. Online homeschooling is definitely not free either, and the students do not learn better with homeschooling than they would with a personalized education plan like one that would be established by a 504. Taking into account the sheer amount of colleges that refuse to accept students who have homeschooled, this does not seem like the best option for the student in the long run. I know people who are homeschooled, and they are definitely not up to par with other students at their grade level. Keeping this in mind, I don't see any reason why homeschooling should be encouraged for any student.
abc123cba321

Pro

Okay, I should have extracted it more.
Online homeschooling, and I have never said it was free. But a student who learns better with the online learning should be able to do it for free, whether using a computer loaned to them , or they can afford their own computer.
And the usnews.com had stated about 2 million students who take online classes have graduated early, compared to normal public school.
firefury14620

Con

All of those things are true, but mostly all of those students that graduated early were not accepted into college or university. This is because of the lack of present teachers and ease of communication that comes with a physical classroom.
abc123cba321

Pro

Although they were not accepted into some colleges, if they really wanted to they would have tried a lot hard, and although you do keep pointing out the number of people who were homeschooled that didn't go to college. can I state that the percentage of students who do graduate high school early through homeschool have gone to college is larger than the percentage of students who don't get accepted into college. and can I point out that the famous YouTuber Tana Mongeau graduated one year early with a 3.8 after attending online high school and is now doing online college, and also can afford to live in an apartment with her friend and pay bills, shop and do everything that a normal 17-year-old girl does, except she is in college.
firefury14620

Con

This argument does not address the issue of the college acceptance gap. First, online colleges aren't recognized fondly by employers. Second, Tana Mongeau is a gross example that shows one person that has been successful. Did you include any statistics as to the number of accepted kids? According to a study, 85% of colleges say that they would not accept a homschooled student. This is because of the gap in resources and learning. That 3.8 GPA is because the coursework isn't as difficult as in a physical classroom.You also say that she is in an online college. That proves my point! She is not in a physical college which is where people in high positions have to get their degree.
Vote Placed by SkyLeach 10 months ago
SkyLeach
abc123cba321firefury14620Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I can't award any points on this. I saw no sources, just claims and speculation. Pro seemed to accept a lot of things on faith that Con said, but I have since nobody linked any studies or data the arguments pretty much evened out. Neither of you formatted your arguments very well. Basically a tie as far as I'm concerned.