Kate.22
InsertNameHere

Homeschooling is better than public school.

InsertNameHere

Kate.22

Pro

I believe homeschooling is 100 times better than public school for the main fact you do not have to worry about any distractions around you such as bullying. I myself am home schooled and my grades are better than ever.
InsertNameHere

Con

I thank my opponent for setting up his quick debate(only ten minutes per round, this should be interesting).

My opponent claims that homeschooling is better than public schooling. I do not believe this is the case since public schooling provides one wih all sorts of social opportunities. You're around many people of the same age you can make friends with, there's afterschool clubs, etc. While at home these same opportunities do not exist.

Bullying can indeed be a problem in public schools, but isn't it better that one learns about all social situations and how to deal with them? There are valuable social skills to be learned from both friendships and encounters with people you don't particularly like. Bullying is usually a negative thing obviously, but through school you can also develop a support system to combat this too. I'm a product of public school bullying and I had both friends and counselling support networks through my school.

As for better grades, that is entirely subjective. Different people do well in different environments and in different subjects. What my opponent claims to be good at somebody else may be even better at, or even worse at. For somebody who is extroverted and learns well in environments with other students public schooling would be beneficial for them.

Good luck!

Kate.22

Pro

I would have to disagree with you. I am in http://www.k12.com... and we have tons and tons of after school club's such as photography, physics, ect. We also do have tons of social out goings. We meet up all the time our whole school and teachers do. We have picnics and even homecomings/proms. We also get 10 minutes before each class to talk to our classmates and teachers.
InsertNameHere

Con

My opponent claims that her homeschooling comes with social gatherings and clubs. However, homeschooling is generally understood as schooling from home. In that case, what my opponent is engaging in is not truly "homeschooling". She still has classmates.
Kate.22

Pro

Kate.22 forfeited this round.
InsertNameHere

Con

Unfortunately the last round was forfeited. I was going to make a point that often homeschooling is used by parents to indoctrinate children into a specific ideology.

I thank my opponent for this quick debate. Good luck to both of us in the voting period!
Posted by Kc3d 4 years ago
Kc3d
I would have enjoyed reading the rest of your argument =p I think she gave up too easily. good debate though.
Posted by InsertNameHere 4 years ago
InsertNameHere
Oops, totally didn't mean to do a semantical argument there. -__-
Vote Placed by KuriouserNKuriouser 4 years ago
KuriouserNKuriouser
Kate.22InsertNameHereTied
Reasons for voting decision: "Homeschooling" should have been defined in R1. Pro argued why she prefers her alleged HS experience, not why homeschooling in general is superior to public school. Her arguments were anecdotal and unverifiable. Con refuted her points leaving her with no support for her claim. Conduct for Pro forfeit.
Vote Placed by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
Ron-Paul
Kate.22InsertNameHereTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't really present any relevant arguments, yet she had the BoP. Obvious con win.