Bluenights35
silverkx2000

Homeschool vs. Public Schools/Unschooling: Which is better?

Bluenights35

Pro

I am a strong supporter of homeschooling. I only support unschooling to a certain extent and I believe that public schools are inferior to homeschooling. I'd like to hear from advocates of either public schools or unschooling.

No swearing.

Keep things friendly.

Use sources.

You can use personal experiences, but they cannot be the basis of your argument.

If you want more background, I was homeschooled for 7 years, unschooled for a month, and later enrolled in a public high school; homeschooling was the more superior alternative.
silverkx2000

Con

I will gladly accept your challenge and will take the con as supporting "Public Schools".

I would like to hear your argument first, then I will proceed with my rebuttal and my argument.
Bluenights35

Pro

Bluenights35 forfeited this round.
silverkx2000

Con

Since my opponent has forfeited, I shall present my argument.

I believe public schools are better than home schooling for the following reasons:

First and Foremost, by Home schooling, you are taking your child out of a public setting, therefore interfering with social life and activity's. Home schooling does not provide the same skill building activities that are learned from public schools. Furthermore, by keeping your child out of the public environment, the child will fail to cope with society of child his age and will have to rely on his parents for that social interaction.

Secondly, Home schooling can lead to Finical restraints! Books cost money and are not cheap whatsoever and one parent (mother or father) may have to quit there job completely just to aid the child in their education. Along with this, most of the time it is the mother that will want to enroll her child in home schooling, but with women's (from a scientific standpoint) emotions and instability, this can cause problems. Stay at home mothers already cook, clean and provide in many ways...home schooling a child, especially with no previous teaching credentials can lead to more stress. (I have personal experience)

Third and Final, This comes with Time Constraints.. You and the Child will have to wake up at certain times, have breakfast, start on the schoolwork, etc.. Along with the chores that need to be done around the house to keep it maintained. Making and having a set schedule for your child as being home schooled takes energy and commitment, which again can be hard with a child going through his teen years.

Source: http://school.familyeducation.com...
Bluenights35

Pro

Bluenights35 forfeited this round.
silverkx2000

Con

silverkx2000 forfeited this round.
Bluenights35

Pro

Bluenights35 forfeited this round.
silverkx2000

Con

silverkx2000 forfeited this round.
Posted by silverkx2000 4 years ago
silverkx2000
er...Cross Examination THEN my argument. Sorry about that. Still a little tired
Posted by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
The debate question is a little unclear.

Home Schooling can work out quite well, but is dangerous territory.

Growing up it was claimed I was "home schooled," when in fact if anyone was caught with a book it was time to paint the house again. This was in addition to holding signs outside abortion clinics, stuffing envelopes with neo-nazi propaganda, and other terrible terrible activities.
Posted by justin.graves 4 years ago
justin.graves
You pretty much copied my debate...