Goodargumentkid
nikidavis

Homeschooling

Goodargumentkid

Con

I have came across the homeschooling argument and now i want to start a debate. I am a con, so any pro is welcome. First round is acceptance

-GoodArgumentKid
nikidavis

Pro

Goodargumentkid

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for her involvement in this debate. Hopefully we can have a friendly and kind debate about this issue.

First, I want to talk about parenting types.

Not everyone is sure of what happens in people's homes. It can be physical abuse, verbal abuse, starvation, child molestation, etc... That is a parenting type. Say that parent decided to homeschool their child. The child cannot get a second view of the difference between right and wrong. If you are raised poorly, you would grow up to be just like your parents. School teaches you want is right and what is wrong. Their is a HUGE difference. 99.7 children in America who were raised with abuse are growing up to be abusers themselves. That percentage can go down when children go to school and learn.
nikidavis

Pro

" Say that parent decided to homeschool their child. The child cannot get a second view of the difference between right and wrong."

I don't know where you get the idea that homeschooling is about drilling opinions into children's head. Homeschooling is about providing an alternative education to the student. The main type of homeschooling, (parent teaching child) the parent acts as a teacher, but closer to the child. A child gets as much if not more sense of right and wrong than a traditional school student.

"Their is a HUGE difference. 99.7 children in America who were raised with abuse are growing up to be abusers themselves. That percentage can go down when children go to school and learn."

First of all, you did not cite your sources.
Second of all, you have not shown the correlation between homeschooling and abuse.

1. Individualized education

In a traditional public school, the teacher to student ratio is very high. At around 30-1, in a homeschool environment it is around 2-1. This provides a more individualized learning approach, such as focusing more on the students needs, giving student one on one lessons, and more.
One size does not fit all.

2. Education.
(Most) Homeschool students do better in academics. The homeschooled typically score 15 to 30 percentile points above public school students on standardized academic achievement tests. (The public school average is the 50th percentile; scores range from 1 to 99.) Homeschooled students score above average on achievement tests regardless of their parents" level of formal education or their family"s household income.[1]

I have other reasons to support this but I would like to hear rebuttals first.

[1] http://www.nheri.org...
Goodargumentkid

Con

Goodargumentkid forfeited this round.
nikidavis

Pro

That's too bad.

My arguments stand.
Goodargumentkid

Con

Goodargumentkid forfeited this round.
nikidavis

Pro

My arguments stand.
Goodargumentkid

Con

Goodargumentkid forfeited this round.
nikidavis

Pro

That's too bad.
Vote pro!