Feyerabend
Sniper1576

Homeless people die earlier because they are feckless. They should receive no support from the state

Feyerabend

Con

A homeless person is someone who has not accommodation and no means of obtaining it.
Someone is feckless when they make no investment in their own security.

Does the fact that someone is homeless constitute a dereliction of duty on their part? If so does the State have any responsibility toward people who are in such a situation or should they be punished by the withholding of all and any public funding?
Sniper1576

Pro

The homeless are not just people without jobs, but veterans forced out of their homes. The homeless deserve help when it comes to food and shelter, especially from the state. The homeless are still a part of the state, a people of the state. We don't know. What if the homeless man on the street is really a veteran who fought for you in a battle over seas. That homeless man on the street could be someone who got PTSD just for protecting our rights. That homeless man deserves help. Deserves food and shelter and help from the State. The homeless aren't people who don't have jobs or homes, but have families. Some homeless people have families to take care of, but can't because they don't have the financial help that we do.
We have homes, food, financial help. So, why shouldn't the homeless?
Feyerabend

Con

Feyerabend forfeited this round.
Sniper1576

Pro

Sniper1576 forfeited this round.
Posted by Feyerabend 2 years ago
Feyerabend
Please takeover pro position.
Takeover the position then. or propose your own version. Very expensive option you consider there.
Posted by peederpan 2 years ago
peederpan
i think we should put them all in a big rocket and ship them to the moon.
Posted by Feyerabend 2 years ago
Feyerabend
I had wanted to find someone who would back the motion I have certainly heard people who privately do.
I am pleased that no one would take up the pro position as given.
Posted by CentristX 2 years ago
CentristX
I read the title and got fired up and ready to debate! And then I realized you took the Con position, and we actually agreed.
Posted by pftjschute-me 2 years ago
pftjschute-me
No problem, I wanted to make no time was wasted arguing with you over just how much we agree with each other.
Posted by Feyerabend 2 years ago
Feyerabend
You agree with me, but there are those who vocalise the views in the proposition. I've heard people argue that homelessness is usually self-inflicted and that people on the streets do not wish to be helped. Apologise for the ambiguity.
Posted by pftjschute-me 2 years ago
pftjschute-me
Sorry, I'm confused by double negatives here: if I believe homeless people should receive support from the state, does that make me a contender, or do I agree with you?